Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
April 19, 2013

'CAPTURED!!!' Boston police announce Marathon bombing suspect in custody

By Chelsea J. Carter and Michael Pearson, CNN
updated 9:07 PM EDT, Fri April 19, 2013

(CNN) -- The suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was taken into custody Friday night, bringing to an end a massive manhunt that virtually shut down the Massachusetts capital amid warnings the man was possibly armed with explosives.
Story and video at the [video=cnn;crime/2013/04/20/ac-vo-photo-of-boston-bombing-suspect-after-arrest.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-violence/index.html[/video]
ss130420marathonbombing.jpg

Still, U.S. officials are closely reviewing Tamerlan's 2012 visit to Dagestan, which his parents said he undertook ostensibly to visit family and to pick up a Russian passport. A family member told ABC News earlier this month that during his stay in Russia, Tamerlan was kicked out of the house after expressing his increasingly extremist views on religion.

Then, in July, he vanished, leaving that new passport behind and left Russia to return to the U.S. His sudden departure is now raising eyebrows as it came after a flurry of police raids in Russia that left both Plotnikov and Nidal dead.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/feds-...sian-militants/story?id=19072494#.UYANjkps98E

From the day his mom blamed the USA for taking her boys, I suspected her for teaching them to hate.
I was very pacient.... seems from what I have been reading - I am right. Is there a thread about horor mom here?
She is a jihadist. We so not want her in this country unless she wants a cell with her son with a LWOP verdict.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2335262783001/boston-bombers-mom-linked-to-radicalization/?&seek=209.719

http://news.msn.com/us/bombing-suspects-mother-who-is-she?ocid=ansnews11

Is it possible that little brother is the stereotype pothead and just kind of in la la land with all of it? Maybe not brought into the bombing plans until the last minute and was too naive to realize the severity of it?
From the beginning, it struck me odd how casual he was in the pictures and video. Just seemed like he was following big brother, having fun on an adventure (I know, poor choice of words, but how I'm wondering if it was from his perspective). He didn't seem to take it serious with his attire, backwards hat, smirk, casual walk.
Another sad reality is that so many of the next generation is becoming desensitized to trauma and violence. Mix that mentality with regular pot use, struggles at school, big brother influence, foreign ground (regardless of citizenship), over-the-top mother.

bbm - maybe the DNA was on the trigger or the circuit board. That's a whole different story ...

The female DNA was said to have be found on the pressure cookers. (Though a fingerprint may also have been found on the circuit board or other parts.)

Yes I thought about that too. I certainly would be scared of the family, and not only of them, but also of other radicals/terrrorists! She might end up on someone's hit list if she speaks out and reveals details that point to other people involved. Scary!!

Nevertheless, she should have been taken to FBI offices and officially questioned as a witness. She is one of the most important witnesses in this case imo. All :moo: ...

See, all this makes me suspicious. Negotiating for interviews, house search, the taking of the laptop and other things.

Yes we haven't read anything incriminating but that doesn't mean it isn't there. The lawyer seems to be very efficient, shielding her well from FBI and media.

:fence:

Yes, her lawyer is doing her job. If I were KRT right now, I have to admit I'd be doing exactly what my lawyer said, and speaking only with atty approval. KRT is between a rock and a hard place right now. She not only has to worry about enemy repercussions (if this is terrorist-related), but also repercussions with legal tangles. If she's innocent (and I'm leaning that way), she still has to be ultra careful with what she tells authorities and when. As someone who has had a close friend and her family interrogated by the feds in a capital murder case, I will tell you that even though LE are the 'good guys,' there are serious pitfalls to look out for when you're an innocent party close to the case. The feds' highest priority is in seeing the serious offender nailed--and unfortunately they may seem to say, promise, or imply some things and/or protections along the way to innocents that they may end up not carrying through on. This can sometimes be to the serious detriment of the innocent associate. Not dissing LE--it's just the way the system works. So having good legal representation immediately is ALL important in any big case...especially for innocent parties who may get themselves unknowingly into hot water due to naivete or inexperience.

"So really I guess the facts are just that: he was capable of violence, he could kill children and smile while doing it and never gave the slightest hint to even those he spent most of his time with, aside from his brother."

Yes, the FACTS are that he blew up human beings, including a small child. Despite the fact that he is "only" 19 years old.

How many 19 year old soldiers putting their lives on the line every day for our freedom do you think we might have right now? And to the older posters here - what were YOU doing in your life when you were 19? I was raising two children at 19. My late husband was in Vietnam, in combat, fighting a lousy war for our country.

I am getting really tired of hearing about how Younger Bomber is "only" 19. There have been plenty of 19 year old, baby-faced killers. And younger. I don't care if his pot-head friends think he was the nicest guy on the planet, the FACTS show us he is a murderer.

Why don't we all get real here?

As for the American wife, I'll believe she knew nothing and was working those 70-80 hours per week when her time cards and the results of an FBI administered polygraph are published. Anyone who has their lawyer "negotiating" with the FBI about interviews under these circumstances raises a great deal of suspicion, IMO. Sorry, that's just the way I think.

------------------

"As someone who has had a close friend and her family interrogated by the feds in a capital murder case, I will tell you that even though LE are the 'good guys,' there are serious pitfalls to look out for when you're an innocent party close to the case. The feds' highest priority is in seeing the serious offender nailed--and unfortunately they may seem to say, promise, or imply some things and/or protections along the way to innocents that they may end up not carrying through on. This can sometimes be to the serious detriment of the innocent associate. Not dissing LE--it's just the way the system works. So having good legal representation immediately is ALL important in any big case...especially for innocent parties who may get themselves unknowingly into hot water due to naivete or inexperience."

What kind of "pitfalls"? Define that specifically, please. Of course the highest priority of the Feds should be in seeing the offender nailed. What kind of things would they need to say, promise, or imply to innocents? What kind of "hot water" would someone who is totally innocent get into due to naivete or inexperience? I am not trying to negate the value of legal representation for anyone, but why, exactly, would/should an innocent party have a problem in dealing with FBI investigators?

Did the innocent parties do something they should not have done? Did they hide a fugitive? Lie to investigators? What?

Is it possible that little brother is the stereotype pothead and just kind of in la la land with all of it? Maybe not brought into the bombing plans until the last minute and was too naive to realize the severity of it?
From the beginning, it struck me odd how casual he was in the pictures and video. Just seemed like he was following big brother, having fun on an adventure (I know, poor choice of words, but how I'm wondering if it was from his perspective). He didn't seem to take it serious with his attire, backwards hat, smirk, casual walk.
Another sad reality is that so many of the next generation is becoming desensitized to trauma and violence. Mix that mentality with regular pot use, struggles at school, big brother influence, foreign ground (regardless of citizenship), over-the-top mother.

I had those exact thoughts too. Possible but unlikely I would say.

The female DNA was said to have be found on the pressure cookers. (Though a fingerprint may also have been found on the circuit board or other parts.)

Yes, her lawyer is doing her job. If I were KRT right now, I have to admit I'd be doing exactly what my lawyer said, and speaking only with atty approval. KRT is between a rock and a hard place right now. She not only has to worry about enemy repercussions (if this is terrorist-related), but also repercussions with legal tangles. If she's innocent (and I'm leaning that way), she still has to be ultra careful with what she tells authorities and when. As someone who has had a close friend and her family interrogated by the feds in a capital murder case, I will tell you that even though LE are the 'good guys,' there are serious pitfalls to look out for when you're an innocent party close to the case. The feds' highest priority is in seeing the serious offender nailed--and unfortunately they may seem to say, promise, or imply some things and/or protections along the way to innocents that they may end up not carrying through on. This can sometimes be to the serious detriment of the innocent associate. Not dissing LE--it's just the way the system works. So having good legal representation immediately is ALL important in any big case...especially for innocent parties who may get themselves unknowingly into hot water due to naivete or inexperience.

Thank you PiM for clearing the pressure cooker/bomb DNA question up. I must have overlooked those reports.

Yes I totally understand what you say in your last paragraph, she's gotten herself into a real sticky situation, even if she's completely innocent, and certainly needs a lawyer.

I will just employ a wait-and-see attitude. I'm sure the truth will come out soon.

I wonder what she has told her daughter - the little girl must asking where her father is. Very sad for her.

