MS MS - Jarrod Johnston, 18, Yazoo City, 7 July 2007

neverletgo

Reaction score
626IAol.jpg

I saw this intriguing case on Disappeared on the Investigation Discovery (ID) channel yesterday. A short clip from the episode is located here:

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/disappeared/videos/jarrod-held-hostage.htm

To summarize, Jarrod Duke Johnston left his father and stepmother's home in Franklin, KY, with his grandmother to ride down to Yazoo County, MS, to visit with friends. His grandmother dropped him off at friend’s house on July 4, 2007, and after visiting with them for several days, the friend and his parents took Jarrod back to his grandmother's residence in rural Yazoo County. After a disagreement with his grandmother, Jarrod left on foot on July 7, 2007, and has not been seen or heard from since.

Snipped:

Anyone with information regarding the disappearance of Jarrod Johnston is encouraged to contact the Yazoo County Sheriff’s Office at 662-746-5611.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/31/where-missing-18-year-old-jarrod-johnston

I just watched this episode and was shocked to find there wasn't a thread for him! Thanks for starting one, NeverLetGo :)

Come home Jarrod!

I just watched this episode and was shocked to find there wasn't a thread for him! Thanks for starting one, NeverLetGo :)

Come home Jarrod!

No problem! :) I was shocked to see there wasn't one, too . . . such a strange case!

Those different times they thought they had found Jarrod and it turned out to not be him each time . . . heartbreaking. I thought it was so sad that his father had lost his sister to murder as well. :anguish:

Does anyone have the feeling that Jarrod is still out there somewhere? Or do you feel like he met his demise shortly after he went missing nearly 6 years ago? :confused:

just finished watching this one. Disappeared is a fascinating show, some of these people really do disappear into thin air. I think there's a good chance he could still be alive, but it could be really difficult in finding him, if not impossible. Like they said, could be in a homeless shelter, hospital, jail, etc. If he is out there, he probably does have amnesia and with the bi polar disorder, it must be both profoundly sad and distressing, imagine walking around not knowing who you are. I think too, he may have committed suicide, but I hope not.

just finished watching this one. Disappeared is a fascinating show, some of these people really do disappear into thin air. I think there's a good chance he could still be alive, but it could be really difficult in finding him, if not impossible. Like they said, could be in a homeless shelter, hospital, jail, etc. If he is out there, he probably does have amnesia and with the bi polar disorder, it must be both profoundly sad and distressing, imagine walking around not knowing who you are. I think too, he may have committed suicide, but I hope not.

:goodpost:

this is just such a strange case the fact that no one saw him and the gf didnt even know he was in town that seems strange to me

does anyone know if they have done any searches? i dont remember hearing that on the show.... also getting more coverage of this case would help I live probably and hour to an hour and a half away from where he lived and have never heard of his case or seen a missing poster or anything i know he went missing from another city but still you would think it would still be locally talked about

I just watched his Disappeared episode.

My gut tells me he's still out there, probably living as a homeless person struggling with his mental health and drug addiction. He'd obviously been a very troubled young man the 2 years prior to his disappearance. It's possible he committed suicide as well, or has died in the years after he vanished.

His poor family, especially the Dad. My heart stopped for a second when they showed those pictures of "Samuel". He looked just like Jarrod except the nose.

I just watched his Disappeared episode.

My gut tells me he's still out there, probably living as a homeless person struggling with his mental health and drug addiction. He'd obviously been a very troubled young man the 2 years prior to his disappearance. It's possible he committed suicide as well, or has died in the years after he vanished.

His poor family, especially the Dad. My heart stopped for a second when they showed those pictures of "Samuel". He looked just like Jarrod except the nose.

I agree with you... thats what i was thinking also as far as the still being out there theory. I think if he had killed himself a body would have been discovered at some point... but who knows its so sad that there isnt more info to go on

http://www.411gina.org/jarroddukejohnston.html
He was carrying a black duffle bag with various articles of similar type clothing, and he was also carrying a guitar (a walnut-colored Ibanez model) in a black cloth/vinyl carrying case.

Wondering if somebody ever found his guitar and never reported it to LE...

On all his MP sites there's no mention of his mental health and drug problems that were portayed on Disappeared. He would have turned 25 y/o in August, I do hope that he is still out there even though I think a suicide could be highly likely.

I wonder if any physical searches have been conducted for Jarrod in Yazoo. If he's there deceased, I'd think cadaver dogs would likely be able to find him. I also wonder why he's not on charley project, if his family has asked them to add him to the website, or what else his family and friends may still be doing to find him. They seemed like sweet people on Disappeared, they seemed like they loved and missed him so much. I understand you can go missing if you want to once you're 18, but I doubt he'd purposefully avoid his family for this long were he still alive, not even letting them know he's alright.
The story of Jarrod's disappearance is really riveting to me, and the two instances where they believed he had been found alive are just so strange. Another reason I'm compelled by his case is that I'm the same age as him, and the way they described him on Disappeared, his interests in music, theater, his intelligence...if I had known him, I think we would have been friends. I really hope he is found alive, and I hope his family is staying strong.

Hmm, if he'd committed suicide, I would think he'd be found. That is, if they physically looked for him.... I can't believe years later they found out that all files on him had been lost or destroyed by the time a new investigator inherited his case. I know there are so many major crimes to devote care, emotion, resources and time to, but it's just disgraceful what man power and resources are withheld from serious cases, either due to the failings of bureaucracy, lack of diligence and care on the part of investigative teams, or both.

Hmm, if he'd committed suicide, I would think he'd be found. That is, if they physically looked for him...

True. I'm sure though that many MPs took their own lives and have never been found, even after many years. Maybe LE hasn't looked hard enough or they chose places well hidden etc.

I'm still bothered by the fact that there's no mention of any of his mental health or addiction problems online. According to his Disappeared episode he was a troubled young man, struggling from bipolar disorder and drug addiction. I don't know if his family is downplaying all that or what's the reason for it. They should definitely try to get him on the Charley Project as well.

It's been so long, I hope this case will be solved one day.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back