Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
April 19, 2013

'CAPTURED!!!' Boston police announce Marathon bombing suspect in custody

By Chelsea J. Carter and Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 9:07 PM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013

(CNN) -- The suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday night, bringing to an end a massive manhunt that virtually shut down the Massachusetts capital amid warnings the man was possibly armed with explosives.
Story and video at the [video=cnn;crime/2013/04/20/ac-vo-photo-of-boston-bombing-suspect-after-arrest.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html[/video]
ss130420marathonbombing.jpg

Dailymail articles, 1st talks about the older brother's wife, apparently she converted to Islam when she married Tamerlan. 2nd is about their mother, she was arrested for shoplifting last year. 3rd article states Dzhokhar ran over his brother's body with the stolen SUV during the shootout.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ves-really-knew-him.html?ICO=most_read_module

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lothes-Lord--Taylor.html?ICO=most_read_module

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-tried-revive-him.html?ICO=most_read_module

Apologies if these were posted earlier.

cops20n1web.jpg

MIT officer Sean Collier, 26, of Somerville, Mass
By Pete Donohue AND Stephen Rex Brown / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, April 19, 2013, 10:51 AMUpdated: Saturday, April 20, 2013, 12:51 AM

A beloved campus cop was the fourth victim in the Boston bombers’ reign of terror — shot dead before he could even draw his gun.

“He wanted to get to know students — he wanted to understand us. . . . He knew which students he was protecting every day when he came to work,” one student wrote.
LINK
94d7d537-efaa-4fd1-b520-426adc1c55e0_zps5672d63d.jpg

Richard Donahue, Jr., 33
April 19, 2013 2:29 PM
BOSTON (CBS) – An MBTA police officer was shot and seriously wounded early Friday morning while chasing the two men wanted for the Boston Marathon bombings.

“Facing extraordinary danger, Officer Donohue never hesitated in fully engaging the terrorists in order to protect the citizens of the Commonwealth,” said MBTA Transit Police Chief Paul MacMillan. “I am extremely proud of him, and cannot say enough about his heroic actions.”
LINK

Update April 21, 2013
BOSTON (CBS) – Transit Officer Richard Donohue, Jr. is said to be critical but stable at Mt. Auburn Hospital.
Dr. David Miller said Sunday morning Donohue was able to wiggle his toes and squeeze his wife’s hand for the first time.
“The care he received at the scene and in the emergency room was well-organized, rapid and outstanding,” Miller said.

SeanCollier_zpseb83a3f0.png

Representative for the MIT Outing Club:

"Sean's excitement about the outdoors was contagious. He could keep an entire carload of hikers entertained on the long drive to distant trailheads, and was always willing to share his favorite hiking snack: pepperoni, or "roni" as he called it. He could find the bright side of any situation, be it bad weather, turning back just before the summit, or a fender-bender on the way to the mountains. His grin was irrepressible."

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity/2013/04/mit-pays-tribute-to-young-officer-killed-by-bombing-suspect.html

DotArt project on Savin Hill Bridge - on 93 into Boston:

6e2268c9-dd67-47c2-9931-ee7218c2c933_400.jpg

Via Boston.com live blog

From the other thread:

Card board tubes (paper towel rollers? Toilet paper rolls?) don't sound like someone worrisome to me. I think it's unrelated, and no one more dangerous than any idiot playing with fireworks or something.

I had heard that there were some more serious ones near Brown recently - those were the ones I was referring to mostly. But now that I look it up, I can't find it. My bad.

However, I do think they had to practice the timing of it somewhere.

I cannot find info on how long one can be held before it becomes necessary to mirandize him. Or is there no time limit under the special circumstances( FISA warrant )? Looks like i need to read up on the process.

From the other thread:

I had heard that there were some more serious ones near Brown recently - those were the ones I was referring to mostly. But now that I look it up, I can't find it. My bad.

While people were referencing explosions near Brown/Providence, during the discussion of the missing student on Thurs evening, they were citing the news links from south of Boston. That is actually closer to Boston than to Providence. I live in Providence and there have been no reported explosions here to my knowledge.

There is Ruslan, and then another uncle. One lives in Maryland, and the other is either in Mass or RI (I haven't been able to figure out which is which).

From the other thread:

You would THINK they'd practice, but then, they're not very bright "terrorists". :eek:hoh:

They probably did practice somewhere, I just don't think it would be Hanover. And I can't even imagine where you'd practice near Brown, either. rehoboth, MA is about the only nearby quieter town I can think of in that area? And that's not convenient to UMassD, and it's about 20 mins outside Providence. :confused:

I was thinking of the suspect today.

Pictured him lying in ICU. Guards at the door. Doctors and nurses coming in to check on him. I wonder if it has hit him yet, these same Doctors and nurses may have worked on his victims too.

I hope they don't allow him to watch TV. I don't want to think of gloating at the misery he has caused. I want to think of him lying there, not knowing what is happening or going to happen to him. I want him to feel alone. I want him to be scared.

Not very nice of me I know. But I yam what I yam.

" Blanchard declined to describe the devices recovered March 12, saying he did not want others to try to reproduce them. He said they appeared to have been powerful enough to cause serious damage, particularly if they were discovered by an unsuspecting person.

“If you were in close proximity to it when it went off, it could kill you,” he said.

Jennifer Mieth, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Fire Services, said the two devices detonated by the State Police bomb squad March 12 were turned in by a resident who found them alongside the road. She said the state was not involved in Hanover’s investigation.

Blanchard said he is concerned that if someone continues to set off the illegal devices, they may eventually cause property damage or injuries. He said anyone caught using the devices could face up to 25 years in prison and fines of up to $50,000."

Read more: Hanover bombs a mystery to police - Quincy, MA - The Patriot Ledger http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x711938623/Hanover-bombs-a-mystery-to-police#ixzz2R8YirlaR
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial
Follow us: @patriotledger on Twitter | patriotledger on Facebook

I think this is important to note:

Imam: I wouldn’t give Boston suspect last rites

...At least one Boston cleric said he would refuse to perform funeral rites for a man accused of committing so much violence. The Quran, said Imam Talal Eid, says that anyone who has killed another human being is going to hell.

Eid, who is imam at the Boston Islamic Institute, said he had never met the Tsarnaev brothers but questioned media accounts that Tamerlan Tsarnaev had become a devout Muslim.

"A person who is devoted does not kill innocent people," Eid said....

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/21/imam-i-wouldnt-give-boston-suspect-last-rites/?hpt=hp_t2

Speaking of the uncles, Ruslan has become a meme... Just one example below lol:

3u0d11.jpg

Thanks Bessie, for answering my question in the previous thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member