Dark Minds "Texas Killing Fields" episode airing Wednesday, March 20th at 9 PM CDT

nutkin

Reaction score
on Investigation Discovery.

While this Phelps guy allegedly investigating all of these suspected serial murders leaves a lot to be desired (he is sort of cheesy and dumb, IMO), it is nice to have some media coverage of these cases.

I watch it just so I can figure out who his serial killer hosts are. Took me longer last year to figure out who "13" was. Figured out who Raven was tonight. Now that I know who he is, Raven's credibility is ruined. Probably won't watch the rest. I think Phelps reaches too often, seeing connections that aren't there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who is Raven? I've been trying to figure it out. I agree, Phelps is on the dramatic side. And I could do without "Raven" and his "expertise." I like that the show draws attention to these cold cases...just wish there was less Raven and more info/facts.

Who is Raven? I've been trying to figure it out. I agree, Phelps is on the dramatic side. And I could do without "Raven" and his "expertise." I like that the show draws attention to these cold cases...just wish there was less Raven and more info/facts.

YES!!!! Who is Raven ?

I cried when I saw Tim Miller on. I did not know he had suffered so...Sitting there in the woods all that time ...OMG

Please give some clue as to who Raven is...pretty please...

Raven is Keith Jesperson. 13 is Joel Rifkin.

I know entirely too much about entirely too many serial killers. LOL

Yeah, Jesperson does make sense. When he said Raven traveled across the country, I knew then it couldn't be Ridgway anymore.

I am glad they feature Jessica Cain's case. She doesn't get very much publicity in the visual media and I think it is because her parents have remained fairly silent about the topic over the years.

Phelps' idea that she stopped to vomit is stupid. If she had stopped and vomited, there would have been signs of vomit on the side of the road or the truck or something. And him trying to tie her disappearance to Kevin Smith was dumb, especially since he didn't tie him to Laura Smither or Amber Hagerman (I believe he is responsible for both).

He mentioned no other suspects even though there are many who have been named as POIs. It was nice that some coverage was given, but it just wasn't enough.

And Tim Miller...I think the world of him. He did suffer tremendously, and still does to this day. He made Robert Abel's life a living hell until he moved away and comimited suicide. That is what a father does when his baby is taken away. And to turn that pain around and help others....he is amazing.

It is my personal opinion that the person who killed Tim Millers daughter was a cop. I base that on the fact that she was taken in such a public place. I do think all 4 girls found in the field was the work of the same killer. Not sure about the rest.

I thought Gary Ridgeway was 13 almost all of last season until I seen an interview with Joel Rifkin. Even though they disguised his voice it still sounded like him. It was his laugh and how often he said, "Um" that gave it away. I knew that Raven killed by strangulation and that he was cocky from his comments about The Following, but it wasn't enough to figure it out. When Phelps said he was a transient killer I knew. Went and watched some clips of Jesperson speaking and even though his voice is also disguised, they speak in the same slow monotone way.

Raven is Keith Jesperson. 13 is Joel Rifkin.

Thank You Frostess. I do not know who Jesperson is but I know Rifkin. He lived by my Aunts house. I feel Rifkin is the Long Island serial killer. I just watched the Texas Killing Fields so I had enough of SK's tonight. Loved hearing my favorite Mazzy Star in the movie.

It has long been thought that either a cop or an impersonator is responsible for some of these disappearances/murders.

I do believe some of the women/girls probably did get into the killer's vehicle voluntarily, especially the earlier ones. It hasn't been until the last 15 years or so that people have really been cautioned about hitchhiking.

The two identified Calder Rd. victims did disappear after using the same pay phone. That leads me to believe the two "Does" probably were also seen using that same pay phone. And there have been other cases over the years where girls/women have disappeared after using a pay phone in the greater Houston/Galveston area.

I think Raven is Bobby Joe Long, not Keith Jesperson. The reason is that both the cadence and inflection of the voice sound more like Long than it does Jesperson. I think the voice on the show is only garbled in pitch and not regular speaking pattern. Do a Youtube search for both criminals and listen to actual interviews. For what it's worth, having a convicted criminal as an "expert" is ludicrous. I wish Dr. Michael Stone would make more Most Evil episodes. I found his take on crime most educational and also put criminal behavior into the proper perspective.

I think Raven is Bobby Joe Long, not Keith Jesperson. The reason is that both the cadence and inflection of the voice sound more like Long than it does Jesperson. I think the voice on the show is only garbled in pitch and not regular speaking pattern. Do a Youtube search for both criminals and listen to actual interviews. For what it's worth, having a convicted criminal as an "expert" is ludicrous. I wish Dr. Michael Stone would make more Most Evil episodes. I found his take on crime most educational and also put criminal behavior into the proper perspective.

pretty sure its jesperson. he lets it slip in "the coastal killers" that he dropped a flashlight he tried to go back for...plus, he is pretty notoriously narcissistic and an attention-seeking type, so his "featured role" would fulfill that need. bobby joe long is a complete nutjob...can't imagine phelps forming a "relationship" with him.

i agree with nutkin, i watch it more to learn about the cold cases. i think the SK's don't offer much more insight than anyone interested in true crime... its just a hook, IMO, for the producers. however, it is one of the shows on ID that actually is okay with not having "an ending" or resolution...thus allowing them to spotlight unsolved cases.

The Texas Killing Fields was not a bad movie,although it did steer away from the actual facts in a few instances.

The Texas Killing Fields was not a bad movie,although it did steer away from the actual facts in a few instances.

This thread is in reference to a documentary-type show that did show actual facts from the cases and not the movie which had absolutely zero actual facts.

I missed it.I'm going to try to find that episode on YouTube.

Here's the link to the "The Killing Field" clip on Dark Minds.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/dark-minds/videos/the-killing-field.htm

and here's the full episode

http://www.freemovies.ws/dark-minds-season-2-episode-4-the-texas-killing-field/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah