Called Jason Doe's case manager today

DrDMike

Reaction score
I wanted to see about getting more information about him, specifically if he was circumcised or not. Yes, it sounds weird but that may be a clue as to his background. I had posted earlier about how circumcision was relatively a routine thing in the 1980s when Jason Doe was probably born. Anyways, the case manager told me that they are withholding a lot of information and they do not intend to release it. He said that they've been all over the country, including Latin America and Canada (I don't know if I believe that part) following leads. He sounded a bit defensive and almost like he didn't want to be bothered by it. It made me think that this kid will probably never be identified despite all the well-meaning people who invest time and energy. Maybe the ME, LE and whoever did everything they could with more information and resources than what we have.

I wanted to see about getting more information about him, specifically if he was circumcised or not. Yes, it sounds weird but that may be a clue as to his background. I had posted earlier about how circumcision was relatively a routine thing in the 1980s when Jason Doe was probably born. Anyways, the case manager told me that they are withholding a lot of information and they do not intend to release it. He said that they've been all over the country, including Latin America and Canada (I don't know if I believe that part) following leads. He sounded a bit defensive and almost like he didn't want to be bothered by it. It made me think that this kid will probably never be identified despite all the well-meaning people who invest time and energy. Maybe the ME, LE and whoever did everything they could with more information and resources than what we have.

just wanted to say thanks to you for having the moxie to call and ask questions. i think letting le know people still care about these old/cold cases is the one tangible way we can make a difference. good on you.

It would be a great pity if they were sitting on important information, because alot of people have invested alot of time in this case. Why would it be so important for them to keep information from the public?

It would be a great pity if they were sitting on important information, because alot of people have invested alot of time in this case. Why would it be so important for them to keep information from the public?

I think they want to give the least amount of information as possible. How long did it take for them to release pictures of the second tattoo?

I love the renewed interest in this case. It has haunted me for years.
I wonder if it would be worth trying to go to the crash site (if we could pin point it exactly) w/ a metal detector and see if anything was missed that would give us some answers. Class ring, etc.

I hope the'' a lot of information'' is not what is keeping him from being ID'ed. Anyways I just wanted to point out that Jason doe would have a birthday between 1973 for an age of 22 and 1979 for the age of 16.
The exact location of the accident is on namus . I wonder who called the accident in to LE or how close houses were.

Location Found

Address 1 Rt. 58/West - 0.3 miles east of Rt. 605
Address 2
City Emporia
State Virginia
Zip code 23847
County Greensville

That's very frustrating. If there was a criminal case involved, such as the police thinking Jason Doe committed some crimes or if some crime was committed against him, maybe it would be relevant. But this seems like a very cut and dried case of "Dude gets into car for a ride with a stranger, car wreck occurs, both deceased." Why are they hiding things?

Sometimes I feel like Websleuths and other groups like this are ham strung by LE not wanting the public to solve the case because it makes them look bad. But come on! After all this time, let's give it some closure!

I think the nature of the question made the officer unlikely to volunteer information. I mean, if all someone is asking is whether or not a UID was circumcised, and gave no satisfactory reason as to why this was important, I could imagine LE just thinking that it was someone unbalanced on the other end of the phone.

I understand why information would need to have been with-held prior to the availability of DNA testing. You would need to be able to rule out people who wanted to claim the body who were not next of kin. I don't know why someone would want to do that, but I also don't know why some people want to kidnap and kill.

With DNA testing, you would not need to withhold nearly so much info. I believe you would still need to withhold some since the UID might be adopted or in the foster system or the "last of the line."

Were they headed east or west? I don't know if I've ever read, but I always assume they were headed west. Here is the approximate area as it looks now. 605 is known as Chapman's Ford road if you want to pull it up on Google Maps.

This is approximately .3 miles East of 605 on 58
605_zpsfd667554.jpg

Were they headed east or west? I don't know if I've ever read, but I always assume they were headed west. Here is the approximate area as it looks now. 605 is known as Chapman's Ford road if you want to pull it up on Google Maps.

rsbm

i've always assumed west too. interesting thing in looking at your map - isn't the current thought that the driver fell asleep at the wheel? the accident site shown on your map is maybe two miles off of i-95. if they were driving south on i-95 and got off at that exit, is there really a chance of him falling asleep that quickly? you're talking about falling asleep and crashing within probably a minute and a half of taking an exit. i realize this doesn't answer the jason doe question, just something that stuck out when i looked at the map.

Has anyone ever asked the case manager about the so called phone call made to them after the death? Like someone knew who he was? I think I read that being mentioned somewhere, or would that be something they couldn't release?

Sorry if that's been asked before. I'm still new at this and there's a ton of info on here.. I could have missed it.

I believe that MarylandsMissing was the person who spoke to the case manager many years ago and was told that.

I live in Canada and I know that TGD are ultra famous internationally, and a lot of Canadian's would have hitch hiked to the show once passed the US Border.
We have 6 teenage boys missing from Pickering (approx. 5 miles east of Toronto Lake Ontario. The went missing in March 1995. I read the comments on one news page there is someone inquiring about one of the boys Jamie Lefebvre who apparently looks similar to Jason.
Oddly, a new clue is a pair of red levi's found at Niagara Falls from a decomposed body, same type of jeans another one of the boys, Jay Boyle wore the night he vanished. They think all 6 went to the marina, hopped in a boat and drowned. So.... am wondering if Jamie is Jason?

Here are some links.

http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Ontario/lost_boys_of_pickering.htm

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2014/03/18/search-for-missing-teens-hits-another-dead-end-2

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/family-ma...oys-case-point-to-possible-new-clue-1.1731005

I'm here :) I haven't been able to swing through at a time when the PD general offices would be open, but I'm here none-the-less. I have to work in Wilmington and Myrtle Beach this coming week, so I took a ride through Richmond to see my mom and niece. I pass right by Emporia on my way to Wilmington, so I took a little side trip.

When I made my graphic above, I had to kind of estimate .3 mile. Now that I'm here, I've narrowed it a bit.

.3 East of 605 on 58 is closer to the tip of the red arrow indicating Route 58 than the area I circled. I'll post my videos later this week, probably Wednesday or later.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back