Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25

thread #26

thread #27

Thread #28

thread #29

thread #31

Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36
Thread #37
Thread #38
Thread #39
Thread #40
Thread #41
Thread #42
Thread #43
Thread #45
Thread #46
Thread #47
Thread #48

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Please note that there will be no discussion of the radio show or pictures in this thread.

Please continue here. Please remember TOS, the guidelines for this case and please treat differing opinions respectfully.

Thanks,

Salem

Additional Notes:

A little clarification here. I will copy these "rule posts" and put them in the first or second posts of the thread for reference.

Information that came out on the Dr. Phil show may be discussed, but not the edited, rumored portions. What this means is that "history" that was brought up, may be discussed as long as it is linked to Dr. Phil.

We are not going back to visit old "he said/she said" stuff that happened around the time of the divorce. But... if it was brought up on Dr. Phil, where everybody had a chance to refute the charge or defend themselves, then it will be allowed with the Dr. Phil link.

Scanner thread info regarding searches may be linked up with brief comments about the info that the poster thinks is important.

Salem

Hey everybody - I just removed several posts discussing things that are OFF THE TABLE. We are on zero tolerance here - but I'm not going to TO everybody at this point, because it looked like you got yourselves back on track. Thank you for that, it is appreciated.

You may discuss Dr. Phil - BUT NOT THE RUMORED, EDITED PORTIONS.
You may not call MR an alcoholic or mentally disturbed, because we don't have facts supporting that (only rumors and opinions).
You may not accuse MR. You may speculate and/or theorize.
You may not attack our verified posters. If you disagree with them, that's fine. Move past their posts. If you have an honest question or need for clarification, you may ask for it RESPECTFULLY. If the verified poster chooses NOT TO RESPOND that's OKAY. Just like you, if they don't want to respond to a post, they don't have to.
And the discussion of what happened way back when before Dylan moved to Colorado Springs is OFF THE TABLE.

All other rules can be found right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

As always, if you have a question, please pm a mod and don't derail the thread.

Thanks!

Salem

Please continue here and drop the money/property discussion. This stuff happened years before Dylan went missing.

Discussing the switch in who has to pay child support, could be relevant - but the amounts, etc. are unverifiable and we don't need to go there.

Thanks,

Salem

I'm wondering what impact the storms will have on the divers coming in and when they plan on being there. Does anyone know the name of the team and/or their success rate?

I'm wondering what impact the storms will have on the divers coming in and when they plan on being there. Does anyone know the name of the team and/or their success rate?

Aww shucks! I was hoping you could tell us!

Does anyone know how many people are typically involved on dives such as this one that is expected? Isn't someone here a dive expert? I can't remember their name :(

Thank you! I'll try to see if he can answer that question!

You might check with Sarx too! Seems to be extremely knowledgeable on all sorts of Search & Rescue info. (Verified Professional, I think.)

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

I tried to address this post but when I clicked Submit, I found the thread had been closed. :blushing:

According to MSM, the fund for the search of Dylan Redwine is run by a committee, not one parent. And of course a sizeable chunk of it is actually handled through Crimestoppers.
http://www.pinerivertimes.com/news.asp?artid=1109

Thank you for posting that. I had not seen before that they were applying for non-profit status, though I assumed (and hoped) they would be. Though I think her "3 to 4 months to get federal non profit status" is being a bit optimistic. I am a CPA and I work mainly with non-profit clients, both as an auditor and a consultant. I have helped many groups get non-profit status, and it generally takes longer than that, though I have seen them go through that quickly on occasion.

While I have no question about how the money has been handled, It's to see they are handling it this way, which will mean public accountability. It's a very wise move on their part, in my opinion.

All JMO, as always.

There was a lot of bickering in the last thread. Knock it off. Kimster has a brand new ray guy and I'm gonna borrow it if things don't settle down real fast.

Not every word another poster posts has to be disputed. AND that goes for all parties here.

This post lands at random.

Salem

In reading the information from CrimeStoppers, I think it's wonderful that many people do not accept the reward funds. How wonderful is that?!!! :)
This is from their website as well, amazing

Crime Stoppers Worldwide Statistics
Arrests Made 259,415
Cases Cleared 456,216
Rewards Paid $15,453,105
Property Recovered $920,990,128
Drugs Seized $5,097,433,232
Total $ Recovered $6,018,423,360
As of Apr 05, 2013

In reading the information from CrimeStoppers, I think it's wonderful that many people do not accept the reward funds. How wonderful is that?!!! :)

I think it is wonderful, and I know that it is true. My brother serves on our local CrimeStoppers board, and he has told me before that it it not unusual for a tipster to turn down the reward, asking that it be added to another reward in hopes of solving another crime.

Yes, per your link, the Hope for Dylan Foundation has made a sizeable donation to the CrimeStopper fund. It's the Hope for Dylan Fund that is featured on the website for Dylan and that is featured in every fundraising event I have seen. It's the one that charges for wristbands and t-shirts. And a review of the foundation documents show four people--Mike Hall, Elaine Hatfield, Cory Redwine, and Denise Hess. There are several articles where Denise is cited as "head" of that non profit foundation. While it's true, it's records are not public, I stand by my assertion that the fund is indeed garnering significant funds.

Actually, I just took a look at the Secretary of State website. The Hope for Dylan Redwine Fund trustees are Michael Hall, Cory Redwine, Denise Hess and Lia Howard. Not sure how to attach a document but the link is: http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/ViewImage.do?fileId=20121718705&masterFileId=20121718705

After almost 5 months, and 49 threads later... still no Dylan.

It makes me so incredibly sad that this sweet boy hasn't been found yet. I really thought this one would be solved quickly.

Prayers for his friends and family. :candle:

We do not know who is being called in, but this Colorado group has a lot of pictures of dive searches that might help with the imagining of how the dive may go:

http://www.lcdrt.org/MeettheTeam.aspx

This is a nationally known group that is in Northern Colorado. I'm not saying that these are the divers coming, just that they may be representative of a similar team. And I'm uncertain if they have the robotics equipment.

For instance, in the 2011 album, there are some pictures of searching for bones reported found in Horsetooth Reservoir. They bring what looks to be a sizable group. But I don't see any dogs. So I'm now I'm wondering if this new group would be bringing back dogs? What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123