Explosion Boston Marathon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peliman

Reaction score
Apparent explosion hits near finish line of Boston Marathon

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 2:55 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 15, 2013 3:08 PM EDT

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) – An apparent explosion has hit the finish line area of the Boston Marathon.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud explosion near the finish line just before 3 p.m. Video from Skyfox showed a number of emergency crews in the area tending to victims.

There appeared to be blood on the ground near the finish line.

Reuters was reporting that the Boston Marathon headquarters were in lockdown.

No other details were available.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21...sion-hits-near-finish-line-of-boston-marathon

Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line
BOSTON (AP) — Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

"There are a lot of people down," said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

What on earth? I've been out all day and haven't had the news on... Sounds scary!

"Two huge bangs." CNN

6 injured, at least. Suggestions of exploding trashcans. Race was underway when the explosions went off.

This is terrible.

My local news FB page says "There are reports of victims with lost limbs being wheeled from the scene, more to come as we receive it."

graphics pics being circulated on twitter.....just horrible

Boston Globe News ‏@GlobeMetro 21m
BREAKING NEWS: At least dozens of people have been seriously injured, a Globe staffer on the scene says.

Trying to find a good map... Doesn't the race end right at about Copley Square? There has to be tons of people there. :what:

North side of Boylston Street per Fox News...not sure if my spelling is correct or not.

Damn...thought it was overblown and revised my comment on the other thread. I hope they catch the sick &^%$ that did this.

Showing blood everywhere at the scene. People lost their legs???? OMG

North side of Boilston Street per Fox News...not sure if my spelling is correct or not.

Boylston.

Damn...worked in the Hancock tower in Back Bay for many years. Race ends there.

Wow, time to rethink my plans to go into town with the teens this weekend for comic con, which is just a few blocks up Boylston from Copley. :eek:hoh:

"Dozens".... Please let this just be an overestimate, in the rush to get the news out :( :please:

Apparent explosion hits near finish line of Boston Marathon

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 2:55 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 15, 2013 3:08 PM EDT

BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) – An apparent explosion has hit the finish line area of the Boston Marathon.

Witnesses reported hearing a loud explosion near the finish line just before 3 p.m. Video from Skyfox showed a number of emergency crews in the area tending to victims.

There appeared to be blood on the ground near the finish line.

Reuters was reporting that the Boston Marathon headquarters were in lockdown.

No other details were available.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/21...sion-hits-near-finish-line-of-boston-marathon

Praying for everyone. That breaks my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy