Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25

thread #26

thread #27

Thread #28

thread #29

thread #31

Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35
Thread #36
Thread #37
Thread #38
Thread #39
Thread #40
Thread #41
Thread #42
Thread #43
Thread #45
Thread #46
Thread #47
Thread #48

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Please note that there will be no discussion of the radio show or pictures in this thread.

Please continue here. Please remember TOS, the guidelines for this case and please treat differing opinions respectfully.

Thanks,

Salem

Additional Notes:

A little clarification here. I will copy these "rule posts" and put them in the first or second posts of the thread for reference.

Information that came out on the Dr. Phil show may be discussed, but not the edited, rumored portions. What this means is that "history" that was brought up, may be discussed as long as it is linked to Dr. Phil.

We are not going back to visit old "he said/she said" stuff that happened around the time of the divorce. But... if it was brought up on Dr. Phil, where everybody had a chance to refute the charge or defend themselves, then it will be allowed with the Dr. Phil link.

Scanner thread info regarding searches may be linked up with brief comments about the info that the poster thinks is important.

Salem

Hey everybody - I just removed several posts discussing things that are OFF THE TABLE. We are on zero tolerance here - but I'm not going to TO everybody at this point, because it looked like you got yourselves back on track. Thank you for that, it is appreciated.

You may discuss Dr. Phil - BUT NOT THE RUMORED, EDITED PORTIONS.
You may not call MR an alcoholic or mentally disturbed, because we don't have facts supporting that (only rumors and opinions).
You may not accuse MR. You may speculate and/or theorize.
You may not attack our verified posters. If you disagree with them, that's fine. Move past their posts. If you have an honest question or need for clarification, you may ask for it RESPECTFULLY. If the verified poster chooses NOT TO RESPOND that's OKAY. Just like you, if they don't want to respond to a post, they don't have to.
And the discussion of what happened way back when before Dylan moved to Colorado Springs is OFF THE TABLE.

All other rules can be found right here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

As always, if you have a question, please pm a mod and don't derail the thread.

Thanks!

Salem

We are now on General Discussion thread 50 and still no sign of Dylan. :(

Please continue the general discussion here and, because this is a subforum, let's make topical threads for topics where it would be helpful to keep specific information together in one place.

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: Because this is a subforum, it is no longer necessary to link past threads in the first post. They can all be found in this area.

We are now on General Discussion thread 50 and still no sign of Dylan. :(

Please continue the general discussion here and, because this is a subforum, let's make topical threads for topics where it would be helpful to keep specific information together in one place.

Thanks,

Salem

ETA: Because this is a subforum, it is no longer necessary to link past threads in the first post. They can all be found in this area.

I was reading to catch up and went to reply to something else and the thread was closed and I was like wha-huh? I was lost for a minute.

Elaine Redwine told NG “If Dylan didn’t keep in touch with her and respond to her messages she would take his phone away so he would definitely always get in touch with her”. In Mark’s interview with MB, he said after Dylan moved to CS he contacted his son at least once a week but Dylan didn’t respond to his messages because his environment wasn’t conductive for that. Shortly after Mark picked up Dylan at the airport, Dylan stopped texting on his cell phone and it disappeared along with Dylan. The only text Elaine received from Dylan was right after Mark picked Dylan up at the airport.

“Tit for tat” is an English saying meaning “equivalent retaliation”. It is also a highly effective strategy in game theory for the iterated prisoner’s dilemma. The strategy was first introduced by Anatol Rapoport in Robert Axelrod’s two tournaments held in the
1980s. Notably it was both the simplest strategy and the most successful on both occasions.

An agent using this strategy will first cooperate, then subsequently replicate an opponent’s previous action. If the opponent previously was cooperative, the agent is cooperative. If not, the agent is not. This is similar to super rationality and reciprocal altruism in biology.

Starting about noon on Sunday, Dylan and Ryan carried on a constant stream of banter as the boys made plans to hang out as soon as possible. Mark claims Dylan wasn’t responding to his texts after he moved to CS and they had no real plans for the holiday. Mark said he didn’t know Dylan’s flight was rescheduled. Dylan was excited about seeing his friends, not his father, and Elaine won primary custody of Dylan shortly before Dylan attended a court-ordered visitation in November. Mark seems to be saying he never or seldom heard from Dylan after he texted him in CS. Mark also said he didn’t see Dylan again after they returned from their vacation in August until the custody hearing on September 21st.

Dylan immediately responded to the texts Ryan sent at 6:43 pm and 7:09 pm so why did it take Dylan 16 minutes, until 8:01 pm, to respond to the text Ryan sent at 7:45 pm?

At 8:01 pm Mark and Dylan were in the truck and close to home and as far as we know,
a crime was not committed in Mark’s house. Dylan didn’t answer Ryan’s text message at 9:27 pm yet in Mark’s interview with MB, he said Dylan was texting Sunday night while they were watching the movie and when he ran upstairs to bed around 10 pm. Afaik, none of these texts from Dylan were released by LE so did Dylan have his cell phone and was he texting during the movie? Mark said he was pacing the floor and could not concentrate on the movie but he told MB it was a really bad movie and he didn't know the name of it.

When Ryan asked Dylan why they couldn’t meet Sunday evening, Dylan didn’t know so imo Mark wasn’t being open and forthcoming with Dylan about what was really going on inside his head when he picked Dylan up at the airport and frankly in the picture of Dylan at the airport, he appears tense so maybe he was afraid how his father would react when he saw him and he wasn't sure what to expect from him.

Mark mentioned Dylan wasn’t allowed to play football when his mother moved him to CS because he needed a physical examination and he has stated several times publicly that Elaine is an unfit mother so Mark was actively fighting for custody of Dylan when he disappeared in spite of the Court’s decision.

None of this proves Mark hurt Dylan but it is strong circumstantial evidence.

MO

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html
vhttp://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687
Tit for tat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Elaine Redwine told NG “If Dylan didn’t keep in touch with her and respond to her messages she would take his phone away so he would definitely always get in touch with her”. In Mark’s interview with MB, he said after Dylan moved to CS he contacted his son at least once a week but Dylan didn’t respond to his messages because his environment wasn’t conductive for that. Shortly after Mark picked up Dylan at the airport, Dylan stopped texting on his cell phone and it disappeared along with Dylan. The only text Elaine received from Dylan was right after Mark picked Dylan up at the airport.

“Tit for tat” is an English saying meaning “equivalent retaliation”. It is also a highly effective strategy in game theory for the iterated prisoner’s dilemma. The strategy was first introduced by Anatol Rapoport in Robert Axelrod’s two tournaments held in the
1980s. Notably it was both the simplest strategy and the most successful on both occasions.

An agent using this strategy will first cooperate, then subsequently replicate an opponent’s previous action. If the opponent previously was cooperative, the agent is cooperative. If not, the agent is not. This is similar to super rationality and reciprocal altruism in biology.

Starting about noon on Sunday, Dylan and Ryan carried on a constant stream of banter as the boys made plans to hang out as soon as possible. Mark claims Dylan wasn’t responding to his texts after he moved to CS and they had no real plans for the holiday. Mark said he didn’t know Dylan’s flight was rescheduled. Dylan was excited about seeing his friends, not his father, and Elaine won primary custody of Dylan shortly before Dylan attended a court-ordered visitation in November. Mark seems to be saying he never or seldom heard from Dylan after he texted him in CS. Mark also said he didn’t see Dylan again after they returned from their vacation in August until the custody hearing on September 21st.

Dylan immediately responded to the texts Ryan sent at 6:43 pm and 7:09 pm so why did it take Dylan 16 minutes, until 8:01 pm, to respond to the text Ryan sent at 7:45 pm?

At 8:01 pm Mark and Dylan were in the truck and close to home and as far as we know,
a crime was not committed in Mark’s house. Dylan didn’t answer Ryan’s text message at 9:27 pm yet in Mark’s interview with MB, he said Dylan was texting Sunday night while they were watching the movie and when he ran upstairs to bed around 10 pm. Afaik, none of these texts from Dylan were released by LE so did Dylan have his cell phone and was he texting during the movie? Mark said he was pacing the floor and could not concentrate on the movie but he told MB it was a really bad movie and he didn't know the name of it.

When Ryan asked Dylan why they couldn’t meet Sunday evening, Dylan didn’t know so imo Mark wasn’t being open and forthcoming with Dylan about what was really going on inside his head when he picked Dylan up at the airport and frankly in the picture of Dylan at the airport, he appears tense so maybe he was afraid how his father would react when he saw him and he wasn't sure what to expect from him.

Mark mentioned Dylan wasn’t allowed to play football when his mother moved him to CS because he needed a physical examination and he has stated several times publicly that Elaine is an unfit mother so Mark was actively fighting for custody of Dylan when he disappeared in spite of the Court’s decision.

None of this proves Mark hurt Dylan but it is strong circumstantial evidence.

MO

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/03/ng.01.html
vhttp://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687
Tit for tat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't really see MR as being a Tit for Tat person. If that was his personality we would see a lot more firing off from him every time something negative is said about him, and in that sense it would be something negative. He is not firing off at anyone. The only time I have seen that is on DP. The negative remarks by ER, CR, and others were going on long before that. Also if you are going to use this as a possible reason why Tit for Tat could be a reason for him being slow to text Ryan it would probably be more along the lines of him blaming ER for Dylan not texting or talking to him, in which he try to stop Dylan from texting or calling ER during the visit. It doesn't seem in the quote above that he faulted Dylan for not communicating with him, but others at home.

