NY - Seven-foot-tall head found floating in Hudson

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Mysterious seven-foot head found in Hudson River (sunnewsnetwork.ca)
A college rowing team found a seven-foot-tall head that looks like something out of ancient Rome floating in the Hudson River.

The head is made of Styrofoam and cased in fibreglass, and nobody knows where it came from.

It "looked like something out of a futuristic dystopian movie," Marist College Crew coach Matt Lavin told Newsday. "I thought it was Lady Liberty's head."

It could be from almost anywhere.
---
"It's a mystery we're trying to solve," said Greg Cannon, the college's spokesman.
---
more, with two pictures of seven-foot-tall head, at link above

Well... This certainly helped the rowing team to make the headlines!

:facepalm:

And.... I sure hope the rowing team won't let all this publicity go to their heads...

:groucho:

Kudos to Marist for employing coach who could use phrase "futuristic dystopian movie" in a sentence.

lol at one of the comments under the story....."maybe the team should stop now that they've gotten a head.....

I don't know about the hudson and if its possible but all the stuff from the sunami in japan is just now showing up on beaches in BC maybe thats where it came from .Im not sure about the water ways and if that's even possible but if it is its worth a look.

I wonder if the rowing team will be going into a new line of work...

Head Hunters.....?

:waitasec:

Mama always said you can't get ahead unless you go to college...

I don't find this story that odd. I would loose my head as well, if it wasn't attached.

Oh no..... The rowing team may just be " heading for a (water) fall"! :what:

No wonder! Their head is in the clouds!
(clouds, of course, referring to the mist coming off the falls you see them headed for)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back