Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
April 19, 2013

'CAPTURED!!!' Boston police announce Marathon bombing suspect in custody

By Chelsea J. Carter and Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 9:07 PM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013

(CNN) -- The suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday night, bringing to an end a massive manhunt that virtually shut down the Massachusetts capital amid warnings the man was possibly armed with explosives.
Story and video at the LINK
ss130420marathonbombing.jpg

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205998"]Timeline and Media Thread[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9296338#post9296338"]Waltham, MA Triple Homicide, 12 Sept, 2013[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205632"]Thread #1[/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205759"]Thread #2[/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205965"]Thread #3[/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206125"]Thread #4[/ame][ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206270"]Thread #5[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206368"]Thread #6[/ame] [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206490"]Thread #7[/ame]

the transformation is complete: she's now the observant mother of religious martyrs

12:11AM BST 23 Apr 2013

Speaking in her first interview with British media, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, 46, said she was proud of her sons Tamerlan and Dzhokhar – whose father is a Chechen - and did not believe they were guilty of the devastating attack, which killed three people and wounded more than 170 on April 15.

Mrs Tarnaev, an ethnic Avar from the Russian republic of Dagestan, met The Daily Telegraph in its capital Makhachkala, a shabby town on the Caspian coast, alongside her husband Anzor, the young men's Chechen father. She said her son Tamerlan had never contemplated violence.

Mr Tsarnaev, 47, an intense man with cropped silver hair said that he had "thousands of questions" about the fate of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar, and that he and his wife planned to travel to the United States this week to "save" his younger son.

Mr Tsarnaev said he and his wife planned to bury Tamerlan with Muslim rites at a cemetery in Boston, or nearby.

"Tamerlan was a convenient person to hang this on because they'd already been monitoring him, and Dzhokhar just got dragged into it by chance," she said. "It's a big show, a spectacle. Americans love a show."

Mrs Tsarnaeva told The Daily Telegraph that she and her elder son had begun to explore their Muslim heritage together in mid-2011.

Asked for her thoughts on her surviving son, Dzhokhar, Mrs Tarnaeva added: "This is my pain. These are the children whom I brought up with dignity and whom I carried in my arms. And I am proud of what they are, and of what Dzhokhar is, because I believe they are innocent. I am not ashamed and I am ready to shout that to the whole world."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ubeidat-Tsarnaeva-says-sons-are-innocent.html

What did she say about 9/11? Sorry thread is moving fast and I missed that part
That info is back aways if not in another thread closed now.

It's your basic conspiracy theory stuff that's been around and debunked for years now

Perhaps the wife's parents were footing the couple's bills. Perhaps that's how TT was able to afford a mercedes and $800 shoes, amongst other material things.

and dropping $400 on fireworks in one day.

the transformation is complete: she's now the observant mother of religious martyrs

Speaking in her first interview with British media, Zubeidat Tsarnaeva, 46, said she was proud of her sons Tamerlan and Dzhokhar – whose father is a Chechen - and did not believe they were guilty of the devastating attack, which killed three people and wounded more than 170 on April 15.

Mrs Tarnaev, an ethnic Avar from the Russian republic of Dagestan, met The Daily Telegraph in its capital Makhachkala, a shabby town on the Caspian coast, alongside her husband Anzor, the young men's Chechen father. She said her son Tamerlan had never contemplated violence.

Mr Tsarnaev, 47, an intense man with cropped silver hair said that he had "thousands of questions" about the fate of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar, and that he and his wife planned to travel to the United States this week to "save" his younger son.

Mr Tsarnaev said he and his wife planned to bury Tamerlan with Muslim rites at a cemetery in Boston, or nearby.

"Tamerlan was a convenient person to hang this on because they'd already been monitoring him, and Dzhokhar just got dragged into it by chance," she said. "It's a big show, a spectacle. Americans love a show."

Mrs Tsarnaeva told The Daily Telegraph that she and her elder son had begun to explore their Muslim heritage together in mid-2011.

Asked for her thoughts on her surviving son, Dzhokhar, Mrs Tarnaeva added: "This is my pain. These are the children whom I brought up with dignity and whom I carried in my arms. And I am proud of what they are, and of what Dzhokhar is, because I believe they are innocent. I am not ashamed and I am ready to shout that to the whole world."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ubeidat-Tsarnaeva-says-sons-are-innocent.html

Pardon my French, but for the sake of all things holy, this woman in serious denial keeps speaking out of the hole where the sun don't shine.

BBM. TT was arrested for domestic violence against his gf in 2009. So what she says about his never contemplating violence flies in the face of the facts.

She said her son Tamerlan had never contemplated violence.

SERIOUSLY?? then what was the domestic violence thing about then? hitting a girlfriend??that's not considered violence??

They want to bury him in BOSTON?!!?! Are you freaking kidding me?! :furious:

Mrs Tsarnaeva, an observant Muslim wearing a black hijab gathered tightly under her chin,

i guess she changed too? looking at her old pictures, there were NO HIJAB what so ever.......the black and white family picture, the mug shot, NOTHING. i wonder when did she decide to wear a hijab all of a sudden...

I seriously doubt for one that his 800 dollars shoes were "real" and secondly I don't see a family from RI who worked hard for what they had, footing the bill for their son in laws over the top taste when he wasnt even working, yet their own daughter worked 70-80 hrs a week.....no way no how.

I disagree with that. It could be that KR has better job prospects than TT and therefore is the earner of the relationship. If TT goes to work, who looks after the daughter? I haven't seen anything to suggest he has qualifications that would demand a good wage so hiring a babysitter would mean he worked for nothing if not very little money.
I know that happends a lot in the UK anyway, one parent has to stay home because the cost of a babysitter is as much as they'd earn working. (I don't know if that is the case in this situation but JMO).

We don't know how often they actually saw TT (anyone see this mentioned anywhere?). They may not have been aware of how the couple spent their money.

I also think it is very usual for grandparents to give money to help the grandchildren or child if she is struggling. What parent would want their daughter to work 70 hours a week away from their 3 year old child?! It's harming their daughter and grand daughter. If they thought the grand child was going without I'd be sure they'd help.

For example my parents are not well off financially (definitely not in professions that earn like a nurse or doctor!) but when I had my daughter they saved a little pot of money for me to spend on her. They frequently buy her things just because they love her. I know if I couldn't afford to give her the basics they'd sacrafice all their comforts and treats to give her that money. JMO and my experience.

Perhaps they'd be more reluctant if they didn't like the changes in their daugher since she met/married him. They could be reluctant then but still you'd think they would do it for the grand child.

I'm not sure about the $800 trainers. They could be fake, but I'd think being so athletic minded he might think they were worth it? I can't make up my mind!

It's probably b/c of cost, to get him back to Chechnya and special regulations on such things, would be very expensive.

I do understand your outrage. If it is not against their beliefs, cremation would seem a better idea. Doubt a grave site will fare well, iykwim.

To say something of this sort right now....or ever...just goes to show how some people couldn't buy a clue if they tried.

i guess she changed too? looking at her old pictures, there were NO HIJAB what so ever.......the black and white family picture, the mug shot, NOTHING. i wonder when did she decide to wear a hijab all of a sudden...

Just my opinion, but I'm not sure she is (or ever was) a stable person. Just sayin'.

Just my opinion, but I'm not sure she is (or ever was) a stable person. Just sayin'.

Mental problems maybe? Did anyone check into whether she has any mental illnesses?
And why would a so called "lawyer" back home be doing facial and spa at home??

The mother is very strange. Everything I read she has said leads me to think SHE is a key problem. I keep thinking she is exagerating his actions and trying to make him look more of a 'big shot' (such as saying the FBI had spoken to him 5 times and they described him as a leader).

Maybe she wants to think of him as some mastermind. Maybe it's easier to think of your child as the leader of a just cause than a terrorist that kills innocent people. Just speculating.

FWIW I spoke earlier today with an old friend who worked for years as an ICU nurse. Asked her "Did you ever, ever hear an entubated person speak?" Her answer: "No, never. They cannot vocalize. But they can shake their head or "mouth" words. But no sound will come out."

So "Bomber #2" may be "communicating" - and I hope he continues to do so - but he is not speaking as long as he's on a respirator.

The mother is very strange. Everything I read she has said leads me to think SHE is a key problem. I keep thinking she is exagerating his actions and trying to make him look more of a 'big shot' (such as saying the FBI had spoken to him 5 times and they described him as a leader).

Maybe she wants to think of him as some mastermind. just speculating.

Maybe she thinks that they are losers and that this is a way that they will actually be famous? Maybe because TT's boxing career never got him anything and she wanted so much from him that she want to make him sound like he's something?

I seriously doubt for one that his 800 dollars shoes were "real" and secondly I don't see a family from RI who worked hard for what they had, footing the bill for their son in laws over the top taste when he wasnt even working, yet their own daughter worked 70-80 hrs a week.....no way no how.

BBM

I agree.

His Louis Vuitton shoes were probably cheap knock-offs. LV is a label that is commonly counterfeited, but it's apparent he wanted everyone to believe they were the real deal, since wearing them supported whatever status to which he aspired. I doubt they were genuine LV shoes, since this loser/terrorist had no job, let alone any job that would afford him authentic designer footware.

A visitor to the family home (who received facials from the mother for a short time) described TT's behavior as arrogant, swaggering, etc. TT sounds like someone who thought of himself as above others.

IMO, he was a deadbeat braggart who tried to portray himself as smart & successful, and he hoped that by wearing cheap knock-off designer shoes he would gain the shallow envy he sought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh