Child found wandering at Orlando apartment complex

From the report:

"Police said the girl is 18-24 months old and was found in the Nassau Bay apartment complex at 5200 N. Orange Blossom Trail.

The girl was found around 11:30 a.m., according to police.

Police said she will only say "yes" and "no" and will not say her name.

She is wearing a pink shirt with plaid sweater that is orange, pink and white. She has black pants and black boots. Her hair is in short braids and both ears are pierced with a red stone earring in her left ear."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/police-searching-family-young-child-found-wanderin/nXBrg/

Toddler found wandering, Orlando police looking for parents

gu5ehuqy.jpg

"Police said they are looking for the parents of a toddler found wandering by herself in the Nassau Bay Apartments complex on North Orange Blossom Trail."

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/4/3/toddler_found_wander.html

From the report:

"Police said the girl is 18-24 months old and was found in the Nassau Bay apartment complex at 5200 N. Orange Blossom Trail.

The girl was found around 11:30 a.m., according to police.

Police said she will only say "yes" and "no" and will not say her name.

She is wearing a pink shirt with plaid sweater that is orange, pink and white. She has black pants and black boots. Her hair is in short braids and both ears are pierced with a red stone earring in her left ear."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/police-searching-family-young-child-found-wanderin/nXBrg/

From your link:
One resident said she saw the girl wandering all alone earlier in the morning, but she doesn’t know who her parents are.
“She was in front of my friend's door, but we don't know where she come from,” said resident Kela Davis.
Another neighbor said she has seen the toddler by herself at the complex, too.
“She's usually by herself,” said resident Tamika Taylor. “One Saturday morning, me and my mom were going out and she was out there by herself.”

???!!!!

I cannot believe that no one is missing this baby! It's been 5 hours since she was found!

Oh, my, precious little thing. So sorry , little sweetie.

Wonder if she has been abandoned or just not looked after. Wonder if her parents (parent) have (has) been hurt or are ( is) ill.

From what we read here ,
It's a wonder she hasn't been "snatched" by some creep!

I hope SOMEONE will take care of her and give her some safe place to grow up.

I cannot believe that no one is missing this baby! It's been 5 hours since she was found!

Or that no one in the complex knows which apt she lives in.

And wow that nothing has previously happened to her! There are numerous ponds and lakes surrounding this neighborhood.

From your link:
One resident said she saw the girl wandering all alone earlier in the morning, but she doesn’t know who her parents are.
“She was in front of my friend's door, but we don't know where she come from,” said resident Kela Davis.
Another neighbor said she has seen the toddler by herself at the complex, too.
“She's usually by herself,” said resident Tamika Taylor. “One Saturday morning, me and my mom were going out and she was out there by herself.”

???!!!!

You know, I saw that and just put tape over my mouth and took my fingers away from the keyboard for fear of being banned. How can any adult see a child that young, by herself and not make sure she's okay or that an adult is nearby? For shame.

Thank God the maintenance man called 911, we can't depend on the people who live in the complex, that's for sure.

I found a toddler little girl wandering around once in only a diaper, the door next door to me was open (she must have opened it) and not a soul in the apartment--they left her alone. I called 911 and took her into my apartment, neighbors came back and were having a fit knocking on my and other doors, but I wouldn't open the door until the police came. They started being visited frequently by Dept of Family Services after that.

Thank God the maintenance man called 911, we can't depend on the people who live in the complex, that's for sure.

I found a toddler little girl wandering around once in only a diaper, the door next door to me was open (she must have opened it) and not a soul in the apartment--they left her alone. I called 911 and took her into my apartment, neighbors came back and were having a fit knocking on my and other doors, but I wouldn't open the door until the police came. They started being visited frequently by Dept of Family Services after that.

I was wondering if it was a case of her being left alone, given that she's been out alone previously (and the fact that no one has called about this before shocks me as well), or as was posted above that her parents/caregiver are ill or incapacitated. It's crazy that a child this young could be missing this long without someone looking for her. :( All IMO.

Jmo From the photo she looks clean and neat. LE reports she is happy and not scared. I am going to assume she is well loved and she has a new caregiver who her parent(s) doesnt know is being neglectful while (s)he is at work. Jmo

I agree that she looks clean and well-cared for. Her clothes look fashionable - kind of unusual to see a 2 year old in combat boots, but she's fully dressed in clean clothing. Her teeth are clean.

I think this will turn out to be a case where this child was left there for day care, and the day care worker will be found at fault. Just a guess, but I think there's a parent here who takes good care of this child but during the day things are happening the parent didn't know about.

I was wondering if it was a case of her being left alone, given that she's been out alone previously (and the fact that no one has called about this before shocks me as well), or as was posted above that her parents/caregiver are ill or incapacitated. It's crazy that a child this young could be missing this long without someone looking for her. :( All IMO.

When my daughter was 4, I had to start sleeping downstairs on the sofa, because she would sneak out of her room and go out front and say goodbye to people on their way to work, then she'd come back in. One of my neighbors asked me if I knew she said good bye to them every morning. I was horrified. I could hear the door open if I was downstairs.

It could be a mom or dad works nights and they don't know she's not in the house where she's supposed to be.

Toddler found wandering in Orlando; Police search for parents

"The girl was found wearing a pink shirt, black pants and black boots. Her hair is in short braids and both of her ears are pierced. She was found clutching a Barbie doll."

Video also at link.

http://m.clickorlando.com/news/Todd...nts/-/16721250/19578116/-/913205/-/index.html

Interesting that she has some times been seen with "older siblings" in the complex but is usually alone.

The siblings would have been in school today. I wonder if the siblings were seen on a Saturday, as one resident reported seeing her Saturday morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back