Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
thompson_misty.jpg
thompson_misty1.jpg

Misty Dawn Thompson

Endangered Missing from Woodland, Washington since August 24, 1993

Age: 15 -- Height: 5'3" -- Weight: 110 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Misty was last seen at her foster home in Woodland, Washington on August 19, 1993. She may have ran away with an older Hispanic male to Mexico. She called home a few days later on August 24, and hasn't been heard from since.

NamUs

NAMPN

Authorities continue search for vanished locals

[snip]

There is reason for families to continue hoping — for closure at least. When 15-year-old Misty Dawn Thompson ran away from a Woodland foster home in 1993, there were few leads for most of a decade.

But about a year ago, Cowlitz County sheriff’s deputy Robert Stumph re-ignited the investigation when he located a man who had long been suspected of playing a role in her disappearance, CCSO spokesman Charlie Rosenzweig said Thursday. Since then, police have worked with the man, as well as INTERPOL agents, and believe that they may be able to determine what became of Misty.

“Here’s a case that’s 15 years old. Fifteen or 20 years later, they’re still getting leads,” Rosenzweig said, attributing these recent breaks to his colleagues’ continuing “Good old-fashioned elbow grease, hard pursuit.”

More: http://tdn.com/news/local/authoriti...cle_f6b3f434-c4d8-11e2-93f5-0019bb2963f4.html

Authorities continue search for vanished locals

[snip]

There is reason for families to continue hoping — for closure at least. When 15-year-old Misty Dawn Thompson ran away from a Woodland foster home in 1993, there were few leads for most of a decade.

But about a year ago, Cowlitz County sheriff’s deputy Robert Stumph re-ignited the investigation when he located a man who had long been suspected of playing a role in her disappearance, CCSO spokesman Charlie Rosenzweig said Thursday. Since then, police have worked with the man, as well as INTERPOL agents, and believe that they may be able to determine what became of Misty.

“Here’s a case that’s 15 years old. Fifteen or 20 years later, they’re still getting leads,” Rosenzweig said, attributing these recent breaks to his colleagues’ continuing “Good old-fashioned elbow grease, hard pursuit.”

More: http://tdn.com/news/local/authoriti...cle_f6b3f434-c4d8-11e2-93f5-0019bb2963f4.html

Why is this man that is the father of mistys son not in jail for kidnapping and human trafficking.
I am her cousin from tx and would like some answers . I have been lied to by dhs and that whole group up there. She is missed everyday !! We didnt find out she was missing until they contacted her biological mother for DNA but yet her case worker had no problem sending her deceased grandmother and me photos and up dates that she was doing good and fixing to go to college . This is a joke that man impregnated her and kidnapped her and took her to mexico . As of now she has no voice so im her voice . the house she was staying at this man was molesting alot of girls in there and i have come to find out he was apart of a sex trafficking ring from washington to california. I want him arrested and held accountable

Why is this man that is the father of mistys son not in jail for kidnapping and human trafficking.
I am her cousin from tx and would like some answers . I have been lied to by dhs and that whole group up there. She is missed everyday !! We didnt find out she was missing until they contacted her biological mother for DNA but yet her case worker had no problem sending her deceased grandmother and me photos and up dates that she was doing good and fixing to go to college . This is a joke that man impregnated her and kidnapped her and took her to mexico . As of now she has no voice so im her voice . the house she was staying at this man was molesting alot of girls in there and i have come to find out he was apart of a sex trafficking ring from washington to california. I want him arrested and held accountable

Welcome to the forum, Josannaflach. I am sorry it is under these cirumstances. Thank you for posting.

I am putting together a better time line on misty and will be posting it here in a few weeks

Misty Dawn Thompson – The Charley Project

Misty Dawn Thompson
  • misty_dawn_thompson_1.jpg
  • misty_dawn_thompson_2.jpg
Misty, circa 1993

• Missing Since08/19/1993
  • Missing FromWoodland, Washington
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth09/15/1978 (40)
  • Age15 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA purple sweatshirt, white shorts, white socks and white shoes.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Misty lived with a foster family in Woodland, Washington in August 1993. She left home on August 19 and never returned.

There had been prior issues with Misty's foster family, and eventually its license was revoked. Girls who had been placed in that home had supposedly had inappropriate relationships.

Misty spent some time with the adult son-in-law of the home's owner. He was a Mexican national and facing possible deportation proceedings. Social workers asked him to move out. The man, who was later accused of impregnating another teenager, left the home at approximately the same time Misty did.

Misty's foster mother claims Misty called her after her disappearance and said she was okay but wouldn't reveal her whereabouts. When police interviewed the foster mother about Misty's disappearance eight years later, she said that in 1997, U.S. government officials in Mexico had called her and told her Misty had died. She never got a written notice of Misty's death, however, and police have been unable to confirm this account.

Although many agencies classify Misty as a runaway and it's possible she did leave of her own accord, she is missing under mysterious circumstances and may be in danger. Her case remains unsolved.

Yesterday was the 27th anniversary of Misty's disappearance.

Photos of Misty that I enhanced. I'm including the originals so you can see the difference. (There's only a slight difference on these.)

7894C4AE-BA81-41E5-8DF5-0DF098F6AB36.jpeg 34AD1637-8213-453D-8111-B1937EA59895.jpeg 64CF69A0-0B78-4C33-963E-B225989E16C4.jpeg 686FCDC6-3586-459F-80A5-4F835AB4CD0F.jpeg

Bump for Misty.
Her foster family sounds suspicious...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson