Presumed Located NY - Keyla Contreras, 19, deaf, Manhattan, 13 Jan 2012

Odyssey

Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye
Reaction score
Keyla Contreras

Namus says age 19, Charley Project says 18.

Last seen in East Harlem (aka Spanish Harlem), New York as she left her building on 2nd Avenue at 7am on 1/12/12. Was wearing a blue jacket, orange hooded sweatshirt, jeans and boots.

She is deaf and non-verbal.

5'0 - 115 lbs.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/contreras_keyla.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/13718

Iam thinking here 3 things one the time of year with snow or ice also being 7 am so early and herself being deaf it's a perfect scenario for getting hit by a car she wouldn't hear it coming cold and snowy outside someone maybe not brushing thier car off and waiting for it to warm up so you can see maybe late for work .If you live anywherethat there is a cold winter season with snow you will know what i mean what its like at 7am anyways just a few idea's mind you even with those idea's I cant say why or where she ended up unless they panicked and picked her up or even woarse if its snowing out bad thats the time of the morning that the snow plows are out..

I really hope that they have some reason to believe she left voluntarily... otherwise it's horrific that there's been no publicity/coverage.

I was already thinking that the neighborhood along with her being deaf automatically means danger, and I hadn't even thought about the weather.

Didn't see anything about this on my local news.
Also, no prints, no dental, no DNA?

Bump for Keyla

Still no DNA :(

Keyla Contreras, 18: Deaf-Mute Teen Vanishes From NYC In 2012

July 28, 2021

Keyla-Contreras-1.jpg

A teenager from New York went missing nearly 10 years ago and still, it is difficult to find any information about the development of her case. Keyla Contreras was reportedly last seen at her home in East Harlem in the borough of Manhattan, but the circumstances surrounding her disappearance remain unclear.

What is known is that the 18-year-old’s residence was located on Second Avenue, near East 122nd Street. It was around 7:00 a.m. when Keyla Contreras was last seen, but by who is unknown. The Village Voice reported that Keyla left her residence and never returned. Where she may have been traveling to and if she planned on meeting with anyone hasn’t been shared.

Concerns were immediately heightened because Keyla Contreras is both deaf and mute, causing urgency in the search for the teen. However, I was unable to find substantial local news reports about Keyla’s case. It is unknown if authorities held a press conference or created a missing person flyer for the disabled teen. Additionally, there is only one photo of Keyla in circulation (above).

At the time of her disappearance, Keyla Contreras stood 5 feet tall and weighed 115 pounds. She had black/dark brown hair and brown eyes. Keyla was last seen wearing an orange hooded sweatshirt, a blue jacket, jeans, and gray boots. Keyla is described as “Black/Hispanic/Latino” and she would be 27-years-old at the time of this publication.

Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact the New York City Police Department – Missing Persons Squad at (212) 694-7781, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or their local authorities. Her agency case number is KNMP431.

Please share this story about Keyla Contreras to help reignite the investigation into her case. She is our sister and her life matters.

Keyla Contreras, 18: Deaf-Mute Teen Vanishes From NYC In 2012

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam