Steven Powell has been released as of 3/24/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
The father-in-law of missing West Valley City mother Susan Cox Powell is slated to be released from prison
less than a year after he was sentenced.

------------------------

According to the Washington State Department of Corrections,
Powell will be released from custody on May 23.

------------------

Steven Powell's original sentence was 913 days in prison, but he received several reductions:

135 days for good behavior while in jail
169 days because his offenses were non-violent
271 days of credit for time served prior to his conviction and sentence

The reductions left his total prison time at 338 days.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=24915956&n...-prison-in-may-&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-2

I sure hope somebody is waiting to follow him when he gets out.

If I were to type what I'm thinking, I would set a bad example for our members.

Let's just say, I am not a happy camper. :notgood:

169 days because his offenses were non-violent

This does not make sense to me... wasn't the nature of his offenses already taken into account and factored in when they gave him that sentence?

The father-in-law of missing West Valley City mother Susan Cox Powell is slated to be released from prison
less than a year after he was sentenced.

------------------------

According to the Washington State Department of Corrections,
Powell will be released from custody on May 23.

------------------

Steven Powell's original sentence was 913 days in prison, but he received several reductions:

135 days for good behavior while in jail 169 days because his offenses were non-violent
271 days of credit for time served prior to his conviction and sentence

The reductions left his total prison time at 338 days.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=24915956&n...-prison-in-may-&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-2

I sure hope somebody is waiting to follow him when he gets out.

BBM

This really pees me off this good behavior while in jail BS.

WHAT ABOUT THE VICTIMS! aaarrrggghhh

I guess we will see if they plan to do anything about him...
If they are going to charge him with anything else, they'd likely do it in the next month.
If he's released without being charged, odds are we will never see other charges. :stormingmad:

If I were to type what I'm thinking, I would set a bad example for our members.

Let's just say, I am not a happy camper. :notgood:

Maybe this will help, Kimster....

:gasp:

If anyone repeats this... I will deny it...

but there are some times when vigilante-ism sounds appropriate....

Just sayin...

:furious:

uggh. creepy creeper will be back out on the loose.

Shudder

He makes my skin crawl.

:no: I am stunned. I sure hope neighbors and neighborhood members are warned in advance to keep their curtains closed and females away from him.

:thud:

Hopefully LE has something up their sleeves...I would love to see him walk out to be cuffed again for first degree murder...

Can't believe this!
This man is dangerous. He needs to be locked up for the rest of his life.

I do not live in an HOA, nor have I ever lived in an HOA, so I don't know too much about them. What I do know is that they have covenants that can be pretty specific and strict. I know there were people putting up flyers for Susan in that neighborhood and the HOA made them take them all down.

Is it possible there is an HOA rule that would forbid a convicted felon from owning a house in the neighborhood? Especially a felon who was convicted of crimes against neighbors--especially children? And peeping tom crimes? Could the HOA forbid him from once again living in that home? Would love to see him have to sell and move away. Except I wouldn't wish him on any neighborhood. Maybe a single wide somewhere out in the woods. Away from civilized people.

Is he leaving having to register as a sex offender? That might do it for the HOA....it would depend on his restrictions, like if he had to be 800 yards from parks or schools.

I am hoping for a head game here. I am hoping he thinks he is free and clear and he steps out of the gate in front of a waiting throng...only to be cuffed for first degree murder and turned around.

Is he leaving having to register as a sex offender? That might do it for the HOA....it would depend on his restrictions, like if he had to be 800 yards from parks or schools.

I am hoping for a head game here. I am hoping he thinks he is free and clear and he steps out of the gate in front of a waiting throng...only to be cuffed for first degree murder and turned around.

This nut needs to be forced to remain 800 yards from any other human being! He's THAT creepy!!! My husband terrorizes me sometimes by singing this weirdo's crazy songs when I least expect it! LOL :scared:

Here's a little bit of sunshine to brighten your day
(as long as you don't click the links and see his pictures.)

Steven Powell won't be released May 23 after all

Steven Powell will remain in prison for at least another month and possibly longer.

Powell, 62, would have been eligible for early release from the Monroe Correctional Complex in Monroe, Wash., Thursday.
But under Washington state law, an inmate must first submit an "offender release plan" for approval.

------------------------

As of Wednesday, Powell had submitted his offender release plan to Corrections officials, but it was still in the process of being reviewed.
Even if it was approved this week, it would still be another month at the earliest that he would be released, Lewis said.

If an acceptable plan is never completed, Powell would remain in prison until April of 2014.
:please:

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=25208224&n...d-may-23-after-all&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-8

Steven Powell will not be released from prison next week

Once released from jail, Steven Powell won't be placed on parole, but he will have several restrictions and regulations he must abide by.
He also faces another trial scheduled in 2014; a civil suit filed by the family of his sex assault victims.

Powell's daughter, Alina, and son, John, have remained living in the house
since their father was sent to prison.
Terri Powell, Steven's ex-wife, has also been living in the house in recent months to help take care of her adult children, according to family members.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ased-from-prison-next-week.html?clear_cache=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82