Charles Ramsey - An Unexpected Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

norest4thewicked

True Crime Writer
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I wanted to start a thread here for Charles Ramsay, the hero who helped Amanda Berry and her daughter get to safety!

I read that he is a dishwasher at a restaurant. He seems like a very "real" American and I personally love this part of the story. Of course I am ecstatic about the young missing girls who were found. But, I wanted to say a special thank you to Charles because if he hadn't been there and if he hadn't done what he did, these young women would still be in that house of horrors.

Thank you, Charles Ramsay! You ROCK!!!:seeya:

An absolute character, seems very genuine. Who was the guy that also helped? Angel, I think, he ran across the road at the same time. Both of them did great to help Amanda out of that house!

An absolute character, seems very genuine. Who was the guy that also helped? Angel, I think, he ran across the road at the same time. Both of them did great to help Amanda out of that house!

Yes, Charles is a character and seems like a great guy! I had never heard of another person helping. Thanks for adding that info. :)

Ordinary person doing an extraordinary thing. God bless Mr Ramsey. Rick Warrens book "Purpose Driven Life" came to mind when I heard about this story.

When I saw his first interview I thought "this is America!"

Thank you for overcoming your fears and doing the RIGHT thing, Charles! WAY TO GO! :rocker:

Yes, Charles is a character and seems like a great guy! I had never heard of another person helping. Thanks for adding that info. :)

His name is Angel Cordero.
"Angel Cordero, one of two men who helped Ms. Berry escape by kicking in the door, said that she had appeared ragged — her clothes dirty, her teeth yellowed and her hair “messy” — and that the child with her had looked “very nervous,” as though she had never seen anything outside the house before."
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/08/us/cleveland-kidnapping.html?_r=0

I'm not surprised Charles R. stepped up and played big. "There are heroes all around us all the time," as President Obama said in his first visit to Joplin MO after the deadly tornado, paying tribue to the notable acts of courage and decency.

I love this guy!!
Both gentlemen are absolute heroes!!

Thanks Charles!! Thanks Angel!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4[/ame]

They just said on Fox 8 that he was swept up in a limo and taken to who knows where!

He is totally an unexpected hero. His truth's and passion were undeniable. I hope only good things come to him; in his future. His tape and off the cuff comments were just meant to go viral. You cannot turn away once he starts to tell that tale! It's an amazing thing that has happened. and yes, most of us really don't know our neighbors, at all. Not any more. People always say how could this happen, and I always say..."humans". Some are monsters, monsters do exist. They are human and they stalk. I have a horrific feeling that Mknight; may be very damaged in her mind and in the years she was held. I have this feeling she is broken. I hope that she gets the help she needs, I hope they all do. But three cheers Totally for Charles Ramsey; a household name! Our hats go off to you dude, for your willingness to not turn away.

They just said on Fox 8 that he was swept up in a limo and taken to who knows where!

Excellent! Everyone should be swept off in a Limo at least once in their lifetime! *I hv been too* I'm so happy to hear this; and I hope only the best for him and his family. Kudos, just huge huge Kudos, as he IS a Hero. No denying that.

947277_10151568619874347_194162857_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd....x480/947277_10151568619874347_194162857_n.jpg

:)

Despite any stereotypes, he is funny, witty, intelligent, and entertaining. Props to him for abandoning his food to help, for his candid remarks about the lack of compassionate operators on 911, and for keeping it 100% clean in his interviews on GMA and CNN. The icing on the cake was when he showed Anderson Cooper his paycheck and told him that the girls should get the money if there was a reward. He disputed his title of hero, saying he was just a good Christian person who puts his pants on the same way you and I do.

JMO: he deserves some kind of recognition, free McDonalds food for life and an appearance on Letterman :D

:clap:

I love me some AC, and I LOL'd when he was interviewing Charles because I got the impression that AC was sorta intimidated by him

I'm sure everyone is going to hate me for raining on their Charles parade. I do believe he helped Amanda. I also believe he was not the only one, but he is a master at spinning the story for entertainment. I happen to think he is an add-on hero, but that is just my observation of the stories I have read and the continuing news that surfaces. I will not be surprised to find out that Charles has embellished his part in the rescue and has neglected to mention the part that anyone else might have had.

That being my opinion, I respect everyone elses.

People need to stop turning Charles into a meme, using him in stupid YouTube videos, etc. I don't care what your intention is...Stop turning him into entertainment because he is poor and black. He's becoming a caricature.

Unfortunately, I do think the sentiment towards Charles is going to do a 180 soon. Not just because of the criminal record or because of the rumors that his story isn't what it seems, but I've noticed that whenever there is someone in the media who is getting universal praise, the media and the public always turn on them.

I'm sure everyone is going to hate me for raining on their Charles parade. I do believe he helped Amanda. I also believe he was not the only one, but he is a master at spinning the story for entertainment. I happen to think he is an add-on hero, but that is just my observation of the stories I have read and the continuing news that surfaces. I will not be surprised to find out that Charles has embellished his part in the rescue and has neglected to mention the part that anyone else might have had.

That being my opinion, I respect everyone elses.

Just wondering...do you know him personally? It kind of sounds like you would have to know him personally to make such a blanket statement about him.

People need to stop turning Charles into a meme, using him in stupid YouTube videos, etc. I don't care what your intention is...Stop turning him into entertainment because he is poor and black. He's becoming a caricature.

Unfortunately, I do think the sentiment towards Charles is going to do a 180 soon. Not just because of the criminal record or because of the rumors that his story isn't what it seems, but I've noticed that whenever there is someone in the media who is getting universal praise, the media and the public always turn on them.

Well, whatever happens, this thread is still going to remain about him and the fact that a lot of us do feel he is a hero. He's just like any other person who is unknown and then suddenly becomes famous, for whatever reason. He is up for scrutiny. The fact still remains that he helped pull Amanda and her daughter out of that house. If there was someone else there, it's up to them to make that known. He was there...he helped pull her out. That's enough for me.

Yes, that is already happening. CNN is raising questions, saying neighbors say a man named Angel was involved as well and Charles is getting all the credit. This is true, and as I watched the first interviews with Charles live on television they also had Angel on for an interview. Our local affiliate had a Spanish speaking reporter who interviewed Angel whose account was IIRC compatible with what Charles said. In those first interviews Charles also acknowledged Angel going over there as well, and even said that Angel started walking over first. I think the media ran with Charles as "the" hero because he was the more colorful character and because he spoke English. There is no question that Charles was involved, as he is the one on the 911 call, and the one who spoke English so he is the only one who could have communicated with Amanda. However, he was not the ONLY one involved. Totally support Charles, but kudos go out to Angel as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail