Canada - Two inmates escape St-Jerome prison in a helicopter

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Two escape from St-Jérôme prison via helicopter (Montreal Gazette)
MONTREAL — The Sûreté du Québec is hunting for two inmates who escaped from prison Sunday afternoon and used a helicopter to flee.
---
Benjamin Hudon-Barbeau said he was fed up with prison and prepared to die.

“The treatment that they’re subjecting us to make no sense,” Hudon-Barbeau told radio station 98.5 FM. “I am ready to die. My life is over.”

He said he had been shot in the calf, but was not badly injured.

“I’m not badly hurt, I made a tourniquet,” he told the radio station. “The problem is that this is going to end badly. I find that sad. I’m only 36 years old.”

The provincial police force said the two prisoners escaped from St-Jérôme detention centre 60 kilometres northwest of Montreal, about 2:20 p.m. Sunday.

Police found the helicopter later in the afternoon near Mont Tremblant, north of St-Jérôme, with the pilot on board.
---
more, with a picture of Hudon-Barbeau, at the link

Hudon-Barbeau has that "anti-hero" look that could play well in the press and portions of the public if this turns into an extended on-the-run story. I see the other escapee's named Danny Provençal. Perfect! Hope they catch 'em quick but there's always been something about a good train robbery, bank or jewel heist, or helicopter escape that is very interesting.

The storyline's all on Danny Provençal's shoulders now! And how stupid do you have to be to escape in a frickin' helicopter but then get caught four hours later? Jeesh, Hudon-Barbeau (smh). What was he doing, still yakkin' with the FM station? Good work by Sûreté though, good job.

This one reads like an action movie. But somehow it seems a little simplified. I wonder how many people were involved in this?

This started as a late-period Scorsese classic, devolved into an HBO mini-series, and wound up as a sitcom pilot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back