Deceased/Not Found Canada - Reita Jordan, 34, Halifax, NS, 19 March 2013 *P. Calnen guilty*

Canadianmom2three

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2013/04/05/ns-reita-jordan-missing.html
Police are trying to find a Halifax woman was last seen more than two weeks ago.

Police said 34-year-old Reita Louise Jordan disappeared after seeing friends on March 19.

She’s described as 5’6”, 123 lbs. Jordan’s hair is dark, and at a medium length. Police said she often wears hoop earrings.

ns-jordan-220.jpg

that's puzzling - she updated her profile picture on 28th March. If it were a friend or family doing it I'd expect them to put a good photo of her, maybe a missing flyer. Instead it's a moody b&w shot of someone (her?) walking away down a nighttime street?

I agree... That is an interesting choice of picture for her Facebook page...

JMO

Per her FB... It looks like she has a son...

He must be worried about his mom!

JMO

It seems weird. I'm wondering if she left on her own accord, at least at first? Mostly because of the changed profile picture. JMO. MOO There does not seem to be much info.

It seems weird. I'm wondering if she left on her own accord, at least at first? Mostly because of the changed profile picture. JMO. MOO There does not seem to be much info.

You may be correct... That she made a decision to leave on her own...

Not being judgmental... But her interests on her FB page seems to be more on the immature side... And not those of a 34 year old mom...

There wasnt much to show for being "tethered" to a home life of being mom and wife, etc....

JMO

If her FB is still accurate... It looks like she works(ed) for a company that makes outdoor sports equipment/accessories/ etc....

I wonder if she enjoys outdoor activities... That she may be adventurous..

Just some thoughts...

that's puzzling - she updated her profile picture on 28th March. If it were a friend or family doing it I'd expect them to put a good photo of her, maybe a missing flyer. Instead it's a moody b&w shot of someone (her?) walking away down a nighttime street?

Maybe this photo is a message in itself... 'I'm walking away...'

There is something odd here... if she disappeared March 19, why were there no reports about her missing until April? I checked some of her friends' FB pages, seems like no mention of her missing until the last few days. Did no one notice she was gone for almost 2 weeks?

According to some comments under that profile pic, Reita changed the picture herself about a week before she went missing. Her sister logged onto Reita's account and put a new picture up- something that shows what she looks like- but was told by another friend to change it back, and to leave everything on Reita's page perfectly in tact from the time she went missing, just in case.

I agree- the choice of profile picture is bizarre, especially given she went missing a week after changing it. To me, it screams loneliness. Maybe she walked away to find whatever it is that's missing from her life. I hope it's as simple as that, though I'm always skeptical.

I'm curious as to whether she had a boyfriend when she went missing, or was married? If she was in a relationship, what was it like? Wondering what her overall mindset was leading up to the day she vanished, and why her friends didn't seem concerned for so long after they last heard anything from her. That tells me that if she was struggling with something major prior to her disappearance, it wasn't on her friends' or family's radar. Otherwise, they'd have sounded the alarm a lot sooner. At least I hope they would have.

According to some comments under that profile pic, Reita changed the picture herself about a week before she went missing. Her sister logged onto Reita's account and put a new picture up- something that shows what she looks like- but was told by another friend to change it back, and to leave everything on Reita's page perfectly in tact from the time she went missing, just in case.

Ah.. those comments weren't there when I looked. It is quite unsettling under the circumstances.

No information as to where she was last seen, where she lived.. not very helpful to anyone who wants to look for her.

There seems to be a lack of urgency about Reita's disappearance, which leads me to speculate that perhaps this is not entirely unusual for her... or that 'insiders' have some bit of knowledge that suggests to them that she's chosen to disappear. I spent some time looking at her connections on FB, just to try to get more info about her - and although a few have posted her info on their timeline, it seems like that info is in amongst posting jokes/recipes/etc - as though life is going on as normal, more or less. Maybe she's done this before, and everyone is just waiting for her to pop up somewhere, as though she'd never been gone.

All MOO.

Halifax police turn missing persons case over to major crime unit

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/63...issing-persons-case-over-to-major-crime-unit/

From that article -

“We don’t want to speculate. Everybody wants to locate Ms. Jordan, but without a lot of questions being answered, major crime is going to take the file on

The statement, BBM above, is open to interpretation... does that mean that people aren't answering LE's questions and cooperating with the investigation? Or just that there isn't much information available about her disappearance? Seems an awkward way to say it. IMO

From that article -

The statement, BBM above, is open to interpretation... does that mean that people aren't answering LE's questions and cooperating with the investigation? Or just that there isn't much information available about her disappearance? Seems an awkward way to say it. IMO

Very interesting...

My interpretation is that there are uncommunicative persons who could otherwise be instrumental in finding this gal...

The motive for being incommunicado is unknown to us... But the fact that the case is being turned over to the crime unit could be very telling..

and the reporting of this transition of responsible LE units may just be a message to those "quiet" people...

All Just My Own Opinion...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back