MI MI - Tayonna Dody, 13, Detroit, 26 March 2013

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Police are searching for missing 13-year-old girl

Search continues for missing 13-year-old

Published On: Mar 30 2013 08:50:53 AM EDT

Detroit -
Detroit Police are searching for missing 13-year-old Tayonna Dody.

Family members say Dody was last seen on March 26th, inside her home on the 11100 block of Rosemary around 11:30 p.m...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...530926/-/format/rss_2.0/-/eqb93o/-/index.html

Ah sweet girl if you ran away, please get home, Detroit sounds like no place to wander at your age :(
Wishing hard for your safety :candle:

Tayonna where are you?
Thinking of you and hoping very very much that you are safe and sound somewhere!

missing-13yo-pic.jpg

Tayonna Dody
Case Type: Endangered
Date of Birth: January 1, 2000
Missing Date: March 26, 2013
Age Now: 13
Missing City: Detroit

Although African Americans make up just 13 percent of the U.S. population, we account for 33 percent of the missing in the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s database. Cases involving African Americans also tend to receive less media coverage than missing Whites, with missing men of color getting even less attention.

NewsOne has partnered with the Black and Missing Foundation[1] and TV One to focus on the crisis of missing African Americans.

To be a part of the solution, NewsOne will profile a missing person weekly and provide tips about how to keep your loved ones safe and what to do if someone goes missing, while TV One‘s newest show, “Find Our Missing[2],” hosted by award-winning actress S. Epatha Merkerson, tells these stories in visual form.
—————————————

Tayonna Dody
Case Type: Endangered
Date of Birth: January 1, 2000
Missing Date: March 26, 2013
Age Now: 13
Missing City: Detroit
Missing State: Michigan
Race: Black
Complexion: Light
Height: 4-11
Weight: 150
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: Shoulder Length
Eye Color: Brown
Wear Glasses or Contacts: No

Location Last Seen: Tayonna was last seen at 11:30 p.m. at her home in the 11100 block of Rosemary, near Gratiot and Conner on the city’s east side.

Circumstances of Disappearance: They believe she disappeared between 3 a.m. and 7 a.m. on March 26. Her mother discovered her missing when she went to wake the teenager up for school. Now family is frantically trying to find the young girl. They say she has never left home like this before.

“I want the city of Detroit to help us please locate my granddaughter,” Shirley Walker told myFoxDetroit.com[3]. “When I say the city that means she can be anywhere – east side, west side, north Detroit, down river. I just need your help to find my granddaughter and bring her home.”
Other relatives sent out a message of love to the teen.

“Tayonna, ain’t nobody mad at you,” said her aunt, Melissa Walker. “We just want you to come home.”

Last Seen Wearing: Unknown.

http://www.michronicleonline.com/in...sing-from-her-home-in-the-middle-of-the-night

Her Grandmother talks like she thinks she left on her own. By this time they have had time to check her phone activity or online interactions and question her friends. I wish we knew if any of those sources provided clues that she left on purpose!

We have no info about personal possessions left behind or taken with her. Did she have money, cell phone, a coat, her purse or a backpack ? Which shoes are missing from her home; or was she barefoot?

It is so frustrating when all we have is a description and picture. I hope they aren't assuming she intended to runaway even if she snuck out by herself. Someone could have hurt her or kidnapped her while she was out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been 2 years. Did Tayonna ever show back up?

I continue to hope that we will find out what happened to Tayonna. My thoughts are with her friends and family. As a member of the Websleuths community, I know that much brighter minds than mine have tried to find her. Any news?!

There is no Namus page for her and comments on a news article from 7 years ago on FB indicate she had ran away and returned home a few days later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back