GUILTY FL - James Sheaffer, 36, slain, dismembered, Deltona, 2 April 2013

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.news-journalonline.com/a...itle=Search-for-missing-Deltona-man-continues

By Katie Kustura
STAFF WRITER
Published: Friday, April 12, 2013 at 7:20 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, April 12, 2013 at 8:00 p.m.

Search for missing Deltona man continues

bilde

http://www.volusiasheriff.org/press/content.htm

http://www.volusiasheriff.org/press/130059.htm

April 11, 2013
Brandon Haught
Public Information Office

DEPUTIES SEARCHING FOR MISSING DELTONA MAN

The Volusia County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in finding a Deltona man who went missing under suspicious circumstances April 2 and hasn’t been seen since. James Sheaffer, 36, works for a limousine business and was last seen at the business getting into an unknown man's vehicle. The men then drove away in a black passenger car, leaving Sheaffer's vehicle behind. He did not return to work for his next assignment and his live-in girlfriend and family members haven't heard from him.

Sheaffer is 5'11" and 275 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair and multiple tattoos: one that says "GRINGO" on his right neck, a "Metallica Skull" on his right calf and the letters "NCC" on his right forearm. He lives at 1610 Horseshoe Terrace and was last seen at Blue Diamond Limousine, 2840 Regent Drive, Deltona. He was last seen wearing his work outfit: black dress shirt, black dress pants and black dress shoes. It's believed that Sheaffer may have been experiencing recent financial difficulties.

Anyone with information regarding Sheaffer’s whereabouts is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 386-860-7030 or dial 911 if there is an emergency.

That is downright weird.
She (neighbor) was co-payee on SSS benefits and
not the live-in?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...chopped-body-hacksaw-tried-cremate-stove.html

A Florida woman accused of killing a neighbor was indicted on a first-degree murder charge Wednesday after it was revealed in court that she allegedly hacked the victim’s body into pieces and tried to cremate them using her stove after drugging and stabbing him to death...

She then wrapped the man's head in Saran Wrap to keep him from bleeding all over the car interior and drove home, with Sheaffer's corpse propped up in the passenger seat, the ice pick still protruding from his face. After parking her car in her garage, Stoldt shoved her dead neighbor's body out of the car and plopped his body in a kiddie pool, leaving it there for the night.

The following morning, the suspect went to work hacking James Sheaffer's body to pieces with a hacksaw.

http://www.wogx.com/story/27389825/woman-accused-of-killing-and-cooking-friend-indicted

She told a family member she had killed Sheaffer. The family member called 911 on April 21, saying Stoldt was suicidal and had confessed to a crime. Stoldt later led investigators to locations where they found Sheaffer's body and cell phone.

Neighbors on Horseshoe Drive in Deltona said Stoldt and Sheaffer were friends. The charging affidavit states that Stoldt and Sheaffer had a joint bank account and Stoldt was the payee for Sheaffer's Social Security disability checks.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2025045822_cookedneighborxml.html

Stoldt’s house in Deltona, Fla., smelled of burning flesh, but she assured her daughter it was just a rat broiling in the oven, according to details made public last week after a grand jury charged her with first-degree murder.

“Thursday is when I was cooking him,” Stoldt told investigators. “Friday is when I was dumping him”...

Over the next few days, Stoldt continued to hide evidence, burying Sheaffer’s cellphone and his driver license in parks, throwing the pots and pans in dumpsters and tossing the rug from her car into a lake.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/a...ssion-in-case-of-dismembered-Deltona-neighbor

Stoldt, 42, went by the nickname “Angel” during the audio recorded interview with the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office investigators played for the jury on Wednesday at her trial on a charge of first-degree murder...

Stoldt said when she was trying to cook the victim, her teenagers asked about the smell. She told her kids to go outside. But she complained the Sheriff’s Office was already outside looking for Sheaffer, a limo driver who had been reported missing from his home across the street on Horseshoe Terrace

“If you had walked just a little bit over to my house you would have smelled it,” Stoldt told investigators in the recording. “The worst thing I’ve ever smelled in my life.”

The more I read about this case, the more I am confused about Stoldt's motive and mental state.

I understood the motive had something to do with the bank account, but it doesn't really make much sense. That's why I question her mental health. I don't understand why they had the joint account for his disability payments. Even if that gets explained, I doubt I'd "understand" it even if there was a legitimate reason.

