How?

DarlieFan4Life

Reaction score
I've seen a ton of messages here from people who think Darlie Routier is guilty. I don't understand how anyone who has put any time into investigating the evidence can think she's guilty. I've been researching the case since '98 or '99 & I have to admit that when the story was gonna be on 20/20 I was thinking "Aww Another Susan Smith" But I quickly changed my mind.

DarlieFan4Life said:
I've seen a ton of messages here from people who think Darlie Routier is guilty. I don't understand how anyone who has put any time into investigating the evidence can think she's guilty. I've been researching the case since '98 or '99 & I have to admit that when the story was gonna be on 20/20 I was thinking "Aww Another Susan Smith" But I quickly changed my mind.
That's strange, cause I started out thinking she was innocent, and by the time I was done looking into it, I changed my mind!

IrishMist said:
That's strange, cause I started out thinking she was innocent, and by the time I was done looking into it, I changed my mind!
Me, too, Irish. I have made my share of weak arguments for innocence, but after awhile you have to look at the evidence and it plainly shows that she had blood on her hands. (sorry for the pun) When all the smoke clears away, the only thing left is little Damon's angelic face. One can only imagine what thoughts were in his mind as he took his last breath. How betrayed he must have felt.

When this first happend I totaly believed in her innocents as well but after the trial and reading the trial trancripts my opinon totaly changed I beleive that she is guilty as sin.

Darliefan, welcome!

I started following this case the day it happened. I live in the area so it was all over the news. I followed the trial, articles, books, transcripts, etc. I am very objective on these things because I truly believe in "innocent until proven guilty". There are a many people that jump to conclusions before they know any facts. Those people get under my skin like nails on a chalk board.

However, in this case, I fully believe in her guilt. I don't base this on the birthday party video, nor do I base it on her behavior. (though I will say her behavior helped her none when she didn't tend to her dying kids) However, when you look at the forensic evidence and the complete lack of evidence of an intruder, you must look at the possibility that someone inside the house is responsible....and everything points toward Darlie.

I'm not saying the cops did everything right but I find it very difficult to believe that they would have framed an innocent mother. It's not easy to believe a mother could do this but it seems to happen all the time. It's tragic. As a mother, I cannot comprehend it.

When you look at Darlie's case and the fact that any version of the story she's told about what happened that night hasn't be in tune with the evidence, it becomes even that much more far fetched to believe she's not hiding something or guilty of something.

The evidence that hits me hardest in this case is:

1. The blood splatters on her gown. Now it was proven in court that it was scientifically impossible for those spots to have gotten there manner in which they did if Darlie was where she said she was. Experts testified and demonstrated how this blood got there....unfortunately, the evidence places Darlie sitting above her children, thrusting a knife down into them.

2. The fibers from the screen found on the knife that was still in the kitchen, in the butcher block. One cannot dismiss this. If the intruder fled through this window like Darlie says he did (or "they" did) then how is it that he used the knife from the butcher block in the kitchen to cut it and then placed it back when he was finished?

3. Lack of foreign DNA. One cannot dismiss this either because this place was a blood bath. No foreign foot prints inside or outside the house? No blood outside the house? No witnesses seeing someone breaking in or leaving and no signs that the gate had been messed with?

4. Blood was cleaned up. The investigators found that blood was cleaned from the sink, counters, and the couch. Do you believe the intruder was trying to be "neat"? I don't buy the "wet towel" theory. Not only did nobody see her actually get the wet towels, but there were no signs of wet towels at the scene. There were dry bloody towels, but no wet towels. Darlie wasn't soaked in water and neither was Darin or the boys. If Darlie had seen something on TV that wetting towels helped stop bleeding then why didn't she wet the towel she was holding to her own neck?

5. Darlie's wounds were superficial compared to the boys. I'm sorry but having bruises on your inner arms doesn't suggest to me that she was attacked. When someone's attacked with that kind of force then she would have had a bruised face, neck, stomach, etc. I'm sorry but I've never heard of an intruder pouncing on the inside of a woman's arms. The slice on her neck was superficial and the doctors even testified it was a "hesitation" wound, which strongly suggests self infliction.

Those are just 5 of many of the reasons why I believe Darlie is guilty. IMO the things like her bruises, the sock that was found down the ally, etc. don't help Darlie because her wounds weren't anywhere near the same as the boys and the sock had no foreign DNA on it. It has the boy's blood and Darlie's DNA. To me, that does not suggest intruder either.

Just my thoughts.

DarlieFan4Life said:

Hi and welcome. I've read the transcripts, all of the appellate documents, all of the books on this case, all of the media coverage and every website there is about the case. I don't understand how anyone could read all of that and come to the conclusion that she's anything but GUILTY. So, since you can't understand how I reached my conclusion and I can't understand how you reached your's, we get to the part where we just have to agree to disagree and move on. :) :) :)

Hi Darliefan4Life.... I'm on the fence leaning towards innocent but I have lingering doubts.... I used to be 100% certain she was innocent until I started reading everything here and asking more questions.

Still, there are things that don't make sense.... that could lean toward her innocence AND I STRONGLY feel because there are some strange unanswered things.... she should not be on death row period!!!

I also believe the husband is strongly involved....

