GUILTY Australia - Sharon Siermans, 29, beaten to death, Ballarat, Vic, 6 April 2013

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
April 9, 2013

A man has been charged over the bashing death of a 29-year-old woman in her Ballarat home.

Jason Dinsley, 30, was charged with one count of murder after being arrested on Monday night. The Sebastopol man faced an out of sessions court hearing and was remanded in custody to appear at the Ballarat Magistrates Court on Tuesday.

The boy told police he saw an unknown man inside his Ballarat home on the night his mother died.

Relatives found her body in her bedroom on Saturday morning.

Police say she was assaulted with a blunt object and suffered injuries to her head and body

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...rat-killing-20130408-2hhmo.html#ixzz2PwMUWmae

Then there's this....yep same creep!!!!!

8th March 2007

Scales of Justice?

The victim had a knife held to her throat, was handcuffed, gagged, raped twice, choked until she thought she would die and robbed. Her attacker was a 22-year-old on Ice,with 99 prior convictions. An appeal court judge described the crime as cruel, relentless, violent, humiliating and degrading. And the judge said the rapist's original six and a half year minimum sentence was manifestly inadequate.. So why wasn't it increased?

This is another one of those cases that make you wonder whether the scales of justice are tipped in favour of the criminals.
The victim, a 52-year-old woman with a mild intellectual disability identified only as Ms M, was attacked as she returned from shopping to her room at a residential hotel in Melbourne

http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com...p/theaustralian/comments/scales_of_injustice/

From the above report...

...................... 99 prior convictions!!!

Unbelievable!! HOW is this allowed to happen?!?!?!

Dinsley must, according to his sentence, still be on parole...that is, he hasnt served his full sentence, someone has regarded him as ready for parole... 22 , sentenced to 8 years for the rape, six and a half years before being eligible to apply for parole..

Then there's this....yep same creep!!!!!

8th March 2007

Scales of Justice?

The victim had a knife held to her throat, was handcuffed, gagged, raped twice, choked until she thought she would die and robbed. Her attacker was a 22-year-old on Ice,with 99 prior convictions. An appeal court judge described the crime as cruel, relentless, violent, humiliating and degrading. And the judge said the rapist's original six and a half year minimum sentence was manifestly inadequate.. So why wasn't it increased?

This is another one of those cases that make you wonder whether the scales of justice are tipped in favour of the criminals.
The victim, a 52-year-old woman with a mild intellectual disability identified only as Ms M, was attacked as she returned from shopping to her room at a residential hotel in Melbourne

http://blogs.theaustralian.news.com...p/theaustralian/comments/scales_of_injustice/

hang him !!!!

"Having regard to the various prison sentences that are appropriate to all the counts on the presentment, in the exercise of my discretion I do not believe that in order to obtain the legislation's aim of protection of the community it is necessary to impose sentences which are disproportionate to your offending, nor do I consider it appropriate in your case to order total cumulation of the sentence to be imposed."

This is what the judge said at his appeal trial...... seems like it was necessary, judge.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s.../2007/31.html?stem=0&synonyms=0&query=Dinsley

In seven months, 3 murders of young women, all around the same age, by men on parole from Victoria Prisons, each with severe records of rape and murder behind them!]

that is one hell of a strike rate.. 3 in seven months.. thats a murder every 70 days.... murder and rape. Each of these murderers have been on parole for less than a year, too. None of them had a clean record before their last sentence received.

I value human life, but I am fast becoming a supporter of the death penalty. What on earth is wrong with the courts to keep putting these monsters back on the street. I am so very very sad for her family right now. Things have GOT TO CHANGE!!!

I do remember some kind of inquiry or report during the last year in which Victorian parole officers were critisised for not reporting breaches of serious violent offenders, some of whom went on to commit further actual crimes. There does seem to be a problem in Victoria though of inadequate sentencing for serial violent offenders. Keeping in mind that Victoria has a large population as well so crime in general will occur at a higher rate.

From February 2014:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/21673885/mummy-screamed-like-an-eagle/

A. is aware a bad man killed his mother and that he misses her terribly, but is too young to be angry at a system which allowed a violent parolee back on the streets...

Jason Dinsley had already served seven years of a nine-year sentence when he met Sharon through a dating website, and had over 100 prior convictions. Sharon took Dinsley to her home. Four months later, he broke into her house and bashed the young mother to death...

Jason Dinsely has been sentenced to life in prison; his guilty plea earned him a minimum jail term of 32 years.

This is a tragic event that should never of happened. Our legal system has a lot to answer for, and as far as I'm concerned so many parole board members have blood on their hands. This is similar to another Aussie parole failure where some cretin who had been out of jail a short time broke in and bashed a woman to death with a baseball bat, while her 4 year old son was in the next room. This might have been 2 yrs ago..probably be out on parole in a few years, to do it all again. Some big changes need to be made!
I just checked the date and this is the case I referred to :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back