Suspected spider bite led to illness of Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman, dead at 49

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman dies at 49
(AP/Kansas City Star)

LOS ANGELES — Jeff Hanneman, a founding member of Slayer whose career was irrevocably changed after a spider bite, has died. He was 49.
---
The guitarist had recently begun writing songs with the band in anticipation of recording a new album later this year. He had been slowly recovering from what was believed to be a spider bite that nearly cost him his arm after he failed to seek immediate treatment.
---
Slayer spokeswoman Heidi Robinson-Fitzgerald said it's believed the spider bite contributed to the failure of Hanneman's liver, but it is unclear whether an autopsy will be scheduled.
---
more at the link above

I found out about this yesterday. I saw Slayer in concert (!!) in '86 for the Reign in Blood tour with my metalhead boyfriend. Hanneman would only have been 24 at that time. I was always impressed that the band kept on going, touring and putting out albums. I've toned down my music since then but admit that I listed to R.I.B. not too long ago. RIP Jeff.

Slayer star Jeff Hanneman died of alcohol-related liver scarring

The statement reads, “We’ve just learned that the official cause of Jeff’s death was alcohol related cirrhosis. While he had his health struggles over the years, including the recent Necrotizing fasciitis infection that devastated his well-being (after a spider bite in 2011), Jeff and those close to him were not aware of the true extent of his liver condition until the last days of his life.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/1...nneman-died-of-alcohol-related-liver-scarring

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back