HELP MSN Add-in?????

sheba

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Along time ago, I installed the MSN Add-in to get more smilies. It appears in my program files and I've been unable to uninstall it, as it's taking alot of space on my comp. I've tried the uninstall, delete, remove all to no avail. :banghead:

Does anyone know how I can get this MSN Add-in off my computor????

If you know the name of it, you can do a search and then delete the files.
There is probably at least one back-up, and you can find it with your search feature.

Please e-mail me at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com if you need help. Never disclose your system details on an open forum, as then you jeapordize being hacked.

Blessings to you, sheba

In search of the missing, Lanie

WasBlind said:
If you know the name of it, you can do a search and then delete the files.
There is probably at least one back-up, and you can find it with your search feature.

Please e-mail me at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com if you need help. Never disclose your system details on an open forum, as then you jeapordize being hacked.

Blessings to you, sheba

In search of the missing, Lanie

WasBlind, thank you so much for your response. I've tried to do a search for it, as I know the name, it appears in my program files as MSN Add-in, BUT it doesn't show up in the search. I've tried every directory (C: and D:) and in "my computer" as well , all to no avail. i'm sooooo computer illiterate.
The only place it's showing up is in my Program Files under My Computer. When I tried to "Remove" it, I get a message saying an error occured and it was not removed. Now for the oh oh, I tried to get help on another forum which was refered to me through WS and they said to run Hijack This and post my log file which I did. :doh:
Are you telling me now I can be hacked? Oh Gosh, now what do I do, everyone on that forum has all my info, everything :doh: :doh: :doh:

sheba said:
WasBlind, thank you so much for your response. I've tried to do a search for it, as I know the name, it appears in my program files as MSN Add-in, BUT it doesn't show up in the search. I've tried every directory (C: and D:) and in "my computer" as well , all to no avail. i'm sooooo computer illiterate.
The only place it's showing up is in my Program Files under My Computer. When I tried to "Remove" it, I get a message saying an error occured and it was not removed. Now for the oh oh, I tried to get help on another forum which was refered to me through WS and they said to run Hijack This and post my log file which I did. :doh:
Are you telling me now I can be hacked? Oh Gosh, now what do I do, everyone on that forum has all my info, everything :doh: :doh: :doh:

:eek:
I don't know much about hijakcing or anything... but....

sheba said:
...Now for the oh oh, I tried to get help on another forum which was refered to me through WS and they said to run Hijack This and post my log file which I did. :doh:

Bless your heart, sheba. Anyone can be hacked, even without posting personal information, if someone knows how to.

E-mail me, and I will go through the things you can check, step by step, to get that bad boy off your pc. I'll also refer you to some good firewalls to protect your pc a bit, now that you have posted that info, ok?

Always be careful about posting anything on open forums.
Blessings, Lanie

Thank you so much for your offer :blowkiss: I think I figured it out :doh:

You are a very special person, always lending an ear and wishing everyone well, always willing to help. Thank you for your offer of help, for taking the time to answer, and for even offering to spend more time trying to help me.

WS is lucky to have you hun, the world is a better place with people like you :blowkiss:

Edited to add: esp. now and you know what I mean! THANK YOU

sheba said:
Thank you so much for your offer :blowkiss: I think I figured it out ...

I'm so happy to hear this news.
Keep my addy, in case you need further help with anything.

If I don't have the answer, I'll find someone who does.

Some of my bestest buds are incredibly pc savvy.

Blessings in abundance to you, sheba.

In Christ's love, Lanie

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member