Who is Ariel Castro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMSHood

Admiral-Class Battlecruiser
Reaction score
In note, Ariel Castro claimed he was sexually abused as a child
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...ro-claimed-he-was-sexually-abused-as-a-child/

A Cleveland man allegedly confessed years ago in writing to taking the three women he's accused of raping and holding captive and said that he was abused as a child and raped by an uncle, CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton reports.

According to a law enforcement source, Ariel Castro apparently contemplated committing suicide in the lengthy, handwritten note discovered in his house from which the women - Amanda Berry, 27, Gina DeJesus, 23, and Michelle Knight, 32 - escaped Monday.

According to the source, Castro wrote about his whole life, saying that he was abused by his parents as a child and that he was raped by an uncle.

His horrible childhood is no excuse for what he did. There are many people who have been abused who do not turn out to be evil like him. I see him no differently from Jerry Sandusky, Jimmy Savile, Gertrude Baniszewski, or Osama bin Laden. :crazy: :stormingmad:

I moved the above post out of the Castro brothers thread so discussion about Castro can continue.

My husband and I go to a Hispanic church and our pastor is from Puerto Rico. A man in our Sunday School class is also from Puerto Rico and he once lived in the same neighborhood as Ariel Castro and he still visits there. He is a close personal friend of the Castro brother's uncle who owns a store a half a block or so from where Ariel lived and where he held the girls/women. Our SS friend talked to the uncle of the Castro brothers on the phone this past weekend and said the uncle is devastated by what has happened and in disbelief. Our friend said the uncle opened his store to the neighborhood once a year and let the people take anything they wanted free as his way of giving back to the neighborhood. The uncle is a good Christian man with deep religious beliefs and a very close knit family. Kids always played in his store and on the streets in the neighborhood and the store was sort of a local hang out and there was salsa music playing there. Our friend said his own daughters used to play there, in the store and in the street. Our friend doesn't know Ariel Castro and his brothers personally, but the family members he knows he said are wonderful, loving people. So, how did Ariel turn out the way he did?
We prayed for the 3 women, the daughter, and also the brothers in Sunday School today. Its sad for the uncle, now about 70 years old, to know that his nephew did something so horrible. I don't know if he has other uncles too or not, as our friend mainly knows this one uncle that owns the store.

The timeline and profile pic upload indicates that this is his legit FB page. It's fairly sparse, though.

well, one thing we know about Ariel Castro, is that no matter where he goes, he wreaks havoc. He was a terrible husband and abused his wife mercilessly, and it seems he is just as bad a father as he was a husband. Look how his daughter turned out... in prison for trying to kill her baby, reportedly because she thought her family was out to kill them? And now here are these 3 women and no telling what else will come out. A lot of people said there were no warning signs and that he was a good person, etc., but IMO, there were red flags all over the place. No one that knew his background, should be surprised. One thing I'm curious about though is this...I read a report that an acquaintance saw him with Amanda's daughter and when asked who she was, Castro identified her as his girlfriend's daughter? I don't understand his psyche at all, but is it possible that in his twisted mind he did see Amanda as his girlfriend? And if he did, did he also see the other women as girlfriends? Oh boy, that's messed up.

The guy who kidnapped Elizabeth Smart believed she was one of his wives.
So why would it be surprising if Castro believed the women were his girlfriends?

I hate to admit this, because I consider myself a good judge of character, (usually overly suspicious), but from what I've seen, I don't think I would necessarily be scared of this man. He looks like a nice, normal person, even good natured in some pictures! I know evil doesn't have a face and wolves hide in sheep's clothing, but nothing about his appearance, not even his eyes, gives off an evil vibe. To look so normal on the outside, but be so evil on the inside is a lethal combination. Those poor girls didn't stand a chance. He probably greeted them with a warm smile, offered them a ride, and the rest is history.

Recorded interview with Castro’s daughter, conducted at an Indiana prison by a private investigator.

Emily Castro, who is serving 25 years in prison for attempting to kill her 11-month-old daughter with a knife, told private eye Chris Giannini that she now realizes that as a teenager, she was used by her father as a pawn in the kidnappings of Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus; who, along with Michelle Knight, were allegedly held captive by Ariel Castro for a decade.

http://fox8.com/2013/05/14/i-team-exclusive-recorded-interview-with-castros-daughter/

I think Castro is a natural born killer. Imo it mattered not if he was abused as a child or not ...he is just evil. Again, Imoo.

Don't know what happened in that family but without question, something awful. The brother's sure cleaned up "pronto" but at the time of their booking they looked more heinous and revolting than he did. Not living the healthy life for sure.

Mamma Bear (the mother) sure gave her son the finger in less than 10 seconds flat when she got into her car to go home after police questioning.

Nice family.

NOT.

moo

Ariel Castro's alleged abuse, sadism is all too common
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/10/world/opinion-ragan-abuse/index.html

In fact, although Castro may be a more extreme example, there are aspects of his alleged pathology that are all too common.

What I mean by the first item is that the clues to understanding Castro is to look at the totality of his adult functioning, and to look at his developmental years growing up.

In Castro's case it may be as he got older, he progressed from predominantly intrafamilial violence to kidnapping adolescent girls whom he controlled through systematic physical and sexual violence.

We don't know yet if drug or alcohol abuse played a role in promoting violent behaviors. But sociopathy appears to explain some of Castro's psychology. He seemed to have the sociopathic "charm" to drive up to adolescent females on the street and convince them to get into his car.

Ariel Castro: Relatives portray Ohio kidnap suspect as paranoid, violent, angry
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...-suspect-as-paranoid-violent-angry-88684.html

But those who know the 52-year-old Castro are speaking up, saying he was often angry, paranoid and prone to violent outbursts against the now-dead mother of his adult children. He frequently beat her, played bizarre psychological games and locked her indoors, they said.

