GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #6

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
In memory of Jill Meagher

April 05, 2013

Coupled with this official unease was the rush of kindness. It was little consolation - the "goofy" girl who sang and wrote poetry wasn't coming back. Yet it showed that strangers could still care about strangers.

Jill had more friends than she could have known - 30,000 people marched in the street for her, many times more joined a Facebook tribute page.

The march was about peace. It called for an end to violence. Flowers multiplied in the doorway of a Sydney Rd bridal boutique. Jill's husband, Tom, said such gestures of support brought some comfort.

As did a single word heard in the Supreme Court yesterday: "Guilty."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...across-melbourne/story-e6freon6-1226613620235

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5

707445-jill-meagher.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion...-the-way-we-live/story-e6frfhqf-1226484081775

:bump: Last entry on previous Thread FYI
April 6th 2013, 01:12 PM

SouthAussie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuskier
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/ba...405-2hb9p.html
Bayley pleads guilty to Meagher murder, April 5, 2013, by Mark Russell.
Justice Nettle suppressed all details of Friday's case in Victoria, including the contents of his interview with police after his arrest on September 27.
The media could only report that Bayley had pleaded guilty to one count of murder and one count of rape.
I'm wondering if they may semi-permanently continue to suppress details .. doesn't Bayley have more criminal trials coming up for other rapes?

Thinking that they may keep the suppression order in place until he is done and dusted with all of his current trials.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SouthAussie For This Useful Post:
Fuskier, Jewel, Jmbr, Sleuthilicious

THE family of Jill Meagher have spoken of their "relief" after Adrian Ernest Bayley pleaded guilty to her murder.

Jill's heartbroken uncle, Michael McKeon, released a statement on behalf of the family in Ireland, stating they were pleased the case would not be dragged out into a lengthy trial.

"We are relieved that there will be no trial," the statement read.

"The pain, bereavement and grief are still there.

"They are now awaiting the final outcome of the judicial process, and the next court appearance is in June."

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/victoria/jill-meaghers-family-tell-of-relief-after-adrian-ernest-bayley-pleads-guilty-to-her-murder/story-fndo4cq1-1226614453229

Jill’s uncle Michael McKeon said the family were relieved — but added that it had done nothing to diminish their pain at “losing our Gillian”.

He also spoke of the many unanswered questions the family still have, including why serial sex attacker Bayley was allowed out of jail to kill.

“We do welcome the fact that we will not have to go through the ordeal of a trial,” Michael, from Co Louth, told The Star.

“But we still face each and every day the awful pain of the loss of our Gillian.

“We now have to await the final outcome of the sentencing, but there are a huge amount of questions that have yet to be answered.”

http://www.thestar.ie/star/family-still-needs-answers-as-jill-meagher-killer-changes-plea/

It is a relief to hear something from the Meagher family regarding Bayley's 'guilty' to murder & rape plea on Friday. Amid their unspeakably tragic & senseless loss, we trust they gain some comfort from not being dragged through, in this specific case, an unnecessary Court case. The DPP and the OPP have worked thoroughly to deliver this outcome IMO. However, many hope that in time the immediate family, bolstered by the extended family, will formally demand answers of the Victorian Parole Board as to why this predator was on parole. Hopefully, this could be done publically, so that the local and international community observe this process. IMO the Victorian Parole Board has much to account for. Victoria needs a 'dangerous prisoners act' for those 'never to be released' much like Queensland have.

And here's another one:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/tussle-over-violent-rapist-begins-a-decade-before-release-20130407-2hep8.html?google_editors_picks=true

If the judge thinks this person's sexual urges will have diminished by the time he is - wait for it - 45... then she has no understanding of human physiology! The only way that will happen is with a proper surgical castration. And even that can be overridden by taking testosterone supplements!

This guy re-offended within 2 months of being out on - you guessed it - parole!

At least Queensland has the option of the Dangerous Prisoner Act, but even in this case, the judges and legal system can tie it up in knots out of concern for the "rights" of the offenders!

And here's another one:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/tussle-over-violent-rapist-begins-a-decade-before-release-20130407-2hep8.html?google_editors_picks=true

If the judge thinks this person's sexual urges will have diminished by the time he is - wait for it - 45... then she has no understanding of human physiology! The only way that will happen is with a proper surgical castration. And even that can be overridden by taking testosterone supplements!

This guy re-offended within 2 months of being out on - you guessed it - parole!

At least Queensland has the option of the Dangerous Prisoner Act, but even in this case, the judges and legal system can tie it up in knots out of concern for the "rights" of the offenders!

Oh that's right - violent rape is all about sexual desire.:furious: Unbelievable.

And I just had to go back and check that it was a female judge who said that. We seem to expect this type of thinking from older male judges!

And I just had to go back and check that it was a female judge who said that. We seem to expect this type of thinking from older male judges!

Yes indeed - and it was a female judge, too, who ordered Robert Fardon be released here in Queensland recently. A judge who I actually know, and had considered one of the "good guys" - very down to earth and "real world".

For those who may not know, Fardon was the REASON that the Queensland Dangerous Prisoners Act came into being, whereby a prisoner can be ordered to stay in jail indefinitely. Yet the lady judge ordered he be set free - the Attorney General appealed that, and Fardon is still in jail while it is all being reviewed.

