The Doe Network
Case File: 3100DFMA
Debra A. Cressotti
2625317560045078242_zpsac9a1dc3.jpg

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: April 30, 1985
Location Last Seen: Blandford, Hampden Co, Massachusetts

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: Unknown
Age at Time of Disappearance: 29
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 65-68 inches
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 135-150 lbs
Hair Color: Brown, sometimes dyes blonde and sometimes worn in a ponytail
Eye Color: Blue
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Debbie

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on right knee; pelvic fracture, unknown which side, from horseback riding accident

Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Not available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Chevrolet 210 Series Pickup, 1975, brown, MA plates AE33553-Crew cab pickup truck recovered at Bradley International Airport, Connecticut​

Circumstances of Disappearance

Debra was last seen on April 30, 1985.​

New DoeNet casefile. She's been in NamUs for a while, but her casefile was "no-photo" until recently.

Debra A. Cressotti

img_22793.jpeg
2625317560045078242_zpsac9a1dc3.jpg

16UFLA.jpg
16UFLA2.jpg

DoeNetwork Case 3100UMLA http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3100dfma.html
NamUs UP Case 11224 https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11224/0

There are a lot of question marks here. She is a little off on height (though not excessively). Her hair is darker than LPJD's description, but her casefile indicates that she sometimes dyes her hair blonde. She is the right age, and she has a very similar facial shape to the recon above. No indication of whether she has breast implants.

She was last seen April 30, 1985, and her vehicle was left at the Bradley Airport in Connecticut. This is a little more than a year before LPJD was found (i.e., June 19, 1986).

The possible connection that caught my attention is that she broke her pelvis in a horseback riding accident. The physical description of LPJD indicates "Antemortem trauma noted with the iliopubic and ischiopubic rami depressed posteriorly. " (in layman's terms, these are healed pelvic injuries).

She also has a scar on her right knee, just as LPJD does.

And maybe it's my imagination, but her nose in the red hoodie photo seems a little bigger than her nose in the black halter-top photo. They say that LPJD might have had a nose job.

LPJD's UID Links:
DoeNetwork 16UFLA http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html
NamUs UP Case 852 https://identifyus.org/cases/852

Where can you find some background to these UIDs and MP cases? It would sure be nice to know a little bit more about Debra and her relationship with family and friends. And I mean more than the bare bones "circumstances" in Namus. (no pun intended)

The corollary to this is....why does it appear that no one is still looking for her?

Matching up MPs with UIDs is very hard without knowing the context of her disappearance.

Isn't there even an old news story floating around the internet? I couldn't find one.

And finally....WTH is she doing driving a 1975 Chevy crew cab pickup?!:waitasec:

I just checked her name in Ancestry, and found that a Debra A Cressotti was married on 14-Nov-1977 in East Windsor, Connecticut to a man with the initials BHI. Her age was listed in the marriage record as 18, which would have placed her DOB at approx. 1959 (give or take a year). This is a couple years off from the MP listing which indicates that she was 29 in 1985 (which would have put her DOB at approx. 1956).

ETA: She is also listed in her husband's family tree (publicly listed in Ancestry). Her DOB is 23-Jun-1959, so it looks like the age indicated in her NamUs listing is incorrect. She also has a daughter, whose initials are JI.

That would explain why she was driving a 1975 crew-cab. It was probably her husband's vehicle.

ETA2: If her DOB is correct in the family tree, then this would have meant that she was 25 at the time of her disappearance, and four days short of her 27th birthday at the time that LPJD was discovered. This is spot-on to LPJD's estimated age range.

ETA3: Her daughter is a 1996 graduate of Windsor Locks High School in Windsor Locks, CT, and her recently taken photo is posted in Classmates.com.

....why does it appear that no one is still looking for her?

Why I ask this is because I like to quickly Google names to get a feel of things and when I did so for Debra Cressoti, came up with SEVERAL hits including...

Facebook hits...Pipl hits....Google hits and a 58 year old woman in NJ!

With no one searching for her, who is to say she didn't resurface back on the east coast and is the one now living in NJ?

