GUILTY CA - Cedric Holland for attempted kidnapping of 7yo girl, Sacramento, 2013

time

Reaction score
Girl escapes kidnapper's car trunk in Sacramento

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/13/5417247/girl-escapes-kidnappers-car-trunk.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento County authorities are praising the quick-thinking of a 7-year-old girl who was kidnapped off the street and thrown into her abductor's car trunk, but managed to escape.

Sheriff's Department Sgt. Jason Ramos said the girl was walking with her mother and two siblings in south Sacramento on Saturday afternoon when a man pulled up next to the family, grabbed the girl and drove off.

Ramos says the man had traveled only a couple of blocks when the girl jumped out of the trunk while the car was moving. She suffered scrapes but was otherwise uninjured.

He says investigators don't want to reveal how the girl freed herself from the trunk because it might give kidnappers ideas for how to thwart escapes by future victims.

The man was a stranger to the girl and her family.
I didn't see a thread for this

That must have been quite a scare for the girl and for her mother and siblings. I'm so glad she got away. I hope the kidnapper is found quickly before he can grab another child. It was pretty bold of him to grab her when her mother was right there.

Where is her father?
I realize the man who took her is a stranger, but could her father have had him do it?

Wow, what a smart little one. So very glad she is safe.

I cannot believe he grabbed her right there in front of mom in broad daylight!!!:eek:

Where is her father?
I realize the man who took her is a stranger, but could her father have had him do it?

That would be less frightening I guess than thinking some pedophile or sex trader kidnapped her.

I am trying to figure out the mechanics of it all. How does he grab the girl, pop the trunk, put her in and close it, then go to drivers door and drive away, while Mom was right there?

Did he have a weapon or an accomplice?

I am trying to figure out the mechanics of it all. How does he grab the girl, pop the trunk, put her in and close it, then go to drivers door and drive away, while Mom was right there?

Did he have a weapon or an accomplice?

I think two of her siblings were with her and mom. Maybe mom was distracted and the 7 year old was a bit ahead or behind them? IDK, good question.

I think two of her siblings were with her and mom. Maybe mom was distracted and the 7 year old was a bit ahead or behind them? IDK, good question.

She must have been walking in front of or behind her mom, far enough away that mom couldn't struggle with him.

He says investigators don't want to reveal how the girl freed herself from the trunk
because it might give kidnappers ideas for how to thwart escapes by future victims.

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/13/5417247/girl-escapes-kidnappers-car-trunk.html#storylink=cpy

Covey said the little girl explained how she managed to escape from the trunk of the car.

"When he snatched her, he threw her in, and he tried to close it,
but he didn't close it all the way 'cause of her leg, her foot was still there,"
Covey said.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/244997/2/7-year-old-girl-escapes-from-trunk-after-kidnapping

So, let me get this straight.
The cops don't want to say "the dumba$$ didn't put her leg all the way in the trunk."
Because that might be a clue to other would be abductors?

I mean, I do realize that abductors are not always the brightest bulbs in the shed.
But MOST of them realize that your victims whole body should be in the trunk before you close it, right?

Isn't this like kindergarten stuff here?
"Keep your arms and legs in the ride at all times."
This guy shouldn't be too difficult to find... :seeya:

Brave girl for jumping out of a moving car.
I wonder when Mr Smarty Pants realized she was gone? :scared:

Officer Michele Gigante, spokeswoman for the Sacramento Police Department, said city police have talked with sheriff's investigators and are trying to determine whether the abductor in this case was the man involved in a similar incident about 3:55 p.m. Wednesday at Honor Parkway and Bill Bean Circle in the North Natomas area. In that case, Gigante said, an 11-year-old girl was walking home when she was approached by a man in an SUV who got out and told her to get in the vehicle.

The girl ran away.

The description of the man – an African American in his 20s, with long hair – is similar to that of the man in Saturday's kidnapping, although the vehicles were different.
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/14/5417955/girl-escapes-from-kidnapper-in.html

They need to find this guy. He's going to strike again.

Yes, and he'll probably get better at it. Ugh, I just hate thinking there are people like that out there looking for children or even young adults to kidnap.

Good lookout, time.

Poor child. Good for her being wise enough to get out of that trunk.

She is actually very lucky she managed to escape.
If they don't catch the offender soon, next child might not be so lucky.

Sacramento police release sketch in attempted kidnapping case

Sacramento police released a sketch today of a man who reportedly ordered an 11-year-old girl into his car in North Natomas last week.

On Wednesday, the girl was walking home in the area of Honor Parkway and Bill Bean Circle about 4 p.m. when a man pulled up in a black sports utility vehicle, according to police. The man got out of the car and ordered the girl to get in, but she ran and told her parents what had happened.
The man was described to police as a black man in his 20s with dark blue eyes and long black hair. A police sketch artist worked with the 11-year-old to create the sketch, pictured at left.
Police are still investigating whether the incident is linked to the kidnapping of a 7-year-old girl in south Sacramento County over the weekend. In that Saturday afternoon incident, Sacramento sheriff's detectives say a man grabbed the girl, who was walking along 47th Avenue near Stockton Boulevard with her mother, and forced her into the trunk of his car.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/archi...ease-sketch-in-attempted-kidnapping-case.html

Please note... this is a sketch from witnesses in the second attempted kidnapping, e.g., not the 7 year old who escaped from the trunk.

Anyone with information about the identity of either suspect is asked to call Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP, or to text in a tip to 274637 with "SACTIP" followed by the tip information.

Callers cam remain anonymous and might be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.

Kimster... thank you for changing the title to reflect the "Active Search"!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back