TX - Dallas man who dismembered corpse to be released from mental hospital

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Man-...-released-from-Mental-Hospital-198867601.html

Man who dismembered corpse to be released from mental hospital

"These are very violent acts, and it's progressing, and it's going to progress, and society needs to be afraid," the unnamed source said.
News 8 obtained some of Staley's journals. They are graphic.
He writes:
"I love it. When I look into my eyes, I see the devil looking back at me. I want to cut you open and see your insides. I feel like Jeff Dahmer is my mirror mind."
In another passage, Staley writes:
"I'm sick, I guess. That's what they say. I want to tie your intestines around your neck and suffocate your lifeless body."
"He has stated over and over again that he will kill when he gets out, because that is his mission from Satan," the News 8 source said.

He will be released Thursday and I'm not ashamed to say...I am fearful for everyone.

His name is Daniel Wayne Staley

(Shudder.)

Not enough caseworkers. We need to spend to protect ourselves and to treat those with mental illnesses, and not waste it overseas on hugely expensive and ultimately meaningless wars. Six trillion dollars on the war in Iraq, yet I'm sure the sequester will very much affect social programs at home. As Melville wrote, "Oh what are our creeds, and how do we hope to be saved?"

Why exactly can't he be kept in the mental hospital for life? Where are they going to release him? Since his relatives are said to be in hiding, I guess he will be homeless roaming the streets?
:banghead:

Why exactly can't he be kept in the mental hospital for life?
:banghead:

Lack of funds for such care. Mental health has such a stigma that it often gets its funding cut. :furious:

Moo.

And if that doesn't speak volumes for our hugely failing mental health care system in our country, then nothing does. :furious:

This is scary. Will he roam the streets and murder and dismember again? imo

This is scary. Will he roam the streets and murder and dismember again? imo

To be fair to the man, he isn't a murderer. He ...er..dug up a corpse and chopped its feet off. :what:

Still, doesn't sound like someone who should be roaming the streets, and given that his family want nothing to do with him, where is he even going to go when he's released?

To be fair to the man, he isn't a murderer. He ...er..dug up a corpse and chopped its feet off. :what:

Still, doesn't sound like someone who should be roaming the streets, and given that his family want nothing to do with him, where is he even going to go when he's released?
Still lol-ing. Wanted to point out that first bit too but abandoned all hope.

It's all about the money. Ugh. He will be back in the news shortly, I fear.

I apologize for the mistake. :blushing:

He 's still dangerous IMO.

You abandoned all hope? Why?
Abandoned all hope of finding a semi-proper way of alluding to the fact that the fellow wasn't a murderer, "just" a grave-robber and corpse-dismemberer. Somehow the difference between the two began to seem negligible, lol. Cappucino handled the task well in the post I quoted.

He used to work where I am currently employed. They said he seemed "normal" until they chsnged his duties one day and he wigged out....apparently even threatening to come back and blow the place up. Needless to say we're kinda all on edge.
Wha t I don't understand is why a hold can't be put on him. I thought if someone was actively homicidal/suicidal, they could be OPC'd? Why not in this case?

Oh, just great. He's in Texas. I wonder if he's being released in Big Spring or another town? I'm not aware of other state mental hospitals. That may be where he stays. '

Oh, just great. He's in Texas. I wonder if he's being released in Big Spring or another town? I'm not aware of other state mental hospitals. That may be where he stays. '
He's being released from North Texas State Hospital's Vernon TX campus, I think.

Abandoned all hope of finding a semi-proper way of alluding to the fact that the fellow wasn't a murderer, "just" a grave-robber and corpse-dismemberer. Somehow the difference between the two began to seem negligible, lol. Cappucino handled the task well in the post I quoted.

who lit cats on fire

He lit cats on fire? UUgghhhh.

I hope someone keeps an eye on this :nuts:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members