Jeana (DP) said:
Hi and welcome. I've read the transcripts, all of the appellate documents, all of the books on this case, all of the media coverage and every website there is about the case. I don't understand how anyone could read all of that and come to the conclusion that she's anything but GUILTY. So, since you can't understand how I reached my conclusion and I can't understand how you reached your's, we get to the part where we just have to agree to disagree and move on. :) :) :)

Hey, Jeana -- do you have a good website you can suggest for me to learn more about her crime? I'd like to become more acclimated with this case -- getting bored with ISP (LOL)...

ISPTRAX said:
Hey, Jeana -- do you have a good website you can suggest for me to learn more about her crime? I'd like to become more acclimated with this case -- getting bored with ISP (LOL)...

Here ya go!

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/

This is her official website. Good place to view the transcripts and post-judgment/appellate motions. As you may expect, its slanted towards her innocence.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/guiltyascharged/messages/?start=Start+Reading+>>

This forum is a little “unorganized,” but the posters know this case better than anyone (except maybe the family and the prosecutor’s office). They’re very intelligent and don’t mind trying things out at home to see if they can be done!!!! LOL Oh, and several of them are also Websleuths members!!

Also, try to find the book “Media Tried, Justice Denied” by Christopher Wayne Brown. He’s a moron and can’t forumulate a sentence and can’t spell worth a crap, but the photos are worth the price of the book, but be warned, they’re bloody, graphic and show everything. VERY hard to look at and should never be looked at by a child.

Jeana (DP) said:
Here ya go!

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/

This is her official website. Good place to view the transcripts and post-judgment/appellate motions. As you may expect, its slanted towards her innocence.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/guiltyascharged/messages/?start=Start+Reading+>>

This forum is a little “unorganized,” but the posters know this case better than anyone (except maybe the family and the prosecutor’s office). They’re very intelligent and don’t mind trying things out at home to see if they can be done!!!! LOL Oh, and several of them are also Websleuths members!!

Also, try to find the book “Media Tried, Justice Denied” by Christopher Wayne Brown. He’s a moron and can’t forumulate a sentence and can’t spell worth a crap, but the photos are worth the price of the book, but be warned, they’re bloody, graphic and show everything. VERY hard to look at and should never be looked at by a child.

Wow, Jeana, thanks. I did find a site that outlined the chain of events. How awful and it does seem a bit too convenient that she didn't do it. I'll check out your sites, too. Thanks!

ISPTRAX said:
Wow, Jeana, thanks. I did find a site that outlined the chain of events. How awful and it does seem a bit too convenient that she didn't do it. I'll check out your sites, too. Thanks!

You're very welcome!!! Holler if you have questions.

My two cents. (Again.)

I would really like for Darlie to be innocent, because I can't conceive of a young mother doing such an horrific thing.

But I've read all the books (with the exception of Patricia Springer's), looked at the evidence, read a fair portion of the trial transcripts (I'll finish after I finish writing my novel), and looked at the various Darlie Web sites.

I just don't see how she could be anything but guilty.

Jim

Hi DarlieFan4Life,

What evidence convinces you of her innocence? That's always a good starting point for discussion on the case.

JimPence said:
I just don't see how she could be anything but guilty.

Jim
I totally agree, Jim. And the more she tries to prove she didn't do it, the more guilty she looks. I am referring specifically to the hypnotic session that presented two intruders, not just one, and how they seemed to be matched to the questionable evidence rather than the blood evidence. Like the negroid hair, etc.

Goody said:
I totally agree, Jim. And the more she tries to prove she didn't do it, the more guilty she looks. I am referring specifically to the hypnotic session that presented two intruders, not just one, and how they seemed to be matched to the questionable evidence rather than the blood evidence. Like the negroid hair, etc.
Is there a transcript or anything about the hynosis session? I looked on the Darlie site, and didn't see it.

The hypnosis report is available for download at www.justicefordarlie.net (or 'Just Darlie' as we like to call it!). Despite the fact that the report is over 8 pages long there is less than 1 page about what Darlie said whilst under hypnosis.

Dani_T said:
The hypnosis report is available for download at www.justicefordarlie.net (or 'Just Darlie' as we like to call it!). Despite the fact that the report is over 8 pages long there is less than 1 page about what Darlie said whilst under hypnosis.
Thanks, Dani. I'll look again. I hate to be a pain in the butt (no matter WHAT the IrishMister will tell you...) but is it labelled hypnosis report? I seriously have looked for it a couple of times, maybe it's right in front of my face.

Dani_T said:
'

I had forgotten where I saw that. It's been a while.

IrishMist said:
Thanks, Dani. I'll look again. I hate to be a pain in the butt (no matter WHAT the IrishMister will tell you...) but is it labelled hypnosis report? I seriously have looked for it a couple of times, maybe it's right in front of my face.

Hmm you know you're right. I can't find it anymore either. Isn't that interesting they must have taken it down. I don't appear to have a saved copy on my computer either. Do you Goody?

From memory it spend a long time talking about the hypnotic process, warning Darlie that it wasn't 100%, complaining about the prison officials who were interrupting them and then about 1-2 paragraphs about what she remembered under hypnosis. I THINK she said something about waking up on the couch with one of them over here and then struggling and falling down on top of Damon (Goody??? Remember anything more specific). She definitely indicated there was now two intruders involved.

Pity it has been removed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back