GUILTY OH - Jacqueline Cooper, 13 mos, brutally murdered, Springfield, 6 Oct 2004

Too sad. Poor little baby...
I can't believe anyone would want to harm a defenseless, innocent baby.
It makes me sick to my stomach.

10 years??? Thats a freaking gift!!!! :banghead: She shouldve gotten life!!!!

(I wish shed have gotten inflicted with the same torture her baby did but Im sure the ACLU would say thats inhumane!!!)

That poor precious baby. She was so beautiful. I hope that woman never has another child. How could any parent, anyone for that matter, hurt a baby, I can't stand to hear mine cry at all, and I imagine this baby suffered and would have been screaming her head off. That man deserves to rot in h***!!!!

What a sweet little face and haunting eyes.. I hope the Mom and her boyfriend are haunted forever by them.

Cass,

You are too kind. These people tortured and murdered a BABY! No manslaughter or minimal sentence should be exercised. What sentence did this little baby have....too many times life is devalued because they are young and don't speak for themselves and nobody else takes responsibility.This should be treated as any other adult crime.The adults are animals and their cruelty is pretty reprehensible. A BABY! It makes me sick.

Ten years isn't nearly long enough for this "woman" (monster is more like it).

She should be sterilized, too.

I think they both deserve the death penalty, actually.

This baby has a twin. I was reading some of the background stories on this baby and found this:

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/3792482/detail.html
snip
SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Springfield Township police are investigating the sudden death of a 13-month-old and the hospitalization of her twin sister, reported NewsChannel

I looked over those articles mysteriew, but I don't see any new information about the twin, is she with the biological father?

They abused both babies?!!!! If I was a judge it would be two two sentences served without any chance of parole. It is things like this that make me think we should have an eye for an eye policy sometimes.

Sudzi said:
I looked over those articles mysteriew, but I don't see any new information about the twin, is she with the biological father?

I didn't find anything new about her either, or about where she was. It was just like they suddenly quit talking about her.

mysteriew said:
This baby has a twin. I was reading some of the background stories on this baby and found this:

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/3792482/detail.html
snip
SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Springfield Township police are investigating the sudden death of a 13-month-old and the hospitalization of her twin sister, reported NewsChannel

Poor, precious babies.
I hope the little twin is safe in a loving
new family. :(

According to the Cleveland paper, the surviving twin is in the custody of the killer's parents, but the bio father, (Cooper) is filing for custody. There was a picture of him hoding both girls. He said all he has now is a lock of her hair and pictures. So sad.

The paper also said that the mother and twins were living with Mr. Cooper's parents while he was away on business and they threw her (and the twins) out because she was cheating on him with the man who later killed the baby. The killer also had a prior record for that sort of thing, but probably she did not know that. The sentencing article said she originally lied and said the baby was injured when a crib collapsed, but later admitted that did not happen. The judge threw the book at her and said she KNEW this guy was abusing the baby and chose him over the baby. Very poor choice.

Opie if you hear anymore on this please let us know.....poor little dear it just breaks my heart. Did they ever report her name?
Sending strong prayers out to the surviving twin and her father..
That "mother" and her satanist boyfriend deserve the death penalty!

libraryg--

Cleveland paper today reports Danie Duffield was sentenced to 28 yrs to life on Wed. The mother, Vanessa McGlumphy, was sentenced to 10 yrs last week. Jacqueline Cooper died on 10/6/04. Duffield had served 2 yrs in prison after being convicted of child endangering in August 2000 for beating 17 m.o. son of a girlfriend and force-feeding him 7 or 8 adult Benadryl tablets. Duffield claims innocence, yeah, right. His mother proclaims same about him. What a mess.

I am in shock that these 2 got off so easy! :furious:
Thanks for the update Opie, I agree it is one helluva mess!

Opie said:
libraryg--

Cleveland paper today reports Danie Duffield was sentenced to 28 yrs to life on Wed. The mother, Vanessa McGlumphy, was sentenced to 10 yrs last week. Jacqueline Cooper died on 10/6/04. Duffield had served 2 yrs in prison after being convicted of child endangering in August 2000 for beating 17 m.o. son of a girlfriend and force-feeding him 7 or 8 adult Benadryl tablets. Duffield claims innocence, yeah, right. His mother proclaims same about him. What a mess.

Oh man, what a sickening update! Is that all this child;s life is worth in the courts estimation???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

And his previous crime....BEATING a 17 m.o. ! Force-feeding him
7 or 8 ADULT Benadryl tablets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 Benadryl tablets about
knock me out! This sounds more loke attempted murder than anything
else. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members