The stories, repeated in separate interviews with The Associated Press by members of Castro's extended family, have surprised people who knew him as a musician who played bass in several bands around Cleveland the last two decades.

Miguel Quinones, manager of a group Castro played with twice as a backup bass player about five years ago, said he had nothing bad to say about Castro based on his own experiences.

He probably is a paranoid psychopath with sadism. Similar to Eric Harris, Fred Phelps, and Osama bin Laden. Like them, they are very paranoid and rageful. Just my opinion.

I don't necessarily believe anything in that suicide note that was found. He could have left it for the girls to find and read as some sicko mental control tactic. Hopefully prosecutors will refute the note if and when defense attorneys try to gain sympathy.

Something I'm kind of curious about...I was wondering why he kidnapped more than 1 girl. Was this part of a plan or did he play it by ear? It seems contradictory that he he would be compelled to enslave multiple young girls, but after they grew up, to not go after other young girls. We may never get answers to these questions, but I'd like to hear what a psychologist thinks about this. I've been wondering if there is the possibility that he has other victims hidden somewhere else? It doesn't seem so, but I'm not convinced there weren't other victims before or during this time. I also read an early report that said before he was arrested, he was at his mother's working in her garden? If he had access to her yard and was digging, has her yard been processed?

Something I'm kind of curious about...I was wondering why he kidnapped more than 1 girl. Was this part of a plan or did he play it by ear? It seems contradictory that he he would be compelled to enslave multiple young girls, but after they grew up, to not go after other young girls. We may never get answers to these questions, but I'd like to hear what a psychologist thinks about this. I've been wondering if there is the possibility that he has other victims hidden somewhere else? It doesn't seem so, but I'm not convinced there weren't other victims before or during this time. I also read an early report that said before he was arrested, he was at his mother's working in her garden? If he had access to her yard and was digging, has her yard been processed?

I wonder about that too. Perhaps he could of killed some of his victims................... :maddening: :notgood:

Grimilda Figueroa, in a 2005 court filing, told police that Castro beat her repeatedly, twice breaking her nose, her ribs and dislocating each of her shoulders. She also suffered a blood clot on her brain because of the attacks, according to the court filing. Figueroa died last year.

Police reports indicate he attacked her Sept. 30, 1989, when one of Castro's brothers arrived at his home and wanted to go out with him. Figueroa asked where they would go. That's when Castro became violent, according to the police report. He slapped her several times in the face, the report said. When Figueroa tried to run, he grabbed her and slammed her several times into a wall and several more times into a washing machine, the report said. She was treated for a bruised right shoulder. She told officers that Castro, who had been her common-law husband for nine years at that point in their relationship, assaulted her several times, but she filed no official complaints. No charges were filed in the 1989 attack.

On Dec. 27, 1993, Figueroa reported that Castro threw her to the ground, hitting her in the head and face and kicking her in the body, according to a second police report. Figueroa's son bolted out the front door, and Castro chased after him. Police later arrested him on domestic violence charges. Two months after the attack, a Cuyahoga County grand jury did not return charges in the case. A court docket does not indicate why.

On Nov. 29, 1994, a property owner reported that Castro tried to attack him with a shovel, a police report shows. The property owner had a rental property near Castro's home on Seymour Avenue. The property owner asked what had happened to a chain-link fence that was missing. Castro, according to the report, flew into a rage and grabbed a shovel.
Again, no charges were filed.

On May 16, 1996, a Cleveland man told police that he took Figueroa's children to a bus stop. Castro drove up behind the man and stopped his car. Castro, according to the police report, got out of his car and began swearing and told the man "that he had better watch himself,'' the report said. When the Cleveland man got out of his car to talk to Castro, Castro got back in his car and roared off. The man said he believes that Castro would have struck him if he didn't move out of the way, according to the report.
No charges were filed.

Four months later, Castro drove to a home on Governor Road, where a former neighbor lived. The neighbor, who had sued Castro over an issue involving property, told officers that Castro drove over to the former neighbor's new home and screamed an obscenity at him.
No charges were filed.

Police also detailed an incident involving Castro's job as a bus driver for Cleveland schools. In January 2004, a special education student at Wade Park Elementary School was left on Castro's bus after another student was dropped off, according to a Cleveland police report. The student said Castro drove to a Wendy's restaurant and told the student to "lay down b----" while he went inside to eat. He then took the student home. Officers went to Castro's home, but he wasn't home.
He was not charged.

The last report involved a threat to Figueroa. In 2005, one of their daughters was to testify in a criminal case in Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court. The girl didn't want to travel from her home in Fort Wayne, Ind., to testify. Castro, according to police reports, called Figueroa on Aug. 25 and told her: "I'm going to go to Fort Wayne and bring [the girl] back and beat your [expletive] in front of her.''
Again, no charges were filed.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/05/ariel_castro_police_reports_re.html#incart_m-rpt-2

another friend of Arlene/Gina when they were in middle school said that Ariel Castro was her bus driver "also" and would "wink" at her.

Friends have said Ms Castro, Ms DeJesus and a third girl Kayla Rogers were best friends at Wilbur Wright Middle School in Cleveland and known as the 'The Three Musketeers' because they were inseparable. "We used to hang out on Gina's porch,' Ms Rogers told NBC. 'We had a couple sleepovers.'
"We were gossips. Gossip girls." Ms Rogers said she lost contact with Ms Castro and the pair hasn't spoken for about a decade.

"(Ariel Castro) was my bus driver, also," Ms Rogers said. 'He'd wink at me and… ugh."

http://www.news.com.au/world-news/d...ss/story-fndir2ev-1226639008389#ixzz2TYHtkfKd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail