TX TX - Genene Jones, Serial Baby Killer, Scheduled For Early Release

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Genene Jones: Baby Killer

Too Young to Die

Petti McClellan took her blond, blue-eyed baby daughter Chelsea into the new pediatric clinic. It was Friday, September 17, 1982. The clinic had just opened the day before in Kerrville, Texas, not far from the trailer home where she and her husband Reid lived. Chelsea was just eight months old, but she had a cold, and her mother wanted to be safe. Chelsea had been born premature, with underdeveloped lungs, so she was prone to infection. Early in her life, she had spent time on a hospital respirator. She had also experienced what Petti described as "spells" of losing her breath. Chelsea was the clinic's very first patient.

more at link ............. http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/angels/genene_jones/1.html

Early release? I cant even read the article.

Thank you for that link The Cheese!

That is what I was watching when I found out about this case. I couldn't remember later where I'd seen it.

Believe09 You have to watch the video at that link. It explains what happened and that we, the people, have 5 years to right this wrong.

2018 is when this woman is due to be released. The mom of one of the babies killed by this woman is working as hard as she can to try to prevent this murderer from being released into an unsuspecting public. She took her plea all the way to the Supreme Court (I'm assuming of Texas) and they said unfortunately there were no provisions for cases such as this, so she has to be released under the laws of THAT time. :(

I don't recall right now, but there was another case that came out of Texas that fell under this. Coral? or something like that, was also a serial killer due to be released, but the people worked like heck until they could find NEW EVIDENCE of a crime he was suspected of, and when he was due to be let out, he was taken to another state to be tried for a NEW CRIME. They knew he was a serial killer, but until then, couldn't prove it.

New evidence has to come out. Someone has to talk. Someone in her past. A former co-worker, friend, whoever that knows something that wasn't uncovered previously.

This woman should NOT walk this earth with the civilized people. She just can't!

JMHO
fran

They did not charge her with all of the cases back then.
Are there other DEATHS they could charge her with?

The mom of one of the children she's known to have murdered is working vigilantly to find someone from YEARS ago to talk and bring light on any closed cases. They discussed that in one of the news articles.

Hope someone sees the publicity this has generated and speaks up!

JMHO
fran

Unbelievable. I can't believe anyone would even consider releasing her from prison. The babies she killed must have SUFFERED as they died. I can't imagine the pain the parents have experienced. This woman deserves to rot in prison until she dies.

I believe she was only charged with one murder, suspected of many more.
But from what I am reading, hospital or hospitals destroyed records (fear of litigation). I think it would be impossible to charge her given lack of records/evidence.

Oh I remember this case well and even read the book on it a few times. This woman is pure evil. She enjoyed the thrill of having to "rescue" a child that she just tried to kill. What a complete sicko. She also enjoyed visiting the grave of little Chelsea and publicly mourning to get attention. Totally bizarre behavior, remorseless and will no doubt kill again. That's just my opinion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobil...erial-baby-killer-early-release_n_828023.html

"The exact number of babies Jones killed is unknown, as one hospital she worked for destroyed her records for fear of a publicity nightmare."

Unbelievable! Isn't that a crime? Destroying evidence?

It has to be a crime. Why weren't there charges against the hosptial workers who destoryed records? Maybe because it was quite a while ago? I imagine they would be charged if this happened now.

The way I read this is that the hospital destroyed HER records (as in, human resources) not patient records.

As a pediatric ICU nurse, I cannot even wrap my head around this.....

ETA: I now see where it is said that patient records were destroyed. This is common with patients who die- after a certain amount of time ,the records are not needed. HOWEVER, surely the prosecutor has copies of those records from the 11-46 suspected other cases.

Please let them be working on charging her with another murder!

I found this article from Daily mail on her. I remember reading the book mentioned above and was appalled at this sicko. She enjoyed the attention of causing a child to suffer a deadly crisis and bringing them back or basking in the dramatics if they died. She is a real truly evil being and deserved the death penalty!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nes-convicted-baby-killer-released-early.html

Andy Kahan, City of Houston Mayor's Office Victim Assistance Director (Victim Advocate at Mayor's Office/Houston Police Dept), posted the following on his Facebook page (see Andy's comment below).

Andy has been a guest on Tricia's True Crime Radio Show several times regarding the Emma Thompson case.

Andy's comment on 8/13/13:

Scheduled to be on Fox National News tomorrow morning at 7:45 Central Time along with Petti McClellen. Petti's daughter Chelsea was murdered by the Nurse Baby Killer Genene Jones who is scheduled for release in 2017 unless we come up with another case to keep this serial killer locked up.

Andy's comment on 8/14/13:

Andy Kahan

16 hours ago via Fox Community (8/14/13)

• Andy Kahan

Story that ran live this morning on our efforts to alert the public one of the nation's most prolific serial killers will be legally released around 2017

safe_image.php

Outrage as baby killer Genene Jones set for early release - Video
    Victim's mother demands action
Source for Andy Kahan's comments:

https://www.facebook.com/andy.kahan.9?fref=ts
Facebook - Andy Kahan

---
Anticipating this, several people, including the mother of Chelsea McClellan, the 15-month-old child murdered by Jones in Kerrville in 1982, are hoping to launch another criminal case against her in order to keep her behind bars.

“I'm not delusional. It's a long shot. It's just a matter of right and wrong. This is not how our justice system is supposed to work,” said Petti McClellan, 59, of Houston, who at the time her daughter died was living in Kerrville.

Backing McClellan's campaign to keep Jones behind bars, reported this week by ABC News, is Andy Kahan, the victim advocate for the city of Houston, who was involved with a very similar case a few years ago.

“We're hoping lightning strikes twice. Back in the mid-2000s, I successfully led a similar campaign on another Texas serial killer named Coral Eugene Watts. He murdered 13 Houston-area women in 1981 and 1982,” he said.
---
More, with several pictures, here: Effort launched to keep killer nurse behind bars. (San Antonio Express-News)

I believe she was only charged with one murder, suspected of many more.
But from what I am reading, hospital or hospitals destroyed records (fear of litigation). I think it would be impossible to charge her given lack of records/evidence.

From what I remember reading years ago, she was suspected when the 'death shift' was termed for the 3-11 shift when most 'codes' occurred, and then it was further narrowed to when she worked. She was 'let go' from the hospital and was hired by a new pediatrician who allegedly had no knowledge of any of this. She destroyed lives and the practice of a young pediatrician. She must not be released. I remember reading that she wrote bizarre nursing notes such as "I just loved that little girl", etc.

Talking about this on HLN right now. Sickening.

DA Susan Reed on mission to keep baby-killing nurse locked up. (San Antonio Express-News)
---
“I personally believe Genene Jones should not get out of prison,” [Bexar County DA] Reed said in an interview, adding that she's looking at whether any Bexar County cases can even be pursued.
---
A 1985 New England Journal of Medicine study found that during the time Jones worked at Medical Center Hospital in San Antonio, 42 babies died, 34 while she was on duty — and the infant death rate increased 178 percent during her tenure there.
---
more at the link; Bexar County = San Antonio

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow