GUILTY MS - Everett Dutschke for mailing ricin letters, framing rival, Tupelo, 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Envelope tests positive for ricin at Washington mail facility (CNN)
Washington (CNN) -- An envelope that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was intercepted Tuesday afternoon at the U.S. Capitol's off-site mail facility in Washington, congressional and law enforcement sources tell CNN.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he was told the letter was addressed to the office of Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Mississippi. After the envelope tested positive in a first routine test, it was retested two more times, each time coming up positive, the law enforcement source said. The package was then sent to a Maryland lab for further testing.

Sen. Claire McCaskill told reporters after a briefing for lawmakers that a suspect has already been identified in the incident. Members will be warning their home-state offices to look out for similar letters, she said.
---
more at the link

I read he's a junior senator. But, I don't know anything about him. Has he done anything politically that perhaps someone would take great issue with? Just curious.

Good question! I was barely aware of the man. I would suppose he holds positions typical to those of other Southern Republican senators. Still looking. His position on immigration reform seems to oppose the compromise suggested by Sen. Rubio, but even of that I'm not sure.

The last ricin-related incident, incidentally, involved four aging Georgia militia members charged in 2011; two have pled guilty to lesser charges, and two were scheduled for trial in February, though that date has evidently been pushed back.

What I will say is just what I saw on another site- but, Wicker apparently broke ranks with other GOP senators and announced he will vote for the limited background check legislation. Apparently some extreme right groups have been vilifying him on their sites and bombarding his office with abuse. Not pointing fingers here- but it may be some clue as to what direction some of this is coming from. There are extremists everywhere..

Here's a link to a gun rights discussion board branding him and others as 'traitors'

http://m14forum.com/gun-rights/137921-list-republicrat-senate-traitors.html

I have scrolled through the comments on the board I linked to- I note some calling for his death. Exactly how do I report this and to whom?? LE is probably aware of this stuff but you never know..

A perusal of terrorist incidents in the U.S. gives a good idea of the direction almost all since the early '70s have come from.

Terrorism in the United States (Wiki)

So I think it's a safe bet that this incident comes from a like direction.

I have scrolled through the comments on the board I linked to- I note some calling for his death. Exactly how do I report this and to whom?? LE is probably aware of this stuff but you never know..
I would think that calling for the death of an elected federal official would be an FBI matter.

I don't know if you all remember after 9/11 it seemed like there were all kinds of these incidents. Some real ,some fake,the most noted was the anthrax being sent to politicians and Tom Brokaw. Seems like when there is an incident,all the crazys and people with a beef come out.

I don't know if you all remember after 9/11 it seemed like there were all kinds of these incidents. Some real ,some fake,the most noted was the anthrax being sent to politicians and Tom Brokaw. Seems like when there is an incident,all the crazys and people with a beef come out.
I lived in San Antonio and there were a couple (at least) "fake powder" incidents in the area (as well as several possible "bombs" called in - if there was a package or a backpack lying out somewhere, people freaked).

The anthrax scare immediately followed 9/11. The ricin letters came two years later.

After antrax, people were freaked out by anything resembling white powder (such as flour).

Wicker broke ranks on the gun control vote, he claims he just wanted to open the floor for debate on the issue and would not vote for the actual legislation. After a ton of newsites named the 16 Republicans who broke rank, he put a long post on his fb explaining his position and that he has an A+ NRA rating. Many were saying outrageous things to him on his fb page, I was appalled. When I read this online today my first thoughts were that this was an attack by someone upset over the gun vote issue. Senator Wicker is a well liked and respected politician, he has never been involved in any other controversy that I am aware of. I organized and hosted an event for him a few years ago, he was one of the nicest most down to earth politicians that I have ever met.

I heard on the news tonight that the envelope was postmarked in Memphis, not too far from the senators home.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Boston.com News ‏@BostonDotCom 1m
RT @ap: BREAKING: Secret Service: Letter addressed to Obama contained 'suspicious substance'

*A letter addressed to President Barack Obama that contained a "suspicious substance" has been intercepted at the White House's off-site mail facility, a Secret Service spokesman said Wednesday. The letter arrived Tuesday, the same day as an envelope addressed to a U.S. senator that initially tested positive for the deadly poison ricin.]

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/politics/tainted-letter-intercepted/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back