VA - Two women injured in Christiansburg mall shooting, 12 April 2013

danzn16

For the missing
Reaction score
There was a shooting today at 1:55pm at new river valley community college. that is a couple miles from Virginia Tech. 2 people known to be shot and taken to local hospitals.

What is wrong with this world???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-gunman-opened-community-college-campus.html

Virginia school shooting suspect named as 18-year-old student who 'announced his plans online moments before he opened fire'

t said: 'Hey, it's time. My name is Neil Macinnis and I go to New River Community College in Christiansburg, Virginia, ten minutes away from Virginia tech. I'm gonna give y'all the details because the news never gets it right.
'Stevens 320 shotgun. Buck shots and slugs.'
'I'm a bit nervous because I've never really handled a shotgun but a few times with the Christiansburg police.
'Anyways this is not a highscores game but actually a lesson (that's why I'm at school)...Wish me luck. An heroing [sic] is not necessary unless I get *advertiser censored**ed out the *advertiser censored*. It's pretty busy.'

Ironically,

Macinnis completed the Christiansburg Citizen Police Academy in 2012, according to Christiansburg Police Chief Mark Sisson, which is where he is believed to have learned how to use a firearm.

This is so scary. I have an elderly aunt who lives 1 mile from the New River Valley Mall where this happened. Evidentally in part of the mall there is the Community College. Me, my sister, and mom were just up there last Thursday to take my aunt to lunch. We usually would have stopped in at that mall to shop a bit, but since it started snowing and sleeting, we dropped her off at home and came back home to Roanoke. Used to do a lot of Christmas shopping there as well. One of our local TV reporters with WSLS Channel 10 has a sister that was working in a store there when the shooting occurred. Poor girl was interviewed briefly today and I just felt so sorry for her. Yes, what is this world coming to.

He was overpowered by an offduty security guard. What a hero to confront someone with a gun.

His charges don't include attempted murder!??!! Sick. He'll probably be in jail in a few years and free to so as he pleases afterwards.

I live in the local area most of the year and I am so tired of these shootings. There was just one last year where a VT police officer was killed. We were on lockdown for hours because no one knew the shooter killed himself. We had to make the decision to leave our building before sunset to hopefully have more of a chance to not be shot and see the shooter coming. Terrifying. Many of my friends were students at VT during the 2007 shooting. This is just going to make next weeks anniversary more terrifying to be in class for the students.

Thank goodness these women are stable. But there is no taking back the terror this caused in everyone at that mall. Throw the book at this sorry loser

And now his picture is released I'm almost certain I have seen him before. I study a lot at a spot near where he works. You just never know what a person is thinking of

He trained to be a police officer? How do you go from wanting to be a police officer to wanting to kill?

Did he know the people he shot or were they strangers?

He trained to be a police officer? How do you go from wanting to be a police officer to wanting to kill?

Did he know the people he shot or were they strangers?

Nothing more has been released. The shooting that happened last year where a police officer was murdered on campus never revealed more information after the initial day. No one knows if the shooter even knew the police he gunned down or not. So I'm not sure how much info will be released on this case either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back