Something is wrong with this site.

shotzie

shotzie
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been on WS for years, but in the last month or so I have to log in every time I read a new thread. It use to sign me in automatically
I tried to e mail the support system it came back no such site. Does anyone else have this problem?
I checked the box..remember me, but it doesn't seem to work. I need HELP... :banghead:

Did you change some settings on your computer for clearing cookies? Maybe put in a spyware program or something?

If your computer is low on space/ram it could clear cookies to make more room - therefore WS doesn't recognize you.

I have had no problem at all - that must be really frustrating for you :banghead:

shotzie said:
I have been on WS for years, but in the last month or so I have to log in every time I read a new thread. It use to sign me in automatically
I tried to e mail the support system it came back no such site. Does anyone else have this problem?
I checked the box..remember me, but it doesn't seem to work. I need HELP... :banghead:
Are you running any sort of program that deletes cookies? Or has your internet security level been raised? (In preferences.)

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try to check them out.
Geez I go to court tv and they remember me..I wish it was the other way around..Thanks again

I keep getting "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message when I post a message. Then, I have to back out of it. I used to get some Websleuths message that would then take me back to the thread. Does anyone know why this is happening??

I changed my e-mail address associated with my account and since then I have been unable to log in. Emails to to webmaster are returned. Is anyone else having this problem?

Frustrated (Siren) said:
I changed my e-mail address associated with my account and since then I have been unable to log in. Emails to to webmaster are returned. Is anyone else having this problem?

Try e-mailing the owner, Tricia Griffith at tgrif@xmission.com
and/or the co-administrator tybee at mytybee@earthlink.net

Good luck to you, Siren
Blessings, Lanie

nanandjim said:
I keep getting "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message when I post a message.
I have now received four "new" passwords...23786512, 3972472, 312793, and 23812617 respectively. Not one has allowed me to post. So something is really wrong. I have not had any problem registering with any other site aside from this one.

Unregistered said:
nanandjim said:
I keep getting "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message when I post a message.
I have now received four "new" passwords...23786512, 3972472, 312793, and 23812617 respectively. Not one has allowed me to post. So something is really wrong. I have not had any problem registering with any other site aside from this one.
What user name are you attempting to register with?

shotzie said:
I'm not having this problem but we have a whole thread going about not receiving e-mail notifications anymore. The similarity is that we repeatedly check the "instant notification" boxes, and nothing happens there either. Seems like a lot of different manifestations of a problem ... wonder if they're all related somehow ... maybe different settings & configurations between our computers makes these potential software problems manifest themselves differently?

When this first started, I too had to log-in one time.

And my time zone setting had reverted back to a default one instead of Eastern, so I changed that and set the clock forward an hour. It made no difference.

There's an AOL Checkup feature, says mine's optimal, XP, Ser.Pack 2. I wonder what would happen if we went into settings and clicked "Default Settings"? Not that I remember where to find that. Wha'd'ya think? Might it help?

Probably this isn't going to help, but fwiw, I'm starting to read these two links, not that there's anything wrong with my settings, probably, since I did get three notifications, in three weeks. Tweakhound is 4 pgs if you print out for your computer engineer relative, who probably doesn't want to help. I'd be afraid to tamper with mine, and none of us changed any settings. I just want to see if the box is checked in My Computer or wherever it is.

TweakHound - Windows XP Services Default Settings Guide - ... Service Pack 1 and Windows XP Service Pack 2. Services that have been added, removed, or had the default settings changed are highlighted in bold text. ...
http://www.tweakhound.com/xp/defserv.htm

Default Settings - ... Default Settings. After defining the Server Name, Webmaster email address, ... click the Virtual Hosts tab and click the Edit Default Settings button. ...
http://www.pointer.gr/documents/Red.../rhl-cg-en-8.0/s1-httpd-default-settings.html

Eagle1 said:
There's an AOL Checkup feature, says mine's optimal, XP, Ser.Pack 2. I wonder what would happen if we went into settings and clicked "Default Settings"? Not that I remember where to find that. Wha'd'ya think? Might it help?
If I'm not mistaken, service pack 2 is an update package from MicroSoft. Every so often updates are automatically installed on the computer, (if you have it set that way), and these updates include patches for any software bugs, etc. For that reason, I don't think it would be a good idea for you to click "default settings" without first contacting Microsoft.

I could be wrong about service packs but I definitely think you should call MicroSoft before making any changes to it.

I'm very tech-challenged and wouldn't think of trying to go into Service Pack 2, which I'm sure nobody could do.

Farther on, probably at the other thread, I explain that just going through My Computer to Date & Time revealed a small (?) error, clock not synchronized with the internet.

So I just clicked Update-Now. Never fear, I'm not ever even going into my registry. But this afternoon I bought a 9.99 cleaner which I can't get to download and install after a trial version which is apparently too similar. The trial version doesn't completely uninstall, evidently, so I download the full version and get a msg the file already exists, do I want to replace, and it becomes the trial version again. Right after my order they raised the price to 19.99, so do you suppose they hit some button too soon and it affected mine or they forgot to do something to it they were supposed to? I'm sure I have some uninstall problems other registry cleaners haven't fixed.

The three of us who originally started "I'm Not Longer Receiving...." all are in the EASTERN time zone, I believe, and all are AOL and XP, if I'm not mistaken.

Teedie and Camper may be in the CENTRAL Time Zone?

How could this maybe affect us? Is it a Creeping Crud that's eventually going to affect all? As Teedie said, we may need to change type of Notification every once in a while, and if editing the Subscription List at Options, click only the boxes on the right that you want to change, and don't forget to click Go when finished.

Some of us changed a very few Notifications from Instant to Daily just to see what would happen, and can't expect any until tomorrow, Friday.

I've read this thread a couple of times so far. Sounds like you're one of us in the "I'm no longer receiving.." thread.

Maybe someone's going to contact Tricia again about contacting AOL. Other forums do it. I can't remember if it's Court TV or another one where I sometimes have to Contact Admin because everyone in the country with a certain IP # has been blocked. All you gotta do is check in individually with Admin. AOL sounded like it should be very simple.

At least we've done a lot of cleaning up of our computers and learned a lot. Won't you join us with whatever you've learned that we haven't?

Or, since this one's so much shorter, maybe we should compare notes as of now, here. Can't ask Tricia to read 9 pages.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back