And to answer your bolded question, it could be he was eating. I find it hard to text while eating, especially when eating greasy things.

Fifty threads in, nothing has convinced me Dylan would stop using his phone so early on Sunday unless it was broken, in which case I believe he would have informed his father. And if no working phone, I really do not buy that he would have set out on foot for any reason at all.

53,000+ posts about the case, and I bet if we made a list of all the facts we know about the case, it would not take too many pages.

I don't really see MR as being a Tit for Tat person. If that was his personality we would see a lot more firing off from him every time something negative is said about him, and in that sense it would be something negative. He is not firing off at anyone. The only time I have seen that is on DP. The negative remarks by ER, CR, and others were going on long before that. Also if you are going to use this as a possible reason why Tit for Tat could be a reason for him being slow to text Ryan it would probably be more along the lines of him blaming ER for Dylan not texting or talking to him, in which he try to stop Dylan from texting or calling ER during the visit. It doesn't seem in the quote above that he faulted Dylan for not communicating with him, but others at home.

And to answer your bolded question, it could be he was eating. I find it hard to text while eating, especially when eating greasy things.

Children and teens especially say "I don't know" or IDK very often in my experience - especially if they don't want to talk about something. I've never read anything sinister into that - what teen would go into detail in a text message about the reasons his dad may or may not have given for his decision? In real life he'd probably have a few choice words to say about it, but in a text? R seemed to get the message anyway.
:moo:

ETA woops sorry quoted the wrong post here! I was jumping off Bluesky's post really.

Thread 50 .........what a heart breaker.
Where are you Dylan?

It is impossible (at least for me) to figure out what is on LE minds. That doesn't seem to stop me from guessing, though. One possibility might be that they seem to know for certain that Dylan reached MR's house. But they can't figure out how he left. Maybe in the dark? Under his own steam or otherwise. If he didn't leave under his own steam, I think some good places to search within walking distance might be places mentioned in the MB interview. The campground at the end of the road or the bridge. If he left under his own steam at night, then I would think the main road, but that has been checked pretty thoroughly.

Children and teens especially say "I don't know" or IDK very often in my experience - especially if they don't want to talk about something. I've never read anything sinister into that - what teen would go into detail in a text message about the reasons his dad may or may not have given for his decision? In real life he'd probably have a few choice words to say about it, but in a text? R seemed to get the message anyway.
:moo:

I don't see anything sinister in it either. Nor do I see anything sinister in him taking 16 minutes to reply because there could be a dozen harmless explanations as to why he didn't immediately respond. I was under the impression that the last stop before the house was McD's through the drive thru, so I think there is a strong possibility that he was eating his food, but it could be other things, like he and his dad were talking about something, he was texting someone else and caught up in it, no cell service in a spotty area or he was on the phone with someone else. Remember the records came from Ryan, so we don't know about any of the other texts or calls there were that night.

When was it that MR talked to the postal worker? Was it before or after Dylan was reported missing? I can't seem to remember the details of that contact.

Thanks,

Salem

When was it that MR talked to the postal worker? Was it before or after Dylan was reported missing? I can't seem to remember the details of that contact.

Thanks,

Salem

I believe it was on Tuesday. She said he told her that Dylan had been never come home the night before. MOO

I believe it was on Tuesday. She said he told her that Dylan had been never come home the night before. MOO

That's my recollection as well. He had reported Dylan missing on Monday night, then told the postal worker on Tuesday when he saw her that Dylan hadn't come home the night before. HTH.

That's my recollection as well. He had reported Dylan missing on Monday night, then told the postal worker on Tuesday when he saw her that Dylan hadn't come home the night before. HTH.

except that we know he didn't report Dylan missing.

Dylan was reported missing on Monday, November 19, 2012, when Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, contacted the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office at about 5:30 PM to report that Dylan was missing from his father’s home in Vallecito. Mark Redwine, Dylan’s father, had previously contacted the Bayfield Marshal’s Office on the 19th attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan, and he then contacted Elaine asking if she had heard from Dylan.

and re the postal worker

According to the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office, on November 19, 2012, the day Dylan Redwine was reported missing, there was a reported sighting by a local postal worker indicating that Dylan was seen walking with another boy in Vallecito at about 2:00 PM. Investigators have identified and contacted these two young people and determined they have no connection to Dylan’s disappearance.

both from the press release by LE

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/report.php?p=9070775

I have nothing to say except I have not forgotten Dylan.
I read here every day a few times still, but mostly I'm at a loss for words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah