Sex Trafficking: High Tech's Humanitarian Revolt Against the Johns

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
Sex Trafficking: High Tech's Humanitarian Revolt Against the Johns ( link )

According to The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, in 2004 the number of child *advertiser censored* files (online) stood at 450,000. By 2011 the number had increased to 17 million. I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty sure that's roughly a 40x increase.

UNICEF reports that every year approximately 2 million children are exploited in the global sex trade.

That number is mind numbing so let's try this again.

Every year, against their will, scared, alone and traumatized, 2 million children -- a number that would fill every single pre-kindergarten classroom in the U.S. with 700,000 kids leftover -- are forced to have sex, all kinds of sex, with despicable, predatory people, mostly men. Some are wealthy traveling businessmen, some are cracked-out drug dealers, but they are atrocious all the same.

[...]

Three-point action plan

[...]

What if...

1) We all decided the collective goal was to reduce online human trafficking by 50 percent by 2015?

2) Once a day for the next month we committed to sending a text message to a friend or contact that read: "Join the movement! Spread the word about the BeFree shortcode (233733) and reduce human trafficking by 50 percent"?

3) You implored, personally (with a face-to-face ask), ten of your closest, most influential friends to post this message to their Facebook Wall and put this message at the bottom of their signature line: "Don't ask why, just trust me: spread the word about the BeFree shortcode (233733) and reduce human trafficking by 50 percent by 2015"?

Thorn's high tech network and Polaris Project's already existing hotline has provided a technology solution. But they need an equal reaction that mirrors their passion -- a massive, human sales force to drive this forward.

I'm in. Are you?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021