Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
******SEARCH DISCUSSION ONLY******

This thread is for the discussion of searching for Dylan Redwine. Please make sure your posts are relative to the search and not other peripheral information in his disappearance.

For example, it is NOT okay to post about something said on the Dr. Phil show. It IS OKAY to post that you wonder if such and such area has been searched because you have evidence that MR was in that area or frequents that area.

The regular discussion thread will return once the mods have had a chance to complete the pow wow. Until then, we wanted to give everyone a place to continue looking for Dylan. It's all about Dylan!!!

If you need information about past threads, media links, etc, please look here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #44

I am looking for a map with pin points of areas that have been searched. We don't have one for this case? If we do, can someone link?

There needs to be a correction made to one of the points on the map.
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121125/NEWS01/121129707/Divers-search-reservoir
authorities are looking to talk to two boys who were spotted by a female postal worker northbound about 2 p.m. Nov. 19, in the 18000 block of County Road 501, at the Vallecito Lake Country Market

The location for the reported sighting is much further north, at the intersection of CR500 and CR501, according to Google Maps.

That's the only map I could find.. We can make a new map with all the updated search info at anytime.

Does anyone know if the rental property that was transferred to Mark in 2012 was searched? Even if someone is actually living there?

I wonder if Navajo lake has been searched. I was looking at the map and there are several lakes.

I wonder if Navajo lake has been searched. I was looking at the map and there are several lakes.

Ransom had a post in the last thread that I know said Lemon for sure and I think it also said Horsehead but I can't remember specifically Navajo.

I am not good at drawing maps out or I would do it with pinpoints of all the areas that have been searched and mark possible areas to search.

Here's the document on child homicide investigations with a chapter on body disposal characteristics, statistics, etc. :(

Case Management for Missing Child Homicide Investigation
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/pr/201316.pdf
Here is another, more updated document (from 2006).
www.missingkids.com/en_US/archive/documents/homicide_missing.pdf

This is information on an child abduction/homicide, with a little about child homicide (no abduction), but not abduction and captivity.

Here is another, more updated document (from 2006).
www.missingkids.com/en_US/archive/documents/homicide_missing.pdf

This is information on an child abduction/homicide, with a little about child homicide (no abduction), but not abduction and captivity.

So most likely a rural area, deliberately selected, concealed, and the person who did this has possibly returned to the (ugh I hate this term) disposal site.

Is it possible that it would be a place that had some meaning? ETA: the study did not address how familiar the killer was with the area that the body is left.

So most likely a rural area, deliberately selected, concealed, and the person who did this has possibly returned to the (ugh I hate this term) disposal site.

Is it possible that it would be a place that had some meaning? ETA: the study did not address how familiar the killer was with the area that the body is left.
That appears to be accurate for a stranger abduction. The key for most of this document is this: whomever is missing was originally kidnapped or abducted (legalese seems to be taken more than 50 feet from where the missing person was at the time of abduction). It would appear that depending on what kind of missing child case this is (abduction, runaway, abduction/homicide, homicide, etc), the search scenario would change. So the way LE was originally searching (as if Dylan were a runaway)had to morph into a search for an abducted child, and that search scenario could still be incorrect. It cannot be an easy task to try to cover all search scenarios.

I need to look for another document that details if there is any kind of pattern for searching for an abduction and captivity scenario.

That appears to be accurate for a stranger abduction. The key for most of this document is this: whomever is missing was originally kidnapped or abducted (legalese seems to be taken more than 50 feet from where the missing person was at the time of abduction). It would appear that depending on what kind of missing child case this is (abduction, runaway, abduction/homicide, homicide, etc), the search scenario would change. So the way LE was originally searching (as if Dylan were a runaway)had to morph into a search for an abducted child, and that search scenario could still be incorrect. It cannot be an easy task to try to cover all search scenarios.

I need to look for another document that details if there is any kind of pattern for searching for an abduction and captivity scenario.

I had similar thought last night falling asleep. A panicked reason who did something unintentionally should act differently than some one who planned for months. A sick thrill-seeker might consider a body differently than someone else. IMO.

Also there's a line in the article about keeping the body longer - I thought about this scum up here that had poor little Jessica under the house. What if, just a thought, the final resting place wasn't chosen until after the initial searches. Is there a possibility of a temporary storage?

I wonder about searching the routes of MR's truck for work. I am hoping that DR is alive and possibly stashed somewhere along one of the work routes so that its' easy to go by with supplies, food, water to get him through a few more days . Also wondering about how regular his routes are. Does he go the same route weekly? bi weekly? or does he go somewhere new every trip ?

I wonder about searching the routes of MR's truck for work. I am hoping that DR is alive and possibly stashed somewhere along one of the work routes so that its' easy to go by with supplies, food, water to get him through a few more days . Also wondering about how regular his routes are. Does he go the same route weekly? bi weekly? or does he go somewhere new every trip ?

From the way I understood it the company he works for lays pipe. So they would have job sights in different locations and would work at each job sight until the project is complete. I thought he would only be driving supplies to the sight and then working there. So, it's not like he's on the road everyday or anything like that.

If LE is smart they have GPS all over him.

From the way I understood it the company he works for lays pipe. So they would have job sights in different locations and would work at each job sight until the project is complete. I thought he would only be driving supplies to the sight and then working there. So, it's not like he's on the road everyday or anything like that.

If LE is smart they have GPS all over him.

I've wondered if his job is related to the search they did in Eastern Colorado.

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...-want-to-leave-no-stone-unturned’-in-search--

Investigators have looked in three different locations: one in La Plata County, one in the high country north of Durango and one in eastern Colorado, said Dan Bender, spokesman with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office.

wonder what towns are in eastern Co. I need to learn how to do maps.. my weekend project

wonder what towns are in eastern Co. I need to learn how to do maps.. my weekend project

Castle Rock, Colorado Springs and Pueblo are considered eastern Co. according to my google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni