932 users online (238 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Greenfield woman to testify in murder trial, 32 years after her daughterís disappearance

http://www.recorder.com/Greenfield-w...-trial-3717760

A local woman whose daughter went missing 32 years ago will finally get a chance to testify in court against the man she believes is responsible for her daughterís disappearance and death.

Mary Rose of Newell Court will travel to Louisiana the week of Aug. 8 to testify as a material witness against Felix Vail, the countryís oldest suspected serial killer. Vail, 76, was arrested and charged three years ago with the 1962 murder of his first wife, Mary Horton Vail. Rose believes Vail also killed her daughter, Annette Craver, in 1984 and another woman, Sharon Hensley, 11 years earlier. All three women were romantically involved with Vail at the time of their death or disappearances.
    Rose is now the only living parent of the women Vail is suspected of killing and said she feels responsible for bringing justice for their families. She said she hasnít thought much about what will happen if Vail isnít convicted, because there is so much evidence against him.

Rose said her ideal outcome would be to see Vail convicted and spend the rest of his life in prison.

ďOf course my hope and prayer is that heíll confess and tell where the bodies of Sharon and Annette are, but Iím not counting on it. Iíll just be glad heís finally being held accountable,Ē she said.

ďIím glad itís getting national exposure, mainly because people who may have also experienced a loss may see it, and other victims might come forward. The Hensley family and the Horton family had no idea that it was not an isolated incident until I found out, and neither did I for eight years, I had no idea about the other two,Ē she said, adding the message persistence is also important ó if something doesnít feel right, donít give up.

ďI think I can die peacefully even though heís never confessed and even though Iíve never found my daughterís body, knowing that I didnít give up and that heís finally being held accountable and finally justice is being served for these three women,Ē Rose said.
    Last edited by JusticeWillBeServed; 07-29-2016 at 07:48 AM.

I've submitted Annette as a potential match for an unidentified female found in Florida in 1988. Both of their DNA profiles are available, which implies a CODIS rule out, yet the resemblance is very strong to the Jane Doe's NCMEC reconstruction. The Jane Doe had died a few years before she was located, consistant with Annette's 1984 disappearance.
    Vale-Doe.jpg

Cali Doe was Tammy Jo

1-25-2015

From the article these quotes below makes me think there should be a timeline made of this guy of places he lived and if any women went missing at the time he was living there.

.(((Publicity about Vail’s case fueled questions from people across the country. When did he live in California? Texas? Florida? And most often, “Were there other victims?”)))
    ((((She said Bill also told her about how he found a photograph of a naked black woman, face down, inside a box his father kept. “Bill wondered if she was alive or not.”))))

There really could be more victims.. I know I read in the article that he had journals but had pages missing out of those journals.. it would be interesting to know the dates of the pages that were torn out and if they would match any other timeframe of missing women; and I wonder if Annette and Sharon have been found already but for one reason or another remain unidentified.

Thank you to Annettes Mom Rose who Never gave up.. really she is an amazing woman!.. I could only imagine how hard this was for her!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2