GUILTY IL - Four Owen kids, ages 5-12, die in arson fire, Percy, 10 May 2013

*~Aimee~*

A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes
Reaction score
UPDATE: 4 Children Killed, Suspect Charged in Illinois Fire

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/05/10/house-fire-in-randolph-county-il-kills-4/

PERCY, Ill. (KMOX) - An alleged arson fire at a house in southwestern Illinois killed four children Friday morning.

At a press conference Friday afternoon, Randolph County State’s Attorney Jeremy Walker identified the dead as Ethan Owen, 12, Kailey Owen, 9, and twin brothers Brandon and Landon Owen, both 5.

Man charged with murder in arson deaths of 4 kids in southwestern Illinois

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_70897fa7-d183-5115-8e6a-a95e9f421d9a.html

PERCY, Ill. • Four children died in a fire that raged through their home early Friday — one purposely set, authorities say, by a man now charged with four counts of murder.

The victims, all members of the Owen family, were identified as Ethan, 12, Kailey, 9, and twins Brandon and Landon, both 5. Authorities said four others escaped the blaze: parents Matthew and Natasha Owen, a fifth child and an 18-year-old female relative. The surviving child was treated at a hospital for smoke inhalation.

Attachments

• 428375_10151616144309312_1470196855_n.jpg
    428375_10151616144309312_1470196855_n.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 36
from one of the links above:

The grandmother told neighbors that a gas can was found in the yard and tires on two vehicles had been slashed. Authorities declined to confirm that statement, but said they had received 35 tips from the public by midday Friday.

I presume that this is why they quickly figured out the arson.

How horrific. Four children gone. The agony those poor parents must be going through.
:cry:

aw jeez. Hate to read this. Why? Someone apparently has a big grudge, presumably against one of the adults in the household at the time of the fire :(

in the comments it said he got the wrong house and was wanting someone who stole his laptop.....not sure if that is true but that would be awful. it is bad any way.

Over a laptop?!
Seriously?
christ on cracker that's insane.

You can get decent laptops for like, $400.
And there's things like Icloud where you can backup all your files online.

This is a really f*cking sad story.

I'll look for the comment and post...I don't want to be in trouble with the MSM rule and it isn't on a news link. It is in the comment section of one I read last night.

I wonder where they will do this trial? I would love to go to either this one, the Gee family, or the Kramer family one. None are close to here though. Is the Gee one in Peoria? ThatI think is a hour and half from me.

I live in Steeleville, Il , which is not even a five minute drive from Percy. The rumors right now are flying. I've heard the laptop story, but can't vouch for the truth in it. Today, the eighteen year old girl who survived came into the store with some relatives. She seemed to be holding together, but the lady she was with said she blames herself for not being able to do more to save the kids. Poor girl. She already did more than many older adults by trying to go in to save them.
I will post updates as they come out, but I don't want to jeopardize the case they are building, so I won't disclose anything I think is sensitive. There have been a lot of investigators around the area and I did read an article on the Belleville News Democrat website that stated that the coroner had determined the children died from smoke inhalation.
Whatever the reason this man committed this crime for, it was a very sick act of evil.

Village in grief

Funeral services for four young children who died in a house fire Friday morning have been set for Tuesday. Meanwhile, the tiny community of Percy is struggling to come to grips with allegations the fire was intentionally set.

The four were reportedly sleeping upstairs, while their parents and another brother were sleeping downstairs and a 19-year-old cousin in the basement, when fire broke out around 2 a.m.

http://thesouthern.com/news/village-in-grief/article_06f73a62-babc-11e2-958b-0019bb2963f4.html

Man accused in Percy, Ill. blaze that killed 4 children makes first court appearance

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Man-accused-in-deadly-Ill-blaze-headed-for-court-207164171.html

Randolph County prosecutors charged Derrick Twardoski on Friday with four first-degree murder counts linked to the blaze early that day in Percy, a village 60 miles southeast of St. Louis.

During the hearing, Twardoski wore a suicide smoke without clothes on and only sandals on his feet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back