DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
Alias Nuntii Latini.

The news stories are not bizarre per se but the delivery is unusual:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/09/w...nites-fans-of-latin.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2&

http://yle.fi/radio1/tiede/nuntii_latini/

Suggestions are welcome if anyone knows how Cicero would have called an iPad.

Most comments, he said, focus on pronunciation. There are endless debates about how Cicero would have sounded as he addressed the Senate — and about the choice of words for modern things like “golf course” (“campus pilamallei”) or iPad (they haven’t found one). “I don’t use an iPad myself,” Mr. Pekkanen said with a chuckle, adding: “We quarrel with the Germans.”

I was just saying to myself yesterday, "Ya know - not enough of our thread titles here are in Latin."

Actually it's a Monty Python reference. (I think my nerd index just shot through the roof.)

I was just saying to myself yesterday, "Ya know - not enough of our thread titles here are in Latin."

I often wondered why the Romans always spoke wuth english accents and was told that the plays were written bt Shakespear and performed by English actors and it became "traditional". So it should sound like this-
Brutus: Listen Caesar, eh, nuttin personal. It's business.
Caesar: Forgetaboutit.
Brutus later: Dat Caesar had balls the size of egg plants. Capice? I'm just saying he was a stand up guy. Youse told me to take him out so I took him out. Quit bustin my balls about it already. What's done is done. Youse don't gotta be such a Nancy about it.
Kinda like Shakespear meets Goodfellas. Forgetaboutit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AC5375
Back