Thanks for the info. Carl....Sounds like you have learned some searching skills over the years!

Still I would be happy to see some link to her past (newspaper, family, etc...). How can no one care anymore? Was she a black sheep?

ETA: Debra and BHI were divorced in 1980. then Debra A. I---, married a man with the initials MRM on 26 Aug 1983. I see no CT divorce records for MRM and that database goes up to 1997. I wonder why she is listed as Debra A Cressotti when it looks like she was known as Debra A. M------e.

more bizarre yet, Debra M------e is showing up in both Veromi and Spokeo as living in CT and if you google that name there is a current work email address available on the internet.

I have to question whether Debra A. Cressotti is even a missing person at all assuming that the MP Debra is the same as the one Carl originally found on ancestry.com.

Interesting. There's a telephone number in WhitePages.com I'll have to make a telephone call tomorrow.

There's a Deb Cressotti M------e on Facebook. The picture is very small, but she does have dark hair. And it seems that her "friends" that share the M last name all live / are from the Massachusetts area.

There's a Deb Cressotti M------e on Facebook. The picture is very small, but she does have dark hair. And it seems that her "friends" that share the M last name all live / are from the Massachusetts area.

That's the same Debra who is listed in Ancestry. And if you zoom in on her FB photo, she does have a somewhat similar facial shape. I was thinking that perhaps her family from her first marriage listed her missing, but her daughter JI is listed as a facebook friend, so that family obviously knows where she is. This is a bit strange, because if her parents and/or siblings listed her missing, they shouldn't have had any problem locating her family from her first marriage which ended prior to DAC's 1985 disappearance.

ETA: I should add that a woman with the hyphenated name Cressotti-H------t (probably as sister, though possibly a cousin) is among her FB friends also, so that would cast doubt on the theory that her parents/siblings are the ones who consider her missing.

I left her a voicemail message. Hopefully we can know for sure whether she is the Debra who is listed as missing. Their ages are different, so perhaps this is just a huge coincidence that two persons with the exact same name have a connection to Connecticut. I doubt it. This is likely the same person, but we can only know for sure by getting in contact with Debra A M------e.

we might be talking about two different Debra A. Cressottis here. very hard to tell. not the most common Italian last name but anything is possible.

this is what I think happened here and feel free to express your opinions people. given the unusual name, we are probably talking about the same person.

Debra was visiting someone in MA. (I won't elaborate on who that someone might be). she leaves his dwelling in a huff using his car. he reports Debra and the vehicle missing to his local police providing only the most basic info he knows on Debra, i.e. the last name she gave him (which was not her married name), the age he thought she was or she said she was, etc.

they find the car in CT and the person who made the report is done with it and he had no further interest in Debra's whereabouts. She and her family in CT had no idea there ever was a MP report made as Cressotti had not been her last name for about 2 years before the MP report was filed.

the downsides of this is how did the MA police get her pics? how would the person making te report know about the fractured hip from a horseback riding accident?

this is what I think happened here and feel free to express your opinions people. given the unusual name, we are probably talking about the same person.

Debra was visiting someone in MA. (I won't elaborate on who that someone might be). she leaves his dwelling in a huff using his car. he reports Debra and the vehicle missing to his local police providing only the most basic info he knows on Debra, i.e. the last name she gave him (which was not her married name), the age he thought she was or she said she was, etc.

they find the car in CT and the person who made the report is done with it and he had no further interest in Debra's whereabouts. She and her family in CT had no idea there ever was a MP report made as Cressotti had not been her last name for about 2 years before the MP report was filed.

the downsides of this is how did the MA police get her pics? how would the person making te report know about the fractured hip from a horseback riding accident?

The pics are what hangs me up here. These aren't yearbook photos that someone can find in the public domain, or a driver's license photo that LE can pull up from their DMV system. They are personal photos, one of which shows another woman in the background (perhaps a sister).

BTW, there is a Debra (not the more common spelling Deborah) M Cressotti from New Jersey who clearly is a different person. It's not too much further of a stretch to have another Debra Crossotti with a coincidental middle initial.

I think she probably WAS missing for a while. Eventually she came back, and no one ever bothered reporting that she was no longer missing.

