Support for Michelle Knight

song22

Reaction score
Michelle Knight is one of the three missing women held captive for over a decade in Cleveland, Ohio. She was terribly brutalized and seems to not have as robust a support network as the other girls. Her family life before her abduction was tragic already. If any of you would like to brainstorm with me privately ways to show support (ie cards of encouragement) <modsnip>. I would like to use this page to discuss Michele Knight's case. I would also like to share a facebook support page I have created:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prayers-and-Support-for-Michele-Knight/242744432535439

Thank you.

Hi Song, i love your idea of the facebook page but you spelt her name incorrectly, It is Michelle with 2 l's

I'm not sure I heard everything correctly this morning. I thought I'd heard her surviving family lived in Florida and were trying to reach her but as of yet none of her family has met her in Ohio. Did I hear that correctly?

Hi Song, i love your idea of the facebook page but you spelt her name incorrectly, It is Michelle with 2 l's

I keep seeing it both ways! But I think The media may have settled on Michelle. How do I change the spelling in the forum header? Anyone know? TIA!

I'm not sure I heard everything correctly this morning. I thought I'd heard her surviving family lived in Florida and were trying to reach her but as of yet none of her family has met her in Ohio. Did I hear that correctly?

I know that her twin brother has visited her in the hospital... It was rumored that because of pre-abduction tension between her and her mother that she wasn't fond of seeing her at this time. I also believe I read that Michelle's mother had agreed to do an interview with some network and they paid for her expenses to Ohio. I'm going to go look for a link to back that up!

Yes, from what I saw the other is in Florida. A brother visited her in the hospital. I will post some media links about her in a minute.

I keep seeing it both ways! But I think The media may have settled on Michelle. How do I change the spelling in the forum header? Anyone know? TIA!

on the opening post..

click the edit button in the lower right corner
click on "go advanced"

you will then be able to edit the header title.

It sounds as if she has some disabilities and I hope her mother is able to take her to FL and start a new life. I can't see any other way for her if she doesn't. I felt so sad to know she was beaten so badly. The rescue tape was almost too much to hear. It made me cry.

It sounds as if she has some disabilities and I hope her mother is able to take her to FL and start a new life. I can't see any other way for her if she doesn't. I felt so sad to know she was beaten so badly. The rescue tape was almost too much to hear. It made me cry.

I really don't know if her mother will be or can be a good support for her. Apparently Michelle and her brother were abused by her mother's boyfriend as children. Michelle also lost custody of a child and the mother has said she feels responsible for that as the Mother's boyfriend was abusing the child. The mother then moved away to Florida. How can you move away when your child is missing? She also does not own any photographs of her child to share with media. Really sad stuff. I will try to dig up links for all this but it is all msm.

I think it's nice to show support for Michelle. The other two girls have loving family members and were able to go home. It doesn't even appear Michelle has anywhere to go. Family members were looking for the two other girls-and Amanda knew that. Doesn't appear anyone looked for Michelle much, if any.

Amy Davidson in The New Yorker, interesting as always:

Michelle Knight, missing
This broke my heart. I want this woman to have a life. Is that too much to ask? just a good life with people who love and want her. These stories are gut wrenching and so devastating, but she survived , so there's hope.

I think it is a great idea unless Michelle requests it be taken down.
Someone needs to support her.

I think it is a great idea unless Michelle requests it be taken down.
Someone needs to support her.

Thanks! If Michelle wants it taken down or if anyone close to her wants to take it over, I will hand it over for sure.

It's been great to see the balloon launch, prayer vigil (tonight), and Anderson Cooper reporting more on Michelle. That's great. Looks like local folks are trying to get ore done for her.

I DESPISE facebook.
Like seriously DESPISE it.

But if I would be honored that anyone cared enough to comment support to me.
Whether it was just "someone cares about YOU too."
Or whether it was to donate money, or time, or launch balloons.

If someone cared enough to create an entire page just for me??
That would be AMAZING!
(I'm one of those people you wouldn't bother having a funeral for. No one would show up anyway.)

I feel very strongly that Amanda and Gina are NOT the only victims here.
Seriously. Michelle needs that support too. :twocents:

Please, don't take it down unless Michelle herself complains about it.
If she doesn't even know about it then it obviously isn't going to bother her.

Not to mention, it being out there might reach the right person!
These facebooks for people have resulted in serious help for people. (Houses, car, money, food, donated.)

Please, do not take it down. :please:

Thank you so much MCFacetious!

I really appreciate ALL your thoughts on the facebook page! I feel a little uncomfortable though, because I meant this thread to be about Michelle! Maybe you can pm me with any facebook suggestions, but we could just use this forum to talk about Michelle or offer support and prayers for her? I hope I don't sound snarky or anything. I just didn't mean to start a debate about facebook!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back