I was also married at 19, working Mon-Fri (on campus) and was a full-time college student...no kids. I made $2.10 an hour and sometimes "went grocery shopping" at one of the two sets of parents homes. Hubbie worked part-time, too and he was also getting his bachelor's. We ate a lot of beans, rice, bananas, creamed tuna on cheap white toast, and ramin noodles (until they literally made me vomit.) We rarely could afford to buy meat. Chicken and hamburger was pretty much all we could afford. I had student loans & a Pell grant. My parents paid for only my first semester. Once I was married they didn't pay for anything... well, except for the food we sometimes got.

One semester, when we lived in a rural college town, we had to get food stamps. They gave us $80.00 a month for two people. We had two roommates and right before we left and came back to the suburbs, our oil bill for heating the 100 year old two story house (3 weeks) was six hundred dollars!!! None of us could afford that. There were no international trips, either. We splurged and drove for day trips to the beach a couple times a year.

I had to stop & start school several times because somebody had to work full time. It took me getting a divorce to finally finish my undergrad degree. I was separated at age 23 and divorced by 25. We had to save money to pay for the divorce.

Things are different now. Everything is about immediate gratification.

JMO, but when you are living on a shoestring budget or off of other people's generosity, buying/owning things like designer/name brand shoes &, purses, smart phones, clothing accessories, jewelry and designer sunglasses really is inappropriate...unless they have been given to you as a gift.

Why are screencaps of other posters comments being taken & posted? I've been here for over 3 years, and don't recall anyone doing that when needing to quote someone's post.

Is something wrong with the quote function to necessitate screencaps of WS posts?

"As someone who has had a close friend and her family interrogated by the feds in a capital murder case, I will tell you that even though LE are the 'good guys,' there are serious pitfalls to look out for when you're an innocent party close to the case. The feds' highest priority is in seeing the serious offender nailed--and unfortunately they may seem to say, promise, or imply some things and/or protections along the way to innocents that they may end up not carrying through on. This can sometimes be to the serious detriment of the innocent associate. Not dissing LE--it's just the way the system works. So having good legal representation immediately is ALL important in any big case...especially for innocent parties who may get themselves unknowingly into hot water due to naivete or inexperience."

What kind of "pitfalls"? Define that specifically, please.

Temporary reply removed after a couple hours for sake of friend's privacy after AlwaysShocked had a chance to read it; I'll be happy to reply to those who didn't read response via PM if interested.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/30/us/boston-bombings-latest-developments/?hpt=hp_t2

Boston (CNN) -- Two weeks after twin blasts near the Boston Marathon's finish line, the story continues to develop -- including new insights and movement on the investigation, the victims and more.

Among those developments:

-- Investigators have discovered at least one fingerprint among the Boston bomb debris, a law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation tells CNN. There have been no matches yet, the official said.

Why are screencaps of other posters comments being taken & posted? I've been here for over 3 years, and don't recall anyone doing that when needing to quote someone's post.

I did it for the first time in this thread, b/c I've quoted the post about the pressure cookers a couple times, now, and b/c it contains multiple quotes with links and responses, it's easier for me to post and repost that way. (When you click 'quote' it only quotes what YOU posted, not the question.) Not sure if/why others might do it.

JustK: I hear you about the instant gratification.

I guess I am just getting totally disgusted by continuing to hear a murderer referred to as "a kid". Nineteen and twenty-six are not "kids". Again this afternoon on CNN some "guest commentatator" referred to the two bombers as "these kids".

To me, this is a disservice to the victims of these two killers. And yes, I did contact CNN to express my opinion on this issue.

I believe we are going to end up finding out that Older Bomber was up to his eyebrows with militant radicals when he was over there in Dagestan and that Mama was urging him on.

Younger brother? A laid back pothead who thought it "might be kinda cool" tp mosey on down to the Boston Marathon with his radicalized nut-case older brother and place a couple of pressure cooker bombs? Well he didn't seem to be too laid back when he was throwing home-made grenades at the police or when he was running over his brother at 60-80 miles per hour, did he?

We are lucky, lucky, lucky these two were caught when they were.

The American wife who married Older Bomber after he had already slapped her around and was calling her a "prostitute" and a "*advertiser censored*", according to her friends? I will not be surprised at all if it turns out that she saw things -like 6 new pressure cookers sitting in that grimy apartment. And hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks.

Wife is working 70-80 hours a week while hubby sits home? But there is money for foreign trips for hubby and expensive shoes for her? Give me a break.

I HOPE the FBI leans on her!

Thank you PiM for clearing the pressure cooker/bomb DNA question up. I must have overlooked those reports.

Yes I totally understand what you say in your last paragraph, she's gotten herself into a real sticky situation, even if she's completely innocent, and certainly needs a lawyer.

I will just employ a wait-and-see attitude. I'm sure the truth will come out soon.

I wonder what she has told her daughter - the little girl must asking where her father is. Very sad for her.

No problem! The tidbits of information are so many and varied it's hard to keep them sorted. Wait-and-see is about where I'm at right now, too. And I feel awful for that little girl. And what she might find on the internet in about 10 years. :(

JustK: I hear you about the instant gratification.

I guess I am just getting totally disgusted by continuing to hear a murderer referred to as "a kid". Nineteen and twenty-six are not "kids". Again this afternoon on CNN some "guest commentatator" referred to the two bombers as "these kids".

To me, this is a disservice to the victims of these two killers. And yes, I did contact CNN to express my opinion on this issue.

I believe we are going to end up finding out that Older Bomber was up to his eyebrows with militant radicals when he was over there in Dagestan and that Mama was urging him on.

Younger brother? A laid back pothead who thought it "might be kinda cool" tp mosey on down to the Boston Marathon with his radicalized nut-case older brother and place a couple of pressure cooker bombs? Well he didn't seem to be too laid back when he was throwing home-made grenades at the police or when he was running over his brother at 60-80 miles per hour, did he?

We are lucky, lucky, lucky these two were caught when they were.

The American wife who married Older Bomber after he had already slapped her around and was calling her a "prostitute" and a "*advertiser censored*", according to her friends? I will not be surprised at all if it turns out that she saw things -like 6 new pressure cookers sitting in that grimy apartment. And hundreds of dollars worth of fireworks.

Wife is working 70-80 hours a week while hubby sits home? But there is money for foreign trips for hubby and expensive shoes for her? Give me a break.

I HOPE the FBI leans on her!

19 is a "kid" to me. I don't really care what others were doing at that age, and I'm not sure why it matters. This was a kid who killed - why is saying that he was young a "disservice" to the victims? He actually was young, it's just a fact. So was Adam Lanza. Some people want to have the very human response of feeling that it was tragic for someone so young to be filled with so much evil. Just because other people on the planet were married, in the military, or the parent of a 5 year old when they turned 19 doesn't make this young college kid murdering others any less of a tragedy to some people.

Well, I didn't have any kids before I was 28 :D

The point is that many 19 -25 year olds, today, are either coddled, expect immediate gratification, or are not held accountable for their personal choices. I have a 26 year old who worked part-time, while graduating in four years with a degree in Social Work. My child was employed full-time at age 22, is 100% self-supported and that includes two pets.

We are just suggesting that it is time for more young adults to take more responsibility for themselves. At that age, with that much energy, there was no reason in the world that these two takers couldn't have jobs and go to school, too. It isn't that difficult. For, myself, at one point I had two part-time jobs and a full course load. What is so different now than from the year TT was born. (1986)

What the heck changed in the last 26 years?

Older Bomber:

Came to US when 16 - 2003.

Graduated from high school at age 21 according to articles. - 2008
(5 year time period. Working? Welfare? A hulking 21 year old who does not work?)

Community college but dropped out for boxing.

Won Regional Boxing Championship - 2009 (Working? Welfare? Domestic violence incident with girlfriend prior to wife. Uncle Ruslan last saw him and was concerned with his extreme Islamist views.)

Won Regional Boxing Championship - 2010 (Working? Welfare? Was not allowed to participate in country-wide championship matches due to no citizenship. And what delayed citizenship? Slapped wife-to-be, she married him anyways in June 2010.)

Daughter born - Late 2010- early 2011 (Working? Welfare)

Received welfare benefits - Sept 2011 through November 2012 (Per records released. Welfare benefits stopped due to increase in family income per records. The six months in Dagestan fell into this time period. Daughter would have still been very small - who leaves wife and very small child to go "visit with relatives and sit around and read books all day" as his father states?)

