Court

ps149

Reaction score
Adjourned again.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 192
In this context, what exactly does ADJOURNED mean: the motion set for 3/26 has been dealt with/dismissed or the hearing date has been rescheduled or postponed?

In this context, what exactly does ADJOURNED mean: the motion set for 3/26 has been dealt with/dismissed or the hearing date has been rescheduled or postponed?

'Adjourned' means that the court date is postponed until another date.

by now, hopefully, most people following this case know about a character named flukeyou and his vendetta agains chp.

There ought to be limits to the number of continuances issued in any case... criminal or civil. Our justice system needs to be held accountable for all the delays and lack of time management. What is this three continuances in just a couple months?

Shannan disappeared almost three years ago! She was identified 16 months ago. This is just despicable.

There ought to be limits to the number of continuances issued in any case... criminal or civil. Our justice system needs to be held accountable for all the delays and lack of time management. What is this three continuances in just a couple months?

Shannan disappeared almost three years ago! She was identified 16 months ago. This is just despicable.

The court actually does an excellent job at time management considering the vast number of cases it is asked to entertain.

Blame the attorneys who use the court system as a tool for their own benefit.

I thought court was tommorrow. Tuesday April 2nd? At least thats what E courts said when they sent me a reminder today of court tommorrow.

someone's helping...?

The judge has no time in his schedule to hear this motion until all of the motions that were filed before this one are heard.

Standing in line with others waiting one's turn is not part of a conspiracy.

The judge has no time in his schedule to hear this motion until all of the motions that were filed before this one are heard.

Standing in line with others waiting one's turn is not part of a conspiracy.

Agreed. No conspiracy. Just the usual day to day grind.

Distinctions

An affidavit is voluntarily made without any cross-examination of the affiant and, therefore, is not the same as a deposition, a record of an examination of a witness or a party made either voluntarily or pursuant to a subpoena, as if the party were testifying in court under cross-examination. A pleading—a request to a court to exercise its judicial power in favor of a party that contains allegations or conclusions of facts that are not necessarily verified—differs from an affidavit, which states facts under oath

Basis

An affidavit is based upon either the personal knowledge of the affiant or his or her information and belief. Personal knowledge is the recognition of particular facts by either direct observation or experience. Information and belief is what the affiant feels he or she can state as true, although not based on firsthand knowledge.

More here...

. http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=affidavit

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=affidavit

*Judicial Proceedings**

Affidavits serve as evidence in civil actions and criminal prosecutions in certain instances. They are considered a very weak type of evidence because they are not taken in court, and the affiant is not subject to cross-examination. Their use is usually restricted to times when no better evidence can be offered. If a witness who has made an affidavit is not available to testify at a trial, his or her affidavit may be admitted as evidence. If the witness is present, his or her affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony, or to help the witness with past recollection of facts.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=affidavit

*Judicial Proceedings**

Affidavits serve as evidence in civil actions and criminal prosecutions in certain instances. They are considered a very weak type of evidence because they are not taken in court, and the affiant is not subject to cross-examination. Their use is usually restricted to times when no better evidence can be offered. If a witness who has made an affidavit is not available to testify at a trial, his or her affidavit may be admitted as evidence. If the witness is present, his or her affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony, or to help the witness with past recollection of facts.

all the players seem to be present
in oak beach
so since the witness is present
and it says the affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony

a) who is the witness
and b) what does bh, gc, bb, ec, tc - have to do with verifying if hackett saw shannan or not? i don't understand.

@TKAM

Good questions. I have no idea the answers to! ; ))

Maybe someone with a mind for legal matters can help us out?

@TKAM
This is in regards to the civil case brought against CPH, not a criminal case.

If the witness is present, his or her affidavit is inadmissible except when used to impeach the witness's testimony, or to help the witness with past recollection of facts.

Here is my belief:

Believe09 writes in an affidavit that at the time of the crime, the sky was green. This matter comes to trial and believe09 is called to the stand. The opposing counsel takes my affidavit, asks me to state again (in a sworn statement to the court) the color of the sky. This time I say blue.

The opposing counsel uses this to impeach me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back