Daffy's Pet Soup Kitchen helps feed dogs & cats of people with financial struggles

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Lawrenceville soup kitchen helps pets (cbsatlanta.com)
LAWRENCEVILLE, GA (CBS ATLANTA) - Many Georgians struggle to pay their bills, but a metro-Atlanta man is working to help those people by helping their pets.

Tom Wargo runs Daffy's Pet Soup Kitchen, a nonprofit based in Lawrenceville. Daffy's supplies free pet food, helping dogs and cats stay with their owners during hard times.

"The rescues and pounds are full of the sad animals in the crates that you see and are heartbreaking, but why not keep those animals in their homes," asked Wargo.
---
Wargo started the soup kitchen more than a decade ago, by accident. As a contractor, he said he'd often come across struggling homeowners too poor to even feed their pets, so he started bringing pet food with him.

"I remember this lady called me and said, 'I have a problem. Will you come look at my roof?' I spent hours up on this lady's roof and couldn't find anything wrong, and then when I was leaving, she said, ‘Do you by any chance have any dog food in your car?,'" said Wargo, laughing.

"People got to know us more as the dog food guy than the remodeling guy."
---
much more at the link above, with a video

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member