OH OH - Sharon Yoczik, 67, Gallipolis, 22 March 2013

She is still missing :(

Browning said bloodhounds tracked Yoczik's scent on the property and down to the mailbox at the foot of the driveway. But they haven't been able to track her scent past the property.

Family members said Yoczik never went to the mailbox and wouldn't have been able to walk that far due to health problems, including arthritis. She also has had a history of blackout spells the last several months.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Deputies-Searching-for-Missing-Gallia-County-Woman-199612421.html

We are expecting a snowstorm in the area tomorrow. Praying for Mrs. Yoczik!

I hope they find this lady safe and war somewhere. A couple of things that stuck out to me were that Sharon's purse was found out of place and she wouldn't walk down to the mailbox. Is it possible since she had a history of blackouts she became disoriented and placed it in an odd location? (I didn't see specifically what neurological issues she may have) Also, even if she had arthritis could she have become disoriented and walked to the end of the property?! Possibly in her right mind she wouldn't have but if you add a neuro deficit anything is possible.

I only say this bc I am a nurse and work with neurological issues and I see things that people can do/normally wouldn't do/couldn't humanly possible do and are able to do it with a little adrenaline or just because...the human mind is such a powerful thing and we have really only begun to understand its capabilities...moo

Praying she is found soon. Sounds like this could potentially be another hearbreaker.

also, from the article:

Her family said she was sleeping when her husband left the house at that time. When he returned home at noon, he said she was gone.

---

has her husband made a statement?
do we now where he went?

http://goo.gl/maps/3jevl

I don't know where exactly on Neighborhood road she lives, but the southeast end is close to the River.

Pray she is found soon. Gonna be cold tonight and bad weather Sunday afternoon/Monday.

Prayers that she will be found safe, sound, and soon! How frightening it must be for all concerned.

Without knowing if she can not physically walk to the mailbox, or whether she is physically able to, but chooses not to for whatever reason in her regular life, then it's hard to know if she left under her own power, or not...

I hope they figure out what happened... :(

Through a public records search, I found out that her husband was born in Florida, he was LE there for many years, initials are SAY. Looks like they have one daughter TY-when she got married changed it her initials to TT. She has a facebook page with some posts visible. No public posts of her mother being missing. Also appears as if they have one son, initials SLY- same first name as father.

Sharon herself does not appear to have any facebook, myspace, or twitter account.

Sharon had no cell phone and her family stated that she would not/could not walk to the mailbox. So, where the heck is she? And why did bloodhounds track her scent there?

News reports today said that crews were searching the Ohio river-- that is no easy feat since it is wide and deep with fast moving waters. Why search the river if the scent went to the mailbox?

Pair of glasses found near riverbank..which may or may not belong to Sharon.
Plus, LE is now calling this a criminal investigation.

On the fourth day of the search efforts for a missing 67-year-old woman, investigators have discovered a pair of eyeglasses near the river bank along Route 7 in Gallipolis.

They're not sure if the glasses belong to Sharon Yoczik, who family members say has been missing since Friday morning. But it's the first sign of anything they've found in four days of searching and a criminal investigation.

Her family said she has some health problems, including blackout spells for the last several months and arthritis that makes her unable to walk far. Investigators are taking her medical history into account and are also looking into whether she's had any problems with anyone in the past. They said there are no signs of foul play at this point.

My personal opinion is this: since family member's previously stated that Sharon either could not or would not walk to the mailbox and since the mailbox is the location where the bloodhounds tracked her scent... she was removed from the house without her own free will. Take that as you want at this point.

If scent trail ends at mailbox, whose car did Sharon get in / or whose car she put in?

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Deputies-Searching-for-Missing-Gallia-County-Woman-199612421.html

Northup says Yoczik and her husband moved to Gallipolis from Florida a few years ago to be close to family.

"She’s very family oriented,” Cheryl’s husband Jack Northup said. “She thought the world of her grandkids, her daughter -- spoke of them very highly."

Jack and other neighbors have been helping investigators comb the area since Yoczik went missing

Some things aren't adding up.

If due to health conditions that do not permit her to walk far, it seems strange that her scent would be tracked to her mailbox.

Wonder what time her mail is delivered?

If nothing was missing from the house, why take Sharon only?

Praying for her safe return.

Something else that doesn't add up: if her family (husband) reported that she could not walk to the mailbox, then how do neighbors report that she helped them with their garden chores. Gardening is serious work.

"She'd bring over vegetables, come help in the garden,” neighbor Cheryl Northup said. “She’s a great person."

I try not to jump onto the wagon and blame the family when a loved one goes missing, but someone is not telling the truth. Either Sharon is able-bodied and can work in a garden or she suffers from physical ailments that prevent her from walking to the mailbox. Which is it?

Sorry for the back to back posts, but I just found an article that has more/better information that others I've read that just seem to say the same thing over and over again.

Finally, we have a reason why they were searching the river.
Browning said that Yoczik was last seen at her residence on Neighborhood Road in Gallipolis. Browning also said her residence is located in sight of the Ohio River. Over the weekend, the Coast Guard was called in to scan the river near her home as well as the fire department.

Different search methods:
“We have done a pretty extensive search of the area around the home,” explained Browning. “For the search efforts, we’ve used a helicopter, four-wheelers, three K-9 dogs, deputies and volunteers on foot. We just have not been able to find anything.”

My earlier post about searching through public records to find our her immediate family members confuses me now. I found three different sources that said she was married to a S. Yoczik (or had been married to at one time).

This source gives an idea of where she worked, why she quit working, how she could have maybe gardened at one time but no longer can't, and named an ex husband.

According to family members, Yoczik was a homemaker and for many years worked at a children’s clothing store in Gallipolis. Most recently, she stayed at home due to her arthritis. She was formerly married to Forrest Ramey of Gallipolis.

http://www.jacksoncountydaily.com/news/article_84d1ac78-a88b-529a-9b0a-3265a83f69e7.html

Okay color me confused.... Her and her husband just moved to Gallipolis a few years ago to be close to family. But she was married to another man, Forrest Ramey of Gallipolis...hmmm

I also picked up on her not being able to walk to the mailbox, yet could garden and share vegetables.... double hmmm.

I wonder if her arthritis just recently degenerated her to a breaking point???

How long has she been married to her present husband?

and one other thing. I have a broken back, I struggle and push to do everyday chores and such. Lifting is very hard for me and lifting then carrying is harder. My boy carry in my groceries from the car, take out the trash...but I still sit at sink to do dishes etc. Now, you may say....Mom would never take out the trash... would have no reason to ever walk back that way to the dumpster. But... on a rare occasion I will take out the trash if it absolutely has to be done, and no one will be available for a while. I just wonder if she was looking forward to something coming in the mail, that could motivate her to walk to the box, however painful and she met ill will at the end of her driveway? Just a thought????

Hoping Sharon comes home today.

From what I can find her ex still lives in the area.

I wish the family would talk more.

I don't want Sharon to end up like Nancy Jenkins (RIP).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back