New Newsday article about the case 4/30/13

WI1987

Reaction score
Wow, I have not been on here in ages but I found this gem on Newsday.

www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk...-of-shannan-gilbert-s-disappearance-1.5172463
I don't think we are allowed to post full articles but I will post some snippets since Newsday requires an Optimum Online account for access:

"Time may pass and she's not been with us but that doesn't mean that we will . . . forget," said Mari Gilbert, of upstate Ellenville. She said she's received no updates on her daughter's case for almost a year.
The SCPD is not known for their long attention span. They don't even seem interested in solving the murder of one of their own (but I will leave this to our friend Hackshaw).

Police recently returned to the scene. Last March, a missing Queens Village woman's car was found abandoned not far from where the first four bodies were found. Nassau and New York City police found nothing except personal effects. Authorities said the case of Natasha Jugo, 31, was not tied to the Gilgo killings.
So she has been located???? That's news to me ... how do they know if it was not related if she is still missing?

Gilbert's body was the last one to be found. She was discovered in Oak Beach. The cause of death is undetermined.

Gilbert's body is still being held at the Suffolk County medical examiner's office per her mother's request while she tries to raise $15,000 to have her daughter's autopsy redone by an independent forensic examiner.

Basically it has been 3 years and this case has gotten nowhere :banghead:

I don't think we are allowed to post full articles...
Why not, who says? Not that it could be very interesting, as Tania Lopez is a phony reporter who wouldn't reveal a scoop if it was attached to the end of an ice cream cone.

They don't even seem interested in solving the murder of one of their own
I don't understand this sentence; was a policeman murdered?

So she has been located???? That's news to me ...
No, she hasn't been located, the sentence you quote refers to her as "missing". They announced immediately, as soon as the story hit, that there was no connection to Gilgo.

Wow, I have not been on here in ages but I found this gem on Newsday.

www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk...-of-shannan-gilbert-s-disappearance-1.5172463
I don't think we are allowed to post full articles but I will post some snippets since Newsday requires an Optimum Online account for access:

The SCPD is not known for their long attention span. They don't even seem interested in solving the murder of one of their own (but I will leave this to our friend Hackshaw).

So she has been located???? That's news to me ... how do they know if it was not related if she is still missing?

Basically it has been 3 years and this case has gotten nowhere :banghead:

If at any time you are unsure about the rules, please send your questions to a moderator in a pm.

WS has a strict copyright rule. We can copy and paste up to 10% of an article, and we must include a link. I know from my own experience, the for-fee articles are a pain because sharing a link doesn't do much good if you're not a subscriber, or willling to pay for news. We can, however, summarize the remaining 90% in our own words if we choose to do so for the benefit of the other members.

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lash505/263559964/in/photostream"]Natasha at Haven Motel 6805 Woodhaven Blvd. Queens NY | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Is it just me, but does THIS Natasha look hauntingly familiar?

Natasha at Haven Motel 6805 Woodhaven Blvd. Queens NY | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Is it just me, but does THIS Natasha look hauntingly familiar?

Looks similar. The photographer is fairly well known for taking erotic/fetish type pics with female models. You can see his site watermarked on that photo. FYI the shoots are staged scenes...at least that's what they say. I'm not going to dig further on him as I have heard of his work years ago and highly doubt it...but. If anyone finds something good, let us know. =) You can start on modelmayhem.

Thanks for your comment PickleChris.
I was thinking if this pic is of Natasha who is missing, then it appears to me that she was in "the business" one way or another or at least involved in that world as a model. That would be one more H U G E coincidence.

I apologize for posting it in this thread, I know it doesn't belong here, but I saw this and I was like "OMG" and wanted to post it asap.

Looks similar. The photographer is fairly well known for taking erotic/fetish type pics with female models. You can see his site watermarked on that photo. FYI the shoots are staged scenes...at least that's what they say. I'm not going to dig further on him as I have heard of his work years ago and highly doubt it...but. If anyone finds something good, let us know. =) You can start on modelmayhem.

Funny this should come up, because I'm digging into the photographer angle now. Not this particular photographer, but let's just say (for now, anyway) photographers in general. It's probably one of the most interesting ideas I've tackled in this case.

I agree with Chris...for anyone interested in persuing this line of sleuthing, Model Mayhem is a good place to start.

I've been on that site looking for a long time now. Is there any confirmation that GB4 were on that site? Any modeling social network site?

I've been on that site looking for a long time now. Is there any confirmation that GB4 were on that site? Any modeling social network site?

Maureen did. Not Model Mayhem, but a different site. Don't know about the others, but I suspect that all of them would have hopped on a modeling job that paid well.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back