Addicted to the Jodi Arias Trial?

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
This is intended to be a "fun" thread with no serious trial discussion. Please share the wild and wacky things that you're doing (scheduling, meal prep, household chores, etc.) as you follow the Jodi Arias trial.

I know that I'm addicted to the Jodi Arias trial because:

Enjoy!

I know that I'm addicted to this trial because:

1) I risk my livelihood by live streaming the trial while "working" ... Minimize, maximize... Volume up, volume down... Repeat as needed.

2) One of my husband's friends, after observing some of my tweets, texted him to let him know I "apparently" have an obsession about "some trial". To which my husband replied "You have no idea".

3) I schedule my lunch break around the trial so I can have at least an hour of uninterrupted trial time. Court does not always cooperate though. I will be scheduling a hearing with Judge Stephens regarding this ASAP.

4) When I arrive home for said lunch, my husband has the tv on HLN, my lunch made, and my Chromebook up and ready to go. (Def brownie points there.) This arrangement is also the evening routine when I get home from work.

5) I swear each night that I will not read here after 10 pm so I will not be so damn tired and late for work in the morning. It's usually 12 or 1 am instead. I'm going to blame that one on Y'ALL O-o

6) I observe other posters talking about planning for feeding children and/or spouses...I have no idea what this means.

7) I have decided my house will still be dirty when this trial is over. So I will wait until then to clean it. (Febreze is my friend.)

I will reserve any more confessions until I see some of yours. :)

I'm going to Vegas with a friend the 20th of this month and I won't have any way of keeping up except HLN. :facepalm: I'm already worried I am going to miss rebuttal!

I know I 'm addicted because:

1. My hunny is annoyed lol!

2. I do my housework routine with HLN on the trial. Once I'm done, I go online and stream it.

3. That I check up on Websleuths for updates if I have been out during the day :rocker:

4. My hunny has given me earplugs to put in my ears when I streamline lol!

5. I've been caught arguing with the tv when Dr. Drew and NG are on! :facepalm:

I'm totally addicted because:

I sleep during the day and watch the trial all through the night. There goes my delta sleep but who cares as long as I get to watch this trial.

I actively resist having a life of any kind. I don't have time for friends and have given up temporarily on my hobbies just so I can watch this trial in peace.

I don't drink fluids while JM is on for fear of having to miss a minute of our genius in action.

Meals and snacks are consumed during sidebars and long breaks only.

I'm thinking of bribing/training my neighbour's dog with treats so she will stop barking on trial days. I need to be able to hear every single thing that is going on in this case!

I dream of JM and this case quite often

I have adopted Juan speak. Yes or NO, Riiiight, etc. have become part of my daily life.

I know I am addicted to the Jodi Arias trial b/c

I do not answer the phone & I tell everyone not to call me between 12-8 pm est Mon-Fri unless its an emergency!!
I do all my phone calls & visiting on Sat/Sun!
I get hubby's lunch ready waay before 12 pm as he works 2nd shift so that I can read pre court posts
I make enough dinner for 2 days so I don't have to cook everyday-meaning he gets lots of left overs & part of those left overs are his next days lunch-:floorlaugh:
I close all my blinds & curtains to make it look like I am not home-forget answering door-it won't
happen people!
I schedule appts for mornings so I don't miss a min of trial-I have cancelled appts to see trial
Laundry & housework get done Sat ^ Suns
This one is my favorite- Although this trial makes me want to drink A LOT and I love my beer,but I don't drink it b/c I can't read all your posts straight & forget about typing posts up,just ain't happenein!!:floorlaugh:you are all saving me from becoming an alkie!!Thank You!!

1) Even though it's been an exceptionally long winter in Michigan, I really don't care. :what:

2) Most days have become "pajama days" unless I'm leaving the house for some reason. :eek:fftobed:

3) I don't answer the phone and let calls go to Voice Mail. If it's DH, I answer with, "Not now, dear. Trial's on." :seeya:

4) DH has been referring to himself as my Sous Chef since I frequently "talk him through" whatever we're having for dinner while I watch live stream and participate in trial discussion. :blowkiss:

5) Every conversation between DH and I somehow relates to the Jodi Arias trial. :eek:

6) I used to pride myself in being an "old fashioned girl" but will no longer use the term to describe myself. :blushing:

7) I've started saying, "Please" whenever I ask DH to do something so that he doesn't accuse me of abuse. :floorlaugh:

I keep the trial streaming at werk despite teh fact that I have no external speakers. I do have dictation headphones so I wear those stream the trial and listen to testimony while I work. From all outwards appearances it would appear I am working on transcription.

My coworker (who has external speakers) insists on listening too but she streams wildabouttrial while I stream AZ and they are apparently not streaming at the same rate. So I hear stuff about a half minute before it goes over her stream.

Advantageous because if I have to pull off my headphones and take a call, I can shoot down the hall to her office and I haven't missed as much, lol.

Our bosses are both mystified as to why we are so fascinated with trial watching (listening)

We can't understand their confusion. They are lawyers FGS?!? We work in a law office why on earth is it so shocking we find this stuff interesting (addictive)?

My MIL is convinced I am in a deep depression. Her evidence, my house is sloppy, I am not cooking nearly as much as I normally do, opting instead for fast food. My computer is always on and I am compelled to check the threads frequently for ya'll's thoughts and rants on this case.

So my MIL has taken to coming by in the afternoon before I arrive home from work and cleaning my house, washing laundry etc. She cooks a meal for us every week or so, to save me the trouble, because I am so depressed you understand.

I am addicted enough to not have told her the truth - I am not depressed I am obsessed. If I do, the spiffing up will stop and lawd only knows, I'm not doin it. Not now. Not during trial

Man, all y'all are crazy! :crazy: I'm not addicted at all! :giggle:

I know that I'm addicted to this trial because:

1) I risk my livelihood by live streaming the trial while "working" ... Minimize, maximize... Volume up, volume down... Repeat as needed.

2) One of my husband's friends, after observing some of my tweets, texted him to let him know I "apparently" have an obsession about "some trial". To which my husband replied "You have no idea".

3) I schedule my lunch break around the trial so I can have at least an hour of uninterrupted trial time. Court does not always cooperate though. I will be scheduling a hearing with Judge Stephens regarding this ASAP.

4) When I arrive home for said lunch, my husband has the tv on HLN, my lunch made, and my Chromebook up and ready to go. (Def brownie points there.) This arrangement is also the evening routine when I get home from work.

5) I swear each night that I will not read here after 10 pm so I will not be so damn tired and late for work in the morning. It's usually 12 or 1 am instead. I'm going to blame that one on Y'ALL O-o

6) I observe other posters talking about planning for feeding children and/or spouses...I have no idea what this means.

7) I have decided my house will still be dirty when this trial is over. So I will wait until then to clean it. (Febreze is my friend.)

I will reserve any more confessions until I see some of yours. :)

I do that too!!

Amen. My house is dirty too (and I do not care!).

I'm going to Vegas with a friend the 20th of this month and I won't have any way of keeping up except HLN. :facepalm: I'm already worried I am going to miss rebuttal!

Can't you drive down for it? Perfectly reasonable detour in plans. :)

animated-smileys-laughing-327.gif
animated-smileys-laughing-291.gif

Ok, I give up! I'm as nutty as the rest of you! You know me too well! :crazy:

INdeed!

I took a week's vaca during the CA trial (closing arguments and verdict).
I probably won't be able to do that this time :(

Omgosh...I did the same thing. And was devastated. But I digress. If I can do it again for this one, I will!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back