MO - Good Samaritan shot 5 times at KC convenience store

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.kctv5.com/story/21935696/police-chase-down-robbery-suspect-after-1-person-shot

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

A teen allegedly confessed to shooting a good Samaritan six times after he tried to stop the suspect from stealing a woman's purse, according to prosecutors.

The victim is fighting for his life after the bullets severed his bowels, authorities say. A police sergeant who heard the gunshots was able to chase down the suspect and arrest him.

Haroon Yousef, 33, was helping out the convenience store owner when he saw a man point a gun at a woman while in a vehicle with her children. Those who know Yousef said he was a friendly man who always helped others.

On Thursday, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker charged Murad A. Jones, 19, of Kansas City with first-degree robbery, first-degree and two counts of armed criminal action. Prosecutors are asking for a $250,000 bond.............

"He went on to state that he thought the employee was going to hold him down until police got there, and although the employee fell down during the struggle, he stood over the employee and shot him six times before running away with the purse," according to court records............

Police say the clerk's condition remains critical.

Ahmed Nawaz, the owner of the convenience store, said his friend is improving. He said Yousef and his wife are expecting their first child.

more at link......

Prayers for this man and his family. I really hope he pulls through, such a brave man to stand up for that woman and her children.

I don't see an update on his condition, so bump. I don't want this amazing guy falling out of sight and mind. Praying!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back