Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
AVail.jpg

Annette Michelle Craver Vail

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Missing Since: October 22, 1984

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'6" -- Weight: 115 lbs -- Hair Color: Lt. Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Annette has a small scar on her forehead near her hairline.

Annette was reported missing by her mother after she had been out of contact for several weeks. Annette's husband told police that the last time he knew of her whereabouts, she was boarding a bus in St. Louis and was going to Mexico, however this information has never been confirmed. She was last seen by a relative in Sulphur, Louisiana, around October 5, 1984 before the alleged camping trip. Foul play is suspected.

Doe Network

Charley Project

Not Annette, but her husband's previous wife. Well, one of them.

Vail charged with murder in 1962 drowning of wife

Felix Vail arrived in Lake Charles on a Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office plane late Friday night.

Vail, charged Friday with second-degree murder in the 1962 death of his wife Mary Horton Vail, was arrested Friday afternoon in Comal County, Texas.

[snip]

Mary Horton Vail was 22 years old when she drowned in the Calcasieu River.

[snip]

Vail is also the last person to see two other women alive — a girlfriend, Sharon Hensley, was last seen in Sulphur in 1973, and another wife, Annette Craver Vail, was last seen in 1984.

More: http://www.americanpress.com/news/local/Vail-charged-with-murder-in-1962-drowning-of-wife

13 Apr 2014 - The Clarion-Ledger:

Vail's ex-wife raises more questions about suspected killer

A former wife of serial killer suspect Felix Vail says he kept surgical saws in a secret compartment in his car — a detail that has caused authorities to wonder if other women could be victims.

http://tinyurl.com/mj7wh5s

Annette resembles the actress Jennifer Lawrence. The eyes/smile.

Sadly, I think her husband took her life before she was ever reported missing.

Annette is mentioned in this article from June about the ongoing murder trial against Felix Vail for killing his other wife.
Thank you, Mr. Abshire, for wanting the truth to be known, even after a half century.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/21/serial-killer-witness-death-testify/9365707/
JACKSON, Miss. — When serial killer suspect Felix Vail goes on trial next year for the 1962 death of his wife, Mary, his one-time friend will testify against him — despite dying this week.
That's because prosecutors in Lake Charles, La., videotaped 91-year-old , Isaac Abshire Jr. testifying last June. A diabetic, he had suffered kidney problems before dying Monday.
<snip>
Eventually, Abshire faced Vail at work across a tall table. "He said he had lawyers that were ready to sue me for everything I had for all I was saying about him," Abshire recalled.
He said he told Vail, "Get your lawyers ready. I want to get on the (witness) stand and tell everybody what happened."
A half century after that conversation, Abshire told The Clarion-Ledger he was still ready to tell everybody what he saw that day in 1962.
When Vail goes on trial next year, Abshire will finally get his chance — by way of videotape.

https://www.facebook.com/doyouknowfelixvail/photos/a.454126938046648.1073741828.453755741417101/592368150889192/?type=1
1898020_592368150889192_7595024510970051922_n.png

Annette Vail

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8284/9/
30 years ago today.

:( Is there any way this Jane Doe could be Annette?

http://www.tcso.org/tcsoweb/ColdCaseDetails.aspx?id=16&Case=89-H-001

She was found in January of 1989. Her remains were skeletal, indicating that she was there for quite some time. Annette went missing in 84 so it's possible.

Jane Doe also had rings on her left ring finger, indicating to me that she was probably married.

Doe Network has a photo of Annette with a wide smile that when I enlarge it to see her teeth and it gets real fuzzy, they look straight. Not at all like this Jane Doe's. But that's my fuzzy visual, too. (read as - not that reliable.) Also, Annette is 66-67 inches tall and the Jane Doe is 69-72 inches tall. A two inch difference isn't enough to eliminate, but a six inch difference usually is so can't eliminate based on that either. The two items combined though, make me think Jane is not likely to be Annette.
I couldn't find the Jane Doe in NamUs to see if there's been any rule-outs.

Jerry Mitchell from the Clarion Ledger has written extensively about Felix Vail. His investigative reporting is outstanding! See here:

http://archive.clarionledger.com/ar...gs-Felix-Vail-s-mates-coincidences-foul-play-

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20130303/NEWS01/105160001/

Pink Panther, thank you for posting these stories. Although the first is very long, it is well worth the read. This could be made into a great movie!

So sad for all the victims here. This story is so sad, especially the part about his son being with him at age 7-8 and being forced to smoke marijuana and do LSD! And he turned out to be so successful! What a story.

Doe Network has a photo of Annette with a wide smile that when I enlarge it to see her teeth and it gets real fuzzy, they look straight. Not at all like this Jane Doe's. But that's my fuzzy visual, too. (read as - not that reliable.) Also, Annette is 66-67 inches tall and the Jane Doe is 69-72 inches tall. A two inch difference isn't enough to eliminate, but a six inch difference usually is so can't eliminate based on that either. The two items combined though, make me think Jane is not likely to be Annette.
I couldn't find the Jane Doe in NamUs to see if there's been any rule-outs.

I did notice Jane Doe's teeth were pretty crooked but thought it fit the timeline enough to at least consider her.

It seems that perhaps Jane Doe was found in too obvious a place for Felix's style anyway... :-/

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Greenfield woman wins right to testify to daughter&#8217;s 30-year-long &#8216;disappearance&#8217;

http://www.recorder.com/home/14572266-95/greenfield-woman-wins-right-to-testify-to-daughters-30-year-long-disappearance

It is the moment she has been hoping for 30 years, since her 19-year-old daughter disappeared in 1984 &#8212; a chance to help bring her daughter&#8217;s alleged killer to justice.

