MD MD - Gladys 'Faye' Beauchamp, 37, Glen Burnie, 11 Oct 1989

UMfanforever

Reaction score
Posted On-line 07/19/2004
beaucham.jpg
Gladys Faye Beauchamp

On October 11, 1989, the body of GLADYS "FAYE" BEAUCHAMP was discovered in a wooded area located off of Crain Highway near Oak Manor Drive in Glen Burnie, Maryland. "Faye" was the victim of a homicide.
FAYE BEAUCHAMP was a white female, 37 years of age, weighing approximately 105 pounds, with brown shoulder-length hair. Faye was known to ride the #14 MTA bus from Patapsco Avenue and Hanover Street to the corner of Crain Highway and Aquahart Road. Faye would board the bus at approximately 6:00 a.m. She would then walk to the North Arundel Convalescent Center by way of an asphalt walkway that extends from Aquahart Road to the Hardees
restaurant in the Southgate shopping center. Faye would then walk to the convalescent Center by way of Hospital Drive. On the morning of October 11, 1989, at approximately 6:10 a.m., Faye was murdered while walking on this path. The case is still open and is being actively investigated by detectives from the Anne Arundel County Police Department's Homicide Unit, Cold Case Squad. Investigators in this case are interested in speaking with anyone who may have seen Faye either on the bus or walking to work on October 11, 1989.
Anyone who has information regarding the homicide of Gladys Faye Beauchamp, or anyone with information pertaining to her death or pertaining to the identification of witnesses or suspects, please call:

dash.jpg
Sergeant Keith Clark
Homicide Unit
(410) 222-3456
Or give anonymous tips through:
Metro Crime Stoppers
Toll Free 1-866-7LOCKUP (756-2587)
E-mail: www.tipsubmit.com
Text Message: Send the letters “MCS” plus your message to 274637

http://www.aacounty.org/police/coldcases/Beauchamp.cfm#.UWt5uNf_HYA

Housekeeper murdered walking to work
http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/2011/03/housekeeper-murdered-walking-work

Twenty-one years after her death, the case of Gladys "Faye" Beauchamp is still cold in the Anne Arundel County Police Department.
Baltimore resident Beauchamp was 37 years old when a teenager bicycling near Maryland Route 100 and Crain Highway in Glen Burnie found her body on Oct. 11, 1989. Beauchamp was in the woods, 20 feet off the bicycle trail.

Police have never divulged details of her death, saying they would only be known to the killer.
"Obviously, it's something pretty unique," police spokesman Sgt. Joseph Bisesi told the Washington Post in 1989.

The day that she was killed, Beauchamp was on her way to work as a housekeeper at the North Arundel Convalescent Center. As she did every work day, she boarded the 6 a.m. No. 14 MTA bus at the corner of Patapsco Avenue and Hanover Street and took it to the intersection of Crain Highway and Aquahart Road. She typically then walked on the sidewalk to the Hardee's before turning onto Hospital Drive at the Southgate shopping center. It was during this routine walk to work that she was abducted, police believe at 6:10 a.m., and ultimately killed.

Soon after the slaying, police reportedly said that a woman who regularly saw the victim walking to work saw her on the day of her slaying, followed by a 6-foot-tall man wearing a green Army jacket, jeans, yellow knit hat and a scarf.

The description roughly matched that of a serial rape suspect. In the month leading up to Beauchamp's death, four women -- a woman and her daughter on Sept. 29, another woman four days later at a liquor store, and a 26-year-old on Oct. 23 -- were sexually assaulted and robbed. The mother-daughter pair were assaulted on Old Stage Road, just blocks from where Beauchamp was killed. The suspect was a young man with a scar on his face.

Police did not say whether Beauchamp was sexually assaulted.

Anyone with information in the case is encouraged to call the Anne Arundel County Police Department Sgt. Keith Clark of the homicide unit at 410-222-3456. Those who wish to remain anonymous can call the toll-free Metro Crime Stoppers like at 866-7LOCKUP (756-2587), text "MCS" plus the tip to 274637 or visittipsubmit.com.

I'm always amazed how when I post about cold cases no one has any interest in them besides me.

I'm always amazed how when I post about cold cases no one has any interest in them besides me.

I'm interested! There is just nothing that I can do or say to be helpful.

I would think that LE would have released at least one unique characteristic of her murder since the case is so old. Who knows if the killer has killed since then and left his/her MO, "calling card" or whatever the unique thing is then people could look at other unsolved murders and possible link them. :seeya:

There's not much to work with. It's been years when you posted the first message and nothing more on the internet.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I recognize this. That's why it's in the Cold Cases forum. Doesn't mean people can't care about mysteries being solved and hope someone comes forward with information.

Perhaps LE should re look into the teenager who found her about 20 feet from the bicycle track, it wouldn’t be the first time a perp involved themselves into a crime scene.

An article from the Baltimore Sun a couple days after she was murdered says she was engaged to be married the following month. I'm guessing the fiance was ruled out but didn't see him mentioned in any of the other articles. Interesting case, I'll keep digging.

An article from the Baltimore Sun a couple days after she was murdered says she was engaged to be married the following month. I'm guessing the fiance was ruled out but didn't see him mentioned in any of the other articles. Interesting case, I'll keep digging.

Yeah you would think he would be the first and most likely suspect they would go to like in any investigation, but there's nothing.

Still a cold case:

Gladys Faye Beauchamp | Anne Arundel County, MD

I've looked at this case so many times over the years. Even spoke to the daughter about 2 years ago. She was supposed to meet with the cold case detective and let me know, then I never heard from her again. This case hit close to home for me, both proximity and my mom was friends with her. They worked together. I find it so hard to believe that its just gone nowhere... and I think part of it is that the family is just so accepting of it. Not blaming but the daughter was just like "yeah, she was killed". Sad. There was several men in her life and none of them sounded like "good guys" from the daughters description.

I've looked at this case so many times over the years. Even spoke to the daughter about 2 years ago. She was supposed to meet with the cold case detective and let me know, then I never heard from her again. This case hit close to home for me, both proximity and my mom was friends with her. They worked together. I find it so hard to believe that its just gone nowhere... and I think part of it is that the family is just so accepting of it. Not blaming but the daughter was just like "yeah, she was killed". Sad. There was several men in her life and none of them sounded like "good guys" from the daughters description.
Hi Faye’s daughter is my mom, Annette. My name is Sarah Faye. Never got to meet Faye. Unfortunately she has passed away almost one year ago. If you or anyone would like to reach out and talk to me about Faye or Annette you’re more than welcomed to email me at fawleysarah90@yahoo.com

This is my grandmother she was already married. Before her death. She came home to Baltimore from Boise Idaho. Her husband didn’t want to come to Baltimore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back