Zahau Family Sues County for Additional Evidence

Thank you Lash for the new thread and for organizing all the docs!

:yourock:

Parents Think Daughter Was Murdered

Snip -

A forensic pathologist and a retired homicide detective have concluded that Zahau was the victim of a homicide, the parents claim.

Under California law, "the parents and siblings of a murder or suicide victim are entitled to the prompt return of property when no longer needed as evidence," the complaint states.

They also want to look at Zahau's digital cameras, her cell phone, and ropes, knives, paintbrushes, a candle and the bedroom door that displayed the painted message.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/05/14/57605.htm

Snip -

A forensic pathologist and a retired homicide detective have concluded that Zahau was the victim of a homicide, the parents claim.

Under California law, "the parents and siblings of a murder or suicide victim are entitled to the prompt return of property when no longer needed as evidence," the complaint states.

They also want to look at Zahau's digital cameras, her cell phone, and ropes, knives, paintbrushes, a candle and the bedroom door that displayed the painted message.

Maybe we already knew this and I forgot>>>

"...with a blue Massimo T-shirt tied three times around the noose, with the tail stuffed in her mouth as a gag"

Snip -

There is an error in that article they might want to fix:

"Adam Shacknai, identified in national news stories as Jonah Shacknai, is an Arizona pharmaceuticals tycoon"

Does anyone remember how long it took the court to answer DS when she requested material from Max's file? It might give us an idea on the turn around time for the Zahau family to receive an answer. Not a complete comparison, but maybe a general idea.

Does anyone remember how long it took the court to answer DS when she requested material from Max's file? It might give us an idea on the turn around time for the Zahau family to receive an answer. Not a complete comparison, but maybe a general idea.

Dina filed the first lawsuit on March 22.
http://www.ecoronado.com/profiles/b...es-county-for-son-s-autopsy-photos-0420121106

Confusing article on Patch dated June 27, 2012 states:

A San Diego Superior Court judge on Friday granted Max Shacknai's mother access to photos taken during the autopsy that followed the boy's July death.

Dina Shacknai, an Arizona resident, , after officials refused an earlier request for the photos.

In the initial April 10 hearing in the case, to the release of the photos.

http://coronado.patch.com/groups/ed...ders-release-of-shacknai-boy-s-autopsy-photos

If go by these 2 articles, first request on March 22 was denied. Second request was April 10. Judge granted access to photos on June 27. Is that 67 days? Not sure if this answers the question.

Gore and Wagner have until June 7 (30 days) to respond to the Zahau request IIRC.

Has anyone heard anything about this? How long does the court process take? How do we find out if there has been a ruling? I check the new website for updates and it appears that they've extended the time for donations, which is good...

This poor family needs to have answers, I hope that we find some soon when the court rules. Hopefully someone can tell us how long that is expected to take.

Isn't the statute of limitations for filing a wrongful death two years?

If so, I believe that time period ends in just over a month from now.

In both MS and RZ cases, I wonder who/if anyone will file and, if so, against whom?

Has anyone heard anything about this? How long does the court process take? How do we find out if there has been a ruling? I check the new website for updates and it appears that they've extended the time for donations, which is good...

This poor family needs to have answers, I hope that we find some soon when the court rules. Hopefully someone can tell us how long that is expected to take.

I thought above in this thread someone mentioned the court had 30 days to respond? I believe the court has responded, but not with a decision. If you look at the case records there is a Civil Case Court Conference scheduled for November 1, 2013.

image.jpg

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/

Case Number: 37-2013-00047752-CU-MC-CTL

It appears that CP has pulled all two years worth of articles from their site. I wonder why in the world they would do that. Thoughts anyone?

ETA: Ok, you can still see the ones I clicked on from older posts, but if you search "Rebecca Zahau" on their search tool, no results are found. Just last week I was able to pull them up. Just color me confused.

It appears that CP has pulled all two years worth of articles from their site. I wonder why in the world they would do that. Thoughts anyone?

ETA: Ok, you can still see the ones I clicked on from older posts, but if you search "Rebecca Zahau" on their search tool, no results are found. Just last week I was able to pull them up. Just color me confused.
You're right. They're gone from the search function. Also noticed that Jennifer is no longer editor. Hmmm...

Just heard back from CP new editor. They are experiencing temporary technical difficulties with their search function. Nothing nefarious.

In the meantime, while we anxiously sit on the fence waiting, the clock is ticking. I feel like a pawn in a chess match, waiting to see who will make the next move...
:fence:

I hope Jennifer Vigil is reporting somewhere now. She came under a lot of fire for printing all those articles. I really hope that once this all comes out that her reporting is remembered. She's always been gracious and never took a side, but she reported the facts, which is much more than can be said about a lot of other people who initially covered this story.

DITTO! I hope JV is doing well. She didn't "initiate" any of the mysterious circumstances regarding this high profile story. Heck, one day she is covering/publishing community service events and through no fault of her own, finds herself in the middle of sensational/national/international interest stories, that even the most experienced journalist's would find challenging.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back