IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ass&action=5&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_NKNWU00L5_UNEWS

NEW ALBANY, Ind. (AP) — Police say the bodies of a woman and two children have been recovered from a shallow creek in southern Indiana.

Maj. Keith Whitlow says the bodies were found Wednesday in New Albany. Whitlow says there are no obvious signs of foul play but that the deaths are being treated as homicides.......little more at link......

One child was 2 and one an adolescent...more info and names will be released after autopsies....

Whitlow said Wednesday that police are investigating the deaths as homicides, although there were no obvious signs of foul play, and the release said that no suspects had been identified.

from the article

The Courier-Journal article indicates there is a foot bridge just around the bend from where the bodies were found. I wonder if they / one of the children fell and the others got in to rescue? What doesn't make sense is that the creek is less than hip-deep. Perhaps it is deeper nearer the bridge?

Father/husband went to police station about 5:30 to report family missing. The same time bodies were found.
My hinky meter is nudging me on two things. He came home from work at 5:00 and within 30 minutes goes to LE to report them missing. Second, after being interviewed all night he goes to a hotel. He moved to the area to be near family. Why not go to family members' home? Family dynamics can explain reasons he did either of these things, but until then ...

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...039/3-bodies-found-New-Albany-park-identified

From the courier-journal link above:

The husband told LE he got home from work about 5 p.m. to find his his wife’s car, keys to the car and apartment, and a diaper bag still there.

That's never good.

Could she have done a murder/suicide and jumped from the bridge with the babies?
Ok, one child was 10, the other just an infant. It makes no sense.

Could she have done a murder/suicide and jumped from the bridge with the babies?
Ok, one child was 10, the other just an infant. It makes no sense.

Could be but LE says homicide with no mention of suicide at this point. The part is about 1/4 mile from home. The water was waist deep.

The bodies were found in Falling Run Creek at the park, which is about a quarter-mile from the Clutters’ Sheffield Square apartment off Country Club Drive.

Father/husband went to police station about 5:30 to report family missing. The same time bodies were found.
My hinky meter is nudging me on two things. He came home from work at 5:00 and within 30 minutes goes to LE to report them missing. Second, after being interviewed all night he goes to a hotel. He moved to the area to be near family. Why not go to family members' home? Family dynamics can explain reasons he did either of these things, but until then ...

http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...039/3-bodies-found-New-Albany-park-identified

It does seem odd. But the son was 10 yrs old. And there were no signs of trauma. I don't see how a father could have drowned a 10 yr old without him struggling and leaving signs of the struggle. Especially with the mother there.

I really wonder if the mom might have done this. She waited for dad to come back on his visit and then does this as the ultimate revenge? Because I don't see how a 6 month old ends up in a creek accidentally.

It does seem odd. But the son was 10 yrs old. And there were no signs of trauma. I don't see how a father could have drowned a 10 yr old without him struggling and leaving signs of the struggle. Especially with the mother there.

I really wonder if the mom might have done this. She waited for dad to come back on his visit and then does this as the ultimate revenge? Because I don't see how a 6 month old ends up in a creek accidentally.

I'm wondering about this scenario also. Maybe the father went to the police so quick because his wife had been unstable. I wonder why he drove instead of called them though. Or, maybe he did call them and they told him to come file a report?

She had a 6 month old baby so she could have had some post partum depression. The end of the world church stuff really bothers me as well.

I'm curious to see what the autopsy results reveal.

Bodies of mom, 2 kids found in Indiana

The bodies of a woman and her two children found in Binford Park in New Albany, Ind., were identified by authorities Thursday.

New Albany police Maj. Keith Whitlow said autopsies were performed on the bodies of Jamie Clutter, 35, Brandon Clutter, 10, and Katelyn Clutter, 6 months, at the Kentucky Medical Examiner's office in Louisville, Ky.

Further tests were being conducted to determine how each of the victims died, he said..

Police found the bodies in Falling Run Creek in the park about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, the News and Tribune, Jeffersonville, Ind., reported.

Whitlow said the police department was conducting a "homicide investigation" but no suspects had been identified.

Husband 'devastated' by loss of wife, 2 kids; bodies found in New Albany park

Even as a New Albany man was going to police to report his wife and two children missing, officers were responding to the discovery of their bodies in a local park, the family’s pastor said Thursday.

Michael Clutter, 47, said he went to the police station after returning home from work about 5 p.m. Wednesday to find them missing, according to the Rev. J. Todd Nichols, pastor of Greater Faith Church.

The bodies of Jamie Clutter, 35; son Brandon Clutter, 10; and 6-month-old daughter Katelyn Clutter; were found by a passer-by in New Albany’s Binford Park about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, police said Thursday.

Michael Clutter “was devastated” when he was told, Nichols said, adding that he spent hours with him at the police station. “And he’s had about 30 minutes of sleep since he left for work” at 4:50 a.m. Wednesday.

No suspects have been identified, Maj. Keith Whitlow, a police spokesman, said Thursday.

There are 2 threads on this one, if someone could combine them...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201979"]IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

New details about mother, children found dead in New Albany park

Mike and Jaime Clutter had just moved to with their two kids, 10-year-old Brandon and 6-month-old Kaitlyn, from the Seattle, Wash. area to New Albany. According to their pastor at Greater Faith Church, J. Todd Nichols, Mike’s family lives in Portland, Ind..

“He had been out of work for a couple years and got a job here, a very good job and they were kind of getting back on their feet and things were going great for them,” Nichols said.

Nichols described the couple as very docile and kind and their son Brandon, wise beyond his years.

“Precious boy, very smart, very intelligent. He was very captivating. Everybody loved Brandon. He was kind of the 10-year-old going on 25,” Nichols explained.

Their loving nature made it even more shocking when Jaime and her two children were found dead in Falling Run Creek in Binford Park near their apartment. Walkers in the park spotted the bodies.

A news conference is schedule for 3 p.m. Friday where police are expected to update the media on their investigation. WHAS11 will have a reporter at the briefing and we will bring you the latest information on whas11.com and during the evening newscasts.

This sounds really weird. I plan on watching the presser if it's live. :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back