6 month visit to Dagestan - Feb - July 2012? Father already lived there. (Traveling on passport from Kyrgzystan per reports. Intention to obtain Russian passport but returned to USA prior to obtaining it due to imminent expiration of Kyrgyzstan passport. Had no valid passport at time of death.) Visited mosque on Friday nights with father, per father. Now turns out this was known militant mosque of several available.

June 2012 - Mother arrested for shoplifting/destruction of merchandise of $1600 worth of dresses and lingerie from Lord & Taylor. (Currently has outstanding warrant on these charges, which she states in TV interview is "not a problem". She also states that purchasing airline tickets for her and divorced husband to return to US is "not a problem".)

July 2012 - Older Bomber returns to USA, mother leaves USA for Dagestan (Is mother a US citizen? Relatives say she was "always going back to the US to visit her children". What kind of passport was she using?)

Other facts: Father claims Older Bomber spent his time during 6 month visit assisting him with "remodeling my apartment". Interview with neighbors in Dagestan say the work was to turn the first floor of the building into "a perfume shop" and that the father is known locally as "the perfume man". So father has the money to own a building to be remodeled into a shop AND he has the money to have a business AND he has the money for it not to be a problem to purchase two tickets from Dagestan to the US on short notice. And imagine, in the US he was supposedly working for $10/hour repairing cars.

Plus the father had "brain cancer" and has apparently survived it. Wonder what wonderful treatment he received in Dagestan for that "brain cancer"?

Is anything here starting to stink to high heavens to anyone but me?

Older Bomber:

Came to US when 16 - 2003.

Graduated from high school at age 21 according to articles. - 2008
(5 year time period. Working? Welfare? A hulking 21 year old who does not work?)

Community college but dropped out for boxing.

Won Regional Boxing Championship - 2009 (Working? Welfare? Domestic violence incident with girlfriend prior to wife. Uncle Ruslan last saw him and was concerned with his extreme Islamist views.)

Won Regional Boxing Championship - 2010 (Working? Welfare? Was not allowed to participate in country-wide championship matches due to no citizenship. And what delayed citizenship? Slapped wife-to-be, she married him anyways in June 2010.)

Daughter born - Late 2010- early 2011 (Working? Welfare)

Received welfare benefits - Sept 2011 through November 2012 (Per records released. Welfare benefits stopped due to increase in family income per records. The six months in Dagestan fell into this time period. Daughter would have still been very small - who leaves wife and very small child to go "visit with relatives and sit around and read books all day" as his father states?)

6 month visit to Dagestan - Feb - July 2012? Father already lived there. (Traveling on passport from Kyrgzystan per reports. Intention to obtain Russian passport but returned to USA prior to obtaining it due to imminent expiration of Kyrgyzstan passport. Had no valid passport at time of death.) Visited mosque on Friday nights with father, per father. Now turns out this was known militant mosque of several available.

June 2012 - Mother arrested for shoplifting/destruction of merchandise of $1600 worth of dresses and lingerie from Lord & Taylor. (Currently has outstanding warrant on these charges, which she states in TV interview is "not a problem". She also states that purchasing airline tickets for her and divorced husband to return to US is "not a problem".)

July 2012 - Older Bomber returns to USA, mother leaves USA for Dagestan (Is mother a US citizen? Relatives say she was "always going back to the US to visit her children". What kind of passport was she using?)

Other facts: Father claims Older Bomber spent his time during 6 month visit assisting him with "remodeling my apartment". Interview with neighbors in Dagestan say the work was to turn the first floor of the building into "a perfume shop" and that the father is known locally as "the perfume man". So father has the money to own a building to be remodeled into a shop AND he has the money to have a business AND he has the money for it not to be a problem to purchase two tickets from Dagestan to the US on short notice. And imagine, in the US he was supposedly working for $10/hour repairing cars.

Plus the father had "brain cancer" and has apparently survived it. Wonder what wonderful treatment he received in Dagestan for that "brain cancer"?

Is anything here starting to stink to high heavens to anyone but me?

OOPS, you left out the fact that the parents bought an apartment for the sole purpose of having a place for the children to stay when they visit. Wonder why the two lawyers aren't practicing law? Or are they? Or is either really a lawyer?

Can somebody give me a quick update? Any word from KRT's lawyers since the DNA testing yesterday/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123