Seven-year-old cancer patient Jack Hoffman scores TD in Univ. of Nebraska spring game

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Special moment in spring scrimmage (ESPN)
Jack Hoffman is not on scholarship at Nebraska, but he still led the Huskers in rushing at the team's spring scrimmage Saturday in Lincoln.

Clad in full Huskers gear, Hoffman, a 7-year-old brain cancer patient from Atkinson, Neb., ran 69 yards for the scrimmage's final touchdown.

"Jack was pretty hard to beat," Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said.

On fourth-and-1, Hoffman took a handoff from quarterback Taylor Martinez and -- after a brief detour to the left -- followed his blockers around the right end and down the field.

Both sidelines cleared as the entire Nebraska team followed him into the end zone and players twice his height lifted Hoffman onto their shoulders.

The crowd of 60,174 at Memorial Stadium cheered as Jack celebrated -- a moment that left his father, Andy, misty-eyed on the sideline.
---
more at the link, with video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jmisv1Spck"]Jack Hoffman with a 69 yard touchdown in the 2013 Nebraska Spring Game - YouTube[/ame]

Must be dusty in here as my eyes seem watery.

How cute, sweet, and touching. Look at him go. Proud of the Huskers in the state of my birth!

So proud to be born and raised in Nebraska. I cry every time I see this....which has been shown quite often on the news here! Haven't gotten tired of seeing it though! Go Big Red!!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back