I wonder why these judges think that just because they "order" something - like taking the little blue pills, strict supervision, etc etc - that the villains will take any notice of that at all? It's like telling a dangerous hoon driver that he can't drive because you've suspended his licence - when he drives without a licence all the time anyway! Same principle.

One really has to wonder what planet or astral plane some of these judges, prisoners' rights advocates, and parole boards actually inhabit....

Looks like Derryn Hinch is in trouble over not following the suppression order.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ill-meagher-case/story-e6frg6nf-1226615527913
Derryn Hinch faces contempt charges over the Jill Meagher case
by Pia Akerman, The Australian, April 09, 2013. 9:48AM.
Victorian Supreme Court judge Geoffrey Nettle today said the former broadcaster appeared to have breached suppression orders by republishing a link on his Human Headline website to material regarding Adrian Ernest Bayley. A Judge has issued contempt proceedings against Derryn Hinch for breaching suppression orders in the Jill Meagher murder case. Prosecutors and lawyers representing Bayley agreed the suppression orders appeared to have been broken.

Thank God for Derryn Hinch. May there be a special place for Derryn in heaven right next to God. God bless you Derryn, for you are the only one fighting the unjust system.

I hope Victorian Supreme Court judge Geoffrey Nettle goes to hell.

I will never be content until the full details of the Jill Meagher case are publicly released. Justice deserves nothing less.

Thank God for crusaders like Derryn Hinch. God damn immoral men like Geoffrey Nettle.

What a system. Contempt charges for Derryn Hinch but no charges yet for the person who tipped AB off about the investigation. Not to mention the violent sexual predator whose family warned was a great danger is allowed to wander free and judges are spending time and taxpayer money on pursuing contempt charges. :banghead:

I'm not exactly sure just how Hinch is supposed to have been in contempt? His blog was published on Friday MORNING. The case, at which Judge Nettle (prickly little sod) declared the suppression order, was later that day.

And I still fail to see just WHY a suppression order was made? What information caused the ENTIRE court appearance to be suppressed? Was it some sort of shonky deal between Bayley's legal team and the judge? Who knows? I doubt any new details of the rape and murder came up, but even if it did, then a suppression order on THOSE details could have been made.

Who the heck does Judge Nettle think he is, and WHY? Is he afraid that HE might become biased by the comments about Bayley that are known to everyone already anyway? There's no jury to become corrupted by the information - he pleaded guilty.

I don't get it - WHY the suppression order? And why have we heard nothing about it even interstate, where suppression orders don't apply?

If Judge Nettle wants to be seen to be applying the law fairly, then there should be no generalized suppression order - except perhaps specific ones that cover the sordid details of the rape and murder - we really do NOT need to know that. And Jill's family do not need to have those details splashed across the media.

But the order for suppression of ALL details about the ENTIRE court appearance surely gives rise to suspicion that a shonky deal is in the wind?

I'm not exactly sure just how Hinch is supposed to have been in contempt? His blog was published on Friday MORNING. The case, at which Judge Nettle (prickly little sod) declared the suppression order, was later that day.

And I still fail to see just WHY a suppression order was made? What information caused the ENTIRE court appearance to be suppressed? Was it some sort of shonky deal between Bayley's legal team and the judge? Who knows? I doubt any new details of the rape and murder came up, but even if it did, then a suppression order on THOSE details could have been made.

Who the heck does Judge Nettle think he is, and WHY? Is he afraid that HE might become biased by the comments about Bayley that are known to everyone already anyway? There's no jury to become corrupted by the information - he pleaded guilty.

I don't get it - WHY the suppression order? And why have we heard nothing about it even interstate, where suppression orders don't apply?

If Judge Nettle wants to be seen to be applying the law fairly, then there should be no generalized suppression order - except perhaps specific ones that cover the sordid details of the rape and murder - we really do NOT need to know that. And Jill's family do not need to have those details splashed across the media.

But the order for suppression of ALL details about the ENTIRE court appearance surely gives rise to suspicion that a shonky deal is in the wind?
IMO valid questions you have articulated there DrWatson. Backing those questions all the way.

What a system. Contempt charges for Derryn Hinch but no charges yet for the person who tipped AB off about the investigation. Not to mention the violent sexual predator whose family warned was a great danger is allowed to wander free and judges are spending time and taxpayer money on pursuing contempt charges. :banghead:

Absolutely - agreed Kitoki. Charges expedited for Derryn Hinch, but no charges/accountability for the government official, who 7 months ago, tipped off Adrian Bayley that the Victoria Police wanted to talk with him about missing Jill Meagher. Human rights? What about Jills's human rights to walk home safely? to decline a predator? to live her life and reach her potential? to have a family? :furious:

And a female who tipped off AB about being tailed by the police.

And a female who tipped off AB about being tailed by the police.

Yeah I picked up on that too.. I wonder if he has a way of manipulating women and that's why she told him.

I seriously can't believe there have been no charges for the tip off... It wouldn't have been the police letting the tip out to see what he did if he thought they were onto him would it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back