It's been said many times in articles about this that she was "suicidal" and that is kind what got the ball rolling with her being a suspect. But being suicidal isn't really a mental illness. Anyone can become suicidal for any number of reasons. This lady obviously has more "issues" than depression, job loss or break-up. She gives him a spiked drink, stabs him in the eye with an ice pick and eventually winds up trying to cook him. And to explain the strange smell, she says there's a rat burning in the oven.

Either Sheaffer did a HELL of a lot more than overdraw "his" bank account, or this lady was a ticking time-bomb waiting to explode. I would actually understand her "getting him out of the way" if she were stealing his money and wanted continued access to his disability check, but it doesn't sound like that's the case. And the way she did it sounds like something a serial killer would do to a victim... Not someone in a financial argument.

I've read just about all of the stories on this thread at one time and had seen that she mentioned "self defense" being a motive. I found an "older" (9/2014) article from Daily Mail online. It's a British paper/website. While some of their content can be somewhat tabloid-ishy, you get a slightly different slant (and sometimes much more info) on stories that happen in the USA.

This story mentions her planning to use that "Stand Your Ground" statute in her case!!!

I really don't think George Zimmerman should have gotten off Scot-free for killing Trayvon Martin, which is one of the big cases where SYG was mentioned. He shot an (unarmed) stranger "creeping around" his neighborhood.
Like I said, shooting him wasn't called for, but it actually makes a hell of a lot more sense to bring the SYG law into the situation. That being that he didn't drug Martin, poke his eye out, try to cook him, etc.
If those SYG laws are to be anything but an embarrassment to where they're applicable, they definitely shouldn't apply past the "poke the eye out" part of the crime. Much less the cooking part.

Florida mother-of-two who stabbed neighbor to death with an ICE PICK in the eye claims 'stand your ground' self-defense
(Daily Mail Online, UK 9/2/2014)

A Florida woman accused of stabbing her neighbor in the eye with an ice pick and then strangling him to death is claiming self-defense under the state's controversial 'stand your ground' law.
Angela Stoldt, of Deltona, has been charged with second-degree murder in the April 2013 killing of 36-year-old James Sheaffer.

Even after he was stabbed in the face, according to the defense, Sheaffer kept coming at Stoldt, who was in fear for her life.

At least 22 states, among them Florida, have laws on the books that allow that 'there is no duty to retreat (from) an attacker in any place in which one is lawfully present.'
These laws generally cancel a person's duty to retreat in the face of a serious physical attack.
The 2012 Florida shooting death of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin and the acquittal of neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman sparked debate over 'stand your ground' laws around the country.

‘She grabbed the first thing she could, which was an ice pick, to protect herself. The ice pick was in a box of camping supplies that was in the backseat of her car behind her,’ the motion stated.

The mother of two plunged the sharp instrument into Shaeffer's eye, but the man allegedly kept coming at her.
The woman, described as fearful for her life, grabbed a cord, wrapped it tightly around the man's neck and continued pulling until he stopped attacking her.

Ms Stoldt then covered Sheaffer’s head with Saran Wrap and disposed of his body.

In an earlier post, I said she was acting like a "serial killer" rather than someone upset about money. I should have been more specific and said "movie serial killer." And not even a regular movie murderer. What she did was something Jason Voorhees or Freddy Kruger would try to do, and they're not really even regular "human beings" in their movies!

What she's done is actually more like something from Cannibal Holocaust (still banned in parts of the world 35-yrs after its release) or Cannibal Ferox (which was released with much fanfare as "Make Them Die Slowly" here in the US).

Sorry for the rant, but sometimes I guess when you're at a loss for (sensible) words, you can't help but to rant whatever comes to mind.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story.../volusia-woman-kills-cooks-neighbor/19979229/

A Deltona mother of two accused of stabbing and strangling her neighbor before dismembering and cooking him has been convicted of first-degree murder in his death, the State Attorney's Office announced Friday.

It took a jury three hours to convict Angela Faye Stoldt, 42, of first-degree murder, abuse of a human body and tampering with physical evidence in the slaying of 36-year-old neighbor James Sheaffer...

Stoldt was sentenced Friday to life in prison for the murder count, followed by 15 years for the second count and 5 years for the third count.

A Deltona mother of two accused of stabbing and strangling her neighbor before dismembering and cooking him has been convicted of first-degree murder in his death, the State Attorney's Office announced Friday.

I'm sort of torn on that verdict.

What she did was sick, wrong and "crazy as Hell" (for lack of a better term).
She most assuredly needs harsh punishment,
but even moreso NEEDS TO HAVE HER HEAD EXAMINED BY A GOOD PSYCHIATRIST.

There's no way a sane person would have done all of that to him!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back