Mary Craver Rose of Greenfield has been asked to testify in Louisiana court on the disappearance of her daughter, Annette Craver Vail, as evidence in the murder trial of Felix Vail, accused of a different murder.

The case is known by experts as the oldest prosecution of an alleged serial killer in U.S. history, according to media reports.

What a terrible man! I have a feeling they may never find her body.

"Local woman headed to La. to testify in murder trial" - September 1, 2015

http://www.recorder.com/news/townbytown/greenfield/18420151-95/local-woman-headed-to-la-to-testify-in-murder-trial

“Having him arrested and locked up for the past two years brought some peace to my life,” said Rose.

“The trial and its outcome will be a turning point for my healing.”

“I’m going to be there as her witness,” she said. “Actually, it’s Annette and Sharon who will have their day in court!”

After the trial is over, Rose plans to travel to Houston to celebrate with friends and family.

“Yes, I’m very optimistic (about the outcome),” she said.

While Vail’s first wife’s body was recovered, Hensley’s and Craver’s bodies were never found.

Rose said she regrets that, because it has been difficult for her as a mother to find closure when she doesn’t know where her daughter is.

In the late 1980s, about five years after her daughter disappeared, Rose hired a private investigator, and with his help, eventually met with the families of the two other women.

“As I learned more and more, I was convinced Felix Vail had killed Annette,” she said. “I never gave up. My love for my daughter wouldn’t let me.”

Unfortunately, the families will have to wait a little longer to get their day in court as a delay for the trial is expected.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/journeytojustice/2015/10/08/felix-vail-trial-delay/73615570/

Websleuths Thread for Felix Vail

Trial postponed; a hearing has been set for January.

Mary Newton Rose&#8217;s chance to take the stand against her daughter&#8217;s ex, a suspected serial killer, postponed

http://www.recorder.com/news/townbytown/greenfield/19313620-95/local-woman-still-waiting-for-justice

Mary Newton Rose of Newell Court said the trial of Felix Vail, who she believes is responsible for the disappearance of her daughter 31 years ago, was supposed to start later this month, but has been postponed.

She said she had planned to head to Louisiana to testify in the trial on Nov. 18. She said she will eventually testify as a material witness against Vail, who she believes killed her daughter, Annette Craver, in 1984.

Newton Rose said she still feels a deep sadness when she thinks about her daughter and sometimes anger when she thinks of Vail. She retired to Greenfield 17 years ago and has offered piano lessons and done personal care for people. She said she loves doing volunteer work and has led her own crusade against domestic violence.

While Vail&#8217;s first wife&#8217;s body was recovered, Hensley&#8217;s and Craver&#8217;s bodies were never found, and Rose said she regrets that, because it has been difficult for her as a mother to find closure when she doesn&#8217;t know where her daughter is.

Greenfield woman to testify in murder trial, 32 years after her daughter’s disappearance

http://www.recorder.com/Greenfield-woman-testifying-in-Felix-Vail-murder-trial-3717760

A local woman whose daughter went missing 32 years ago will finally get a chance to testify in court against the man she believes is responsible for her daughter’s disappearance and death.

Mary Rose of Newell Court will travel to Louisiana the week of Aug. 8 to testify as a material witness against Felix Vail, the country’s oldest suspected serial killer. Vail, 76, was arrested and charged three years ago with the 1962 murder of his first wife, Mary Horton Vail. Rose believes Vail also killed her daughter, Annette Craver, in 1984 and another woman, Sharon Hensley, 11 years earlier. All three women were romantically involved with Vail at the time of their death or disappearances.

Rose is now the only living parent of the women Vail is suspected of killing and said she feels responsible for bringing justice for their families. She said she hasn’t thought much about what will happen if Vail isn’t convicted, because there is so much evidence against him.

Rose said her ideal outcome would be to see Vail convicted and spend the rest of his life in prison.

“Of course my hope and prayer is that he’ll confess and tell where the bodies of Sharon and Annette are, but I’m not counting on it. I’ll just be glad he’s finally being held accountable,” she said.

“I’m glad it’s getting national exposure, mainly because people who may have also experienced a loss may see it, and other victims might come forward. The Hensley family and the Horton family had no idea that it was not an isolated incident until I found out, and neither did I for eight years, I had no idea about the other two,” she said, adding the message persistence is also important — if something doesn’t feel right, don’t give up.

“I think I can die peacefully even though he’s never confessed and even though I’ve never found my daughter’s body, knowing that I didn’t give up and that he’s finally being held accountable and finally justice is being served for these three women,” Rose said.

I've submitted Annette as a potential match for an unidentified female found in Florida in 1988. Both of their DNA profiles are available, which implies a CODIS rule out, yet the resemblance is very strong to the Jane Doe's NCMEC reconstruction. The Jane Doe had died a few years before she was located, consistant with Annette's 1984 disappearance.
Vale-Doe.jpg

From the article these quotes below makes me think there should be a timeline made of this guy of places he lived and if any women went missing at the time he was living there.

.(((Publicity about Vail&#8217;s case fueled questions from people across the country. When did he live in California? Texas? Florida? And most often, &#8220;Were there other victims?&#8221;)))
((((She said Bill also told her about how he found a photograph of a naked black woman, face down, inside a box his father kept. &#8220;Bill wondered if she was alive or not.&#8221;))))

There really could be more victims.. I know I read in the article that he had journals but had pages missing out of those journals.. it would be interesting to know the dates of the pages that were torn out and if they would match any other timeframe of missing women; and I wonder if Annette and Sharon have been found already but for one reason or another remain unidentified.

Thank you to Annettes Mom Rose who Never gave up.. really she is an amazing woman!.. I could only imagine how hard this was for her!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back