I think she probably WAS missing for a while. Eventually she came back, and no one ever bothered reporting that she was no longer missing.

the reason I phrased it the way I did was that we are dealing with 2 jurisdictions, CT where it looks like she lived and where the car was found at the airport, and MA where the report came in from. it looks like this Debra's family was all in CT and she had a different last name. so between the 2 states and 2 different last names I don't think anyone connected the dots.

It's only 30 miles from the town she lived in to that airport, and as far as I know it's the closest big airport. It just happens to cross a state line.

I just spoke by telephone with Debra A Cressotti-M------i.

She is not the same Debra A. Cressotti who is listed in NamUs and DoeNet. She has never broken her pelvis, and she only rode a horse once in her life. She has lived in Windsor Locks since she was 10 years old. It's pure coincidence that she lives in the same town (i.e., Windsor Locks CT) where MP Debra Cressotti's truck was found. Windsor Locks is where Bradley Airport is located.

She was very polite and friendly and she said that a woman from Maine contacted her family recently asking about her, but so far, I am the only one who has reached her directly.

Well there goes that theory.

In that case, this UID almost has to be her!

I just spoke by telephone with Debra A Cressotti-M------i.

She is not the same Debra A. Cressotti who is listed in NamUs and DoeNet. She has never broken her pelvis, and she only rode a horse once in her life. She has lived in Windsor Locks since she was 10 years old. It's pure coincidence that she lives in the same town (i.e., Windsor Locks MA) where MP Debra Cressotti's truck was found. Windsor Locks is where Bradley Airport is located.

She was very polite and friendly and she said that a woman from Maine contacted her family recently asking about her, but so far, I am the only one who has reached her directly.

almost sounds like a Twilight Zone episode.

OK - back to the drawing board. I checked the high school yearbooks for schools in the vicinity of Blandford MA. I found the 1974 yearbook for Westfield HS in Westfield MA. There is no Debra Cressotti, but there is a senior photo for a female L.I. Cressotti who is the same age. Also, in the 1972 book, there is a senior photo for a male K.F. Cressotti. Perhaps Cressotti is her surname by marriage.

I also looked through the Class of 1974 for a Debra, Deborah, or Debbie. Couldn't find anyone who looked like a younger version of Debra Cressotti.

The 1973 book is not available in Classmates.

There has to be a basis to the original MP report from years ago. Can we get access to this? Specifically the person who reported her missing?

SOMEONE had to have filed it because of a connection to Debra. Where is any shred of that connection? Is there no family? No grieving boyfriend? No mystified coworkers? No daughter keeping a webpage in hope?

So I have to ask....throw the question out as bait, almost. Why are we trying to find someone that may not be missed? and better yet....may not be missing!

There are a lot of Deb, D, Debra Cressottis on FB.

There has to be a basis to the original MP report from years ago. Can we get access to this? Specifically the person who reported her missing?

SOMEONE had to have filed it because of a connection to Debra. Where is any shred of that connection? Is there no family? No grieving boyfriend? No mystified coworkers? No daughter keeping a webpage in hope?

There are hundreds of thousands of missing persons, most of whom have someone out there wondering where they are. But most of them don't have webpages. But that doesn't mean they don't care. Often it's an elderly parent who does not have the computer or media savvy that is common among the younger generations.

Many times the loved one thinks the person left voluntarily and doesn't want to be in contact with family, when in fact, they've died. Many times after a person has been identified, the parent/sibling/son or daughter will come forward and say that they always expected that someday they would come back home, but we never heard from them prior to that.

I often wonder why these people don't reach out. But often they don't, and I don't think that it is because they are insincere or don't care.

So I have to ask....throw the question out as bait, almost. Why are we trying to find someone that may not be missed? and better yet....may not be missing!

If for no other reason, there is a murderer out there who needs to be brought to justice. If we can identify the victim, often that leads authorities to the perp.

There are a lot of Deb, D, Debra Cressottis on FB.

I just spoke with Deb today, so I know that isn't her. I see one Deborah in FB. But I don't see any "Debra" Cressottis